• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS "Rankings" and The Folly of Trusting Media About The FCS

mthoopsfan said:
PhxGriz said:
They just laid off a large portion of their staff as well.

Ya, maybe SI would do better if they still had employees. "The future of Sports Illustrated was uncertain Friday after the publisher of the iconic magazine and website laid off most or “probably all” of its guild-represented staff, its union said. In a memo sent to staff viewed by CNN, the magazine's publisher said it is “laying off staff that work on the SI brand.”Jan 19, 2024". Hero Sports probably has more employees than SI now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolekraft/2024/01/21/mass-layoff-appears-to-be-the-end-of-sports-illustrated/?sh=5e7a71c875e5

mthoopsfan said:
Ya, maybe SI would do better if they still had employees. "The future of Sports Illustrated was uncertain Friday after the publisher of the iconic magazine and website laid off most or “probably all” of its guild-represented staff, its union said. In a memo sent to staff viewed by CNN, the magazine's publisher said it is “laying off staff that work on the SI brand.”Jan 19, 2024". Hero Sports probably has more employees than SI now.

Management problem, that is, investor problem. Seen it in about every type of business. Owner sells, new owner now has to make X dollars(purchase price)plus acceptable (Rate of) Return on Investment. One of my employers sold out to an investment group who sent their new CEO to 'oversee' the transition. He met with employee to let them know that in their business model, there were currently twice as many employees as needed, and that will change, quickly. It didn't take long before the rush to get out became a stampede.

I don't know what SI will look like when it's all said and done, but it WILL be different.

alabamagrizzly said:
Bear Axed said:
https://swimsuit.si.com/swimsuit/model/martha-stewart-2023-si-swimsuit-photos#gid=ci02bf15e930002776&pid=20230202_si_martha_stewart_s06_0775_wmweb

I will not dare click that link in fear I might see Martha in a swimsuit. I’m sure you can’t unsee that.

I took the risk for you. Actually totally a great pic of Martha. Its a very conservative one piece.

I can't believe the glow up that woman has had in the last few years. She somehow came out of prison, became besties with Snoop, and is somehow now a weird combination of "America's Bad Bitch Sweetheart." I'm here for it.

ElrodGrizzly said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I will not dare click that link in fear I might see Martha in a swimsuit. I’m sure you can’t unsee that.

I took the risk for you. Actually totally a great pic of Martha. Its a very conservative one piece.

I can't believe the glow up that woman has had in the last few years. She somehow came out of prison, became besties with Snoop, and is somehow now a weird combination of "America's Bad Bitch Sweetheart." I'm here for it.

The woman is 82 years old. I can't even imagine the amount of photoshopping that is being done to her photos. Either that or she has made some sort of deal with the devil for infinite youth because I'm in my mid 50s and have more wrinkles than she does (if one is to believe the photos).

Da Boyz Mom said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

The woman is 82 years old. I can't even imagine the amount of photoshopping that is being done to her photos. Either that or she has made some sort of deal with the devil for infinite youth because I'm in my mid 50s and have more wrinkles than she does (if one is to believe the photos).

82?! WTF.... I'm 40 and I have way more wrinkles than her.

Never underestimate what insane wealth can do for your skin care with products, the best food, a personal trainer, and unlimited things like botox or small plastic surgery. And, hey, more power to her. I'm really enjoying this era of Martha and Snoop. I can't believe how quick witted and cool she manages to be at 82...

Good point, Elrod. Money buys access to lots of things. Look at Michael Jack$on and all his pla$tic $urgerie$. He wanted the illusion of youth, like a Rembrandt or da Vinci painting, but ended up more like a Picasso.

Colorado info. Didn't think it was worth a separate thread.

"Colorado coach Deion Sanders made waves with his rapid roster turnover last year, netting 72 new additions before his first season with the Buffaloes. Of those, 21 came from the high school ranks -- a rather standard prep recruiting class in the modern age of college football.

With the dust settled following February's traditional national signing day, a peek at Colorado's class reveals Sanders and and his staff only signed seven high school players. It is by far the smallest recruiting class among power conference programs and sits at 117th in the 247Sports Team Composite -- right behind the likes of Hawaii, Connecticut and Buffalo. 

Don't let the ranking fool you, though; Colorado eschewed quantity for quality. Four of the Buffaloes' seven signees rate as four-star prospects. Three of those players sit inside the top 100, highlighted by five-star offensive lineman Jordan Seaton, who is the No. 1 interior offensive lineman and No. 13 overall prospect in his class. 

This marks the second straight year that Sanders has signed a five-star prospect from the prep level. Still, no matter how impressive the list of names might be, a seven-player signing class is certainly strange.

A year after signing a robust 51 transfers in 2023, Colorado added just under half that number with 24 transfers headed to Boulder ahead of the 2024 season. 

That's still second most among power conference schools, just behind Louisville's whopping 26-player transfer class. Seven of those transfers grade out as four stars in 247Sports' rankings. By comparison, Colorado lost just 13 players to the portal, in stark contrast to the 56-player exodus from last year."

https://apple.news/A8L-f4DzCSNCuetAdJm-Ujg 

ElrodGrizzly said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Appreciate the sacrifice and I will take your word for it. She definitely has garnered more cool points since going to prison and befriending a gangster drug user😁. Maybe that speaks more about our society than about Martha. I have first hand knowledge that doesn’t work for all of us though😂. Of course my crime wasn’t as cool as insider trading though. I just broke into a convenient store for beer and cigarettes as an 18 year old kid.

mthoopsfan said:
Colorado info. Didn't think it was worth a separate thread.

"Colorado coach Deion Sanders made waves with his rapid roster turnover last year, netting 72 new additions before his first season with the Buffaloes. Of those, 21 came from the high school ranks -- a rather standard prep recruiting class in the modern age of college football.

With the dust settled following February's traditional national signing day, a peek at Colorado's class reveals Sanders and and his staff only signed seven high school players. It is by far the smallest recruiting class among power conference programs and sits at 117th in the 247Sports Team Composite -- right behind the likes of Hawaii, Connecticut and Buffalo. 

Don't let the ranking fool you, though; Colorado eschewed quantity for quality. Four of the Buffaloes' seven signees rate as four-star prospects. Three of those players sit inside the top 100, highlighted by five-star offensive lineman Jordan Seaton, who is the No. 1 interior offensive lineman and No. 13 overall prospect in his class. 

This marks the second straight year that Sanders has signed a five-star prospect from the prep level. Still, no matter how impressive the list of names might be, a seven-player signing class is certainly strange.

A year after signing a robust 51 transfers in 2023, Colorado added just under half that number with 24 transfers headed to Boulder ahead of the 2024 season. 

That's still second most among power conference schools, just behind Louisville's whopping 26-player transfer class. Seven of those transfers grade out as four stars in 247Sports' rankings. By comparison, Colorado lost just 13 players to the portal, in stark contrast to the 56-player exodus from last year."

https://apple.news/A8L-f4DzCSNCuetAdJm-Ujg 

This confirms what I had suspected all along, that Neon is in it for the short haul. Goin' for broke, its now or never. How long? Dunno. If he was even considering, on the outside, staying for more than three or four years, he'd be building with the HS class. The sooner he gets his nose rubbed in it, the better. Then he can go limping off into the sunset, again.

alabamagrizzly said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Appreciate the sacrifice and I will take your word for it. She definitely has garnered more cool points since going to prison and befriending a gangster drug user😁. Maybe that speaks more about our society than about Martha. I have first hand knowledge that doesn’t work for all of us though😂. Of course my crime wasn’t as cool as insider trading though. I just broke into a convenient store for beer and cigarettes as an 18 year old kid.

That's a steep price for a lil beer and cigarettes! But you can't put a price on enjoyment, I always say. :lol:

I've so far only had to spend two nights in jail when I was young and dumb. Really hoping to keep my 20 year streak alive of avoiding another night.

ElrodGrizzly said:
alabamagrizzly said:

That's a steep price for a lil beer and cigarettes! But you can't put a price on enjoyment, I always say. :lol:

I've so far only had to spend two nights in jail when I was young and dumb. Really hoping to keep my 20 year streak alive of avoiding another night.

Well to be fair it was the 18 probation violations I racked up the first year of my deferred sentence that got me sent to prison. I was also sort of a marked man due to being guilty by association to the crowd I was runnin with at the time. I’ll just say that my group helped Guy Baker rise up through the ranks with his gang task force, that is if you really want to call what constituted as a gang in Missoula back then. Mostly we were a bunch of misguided hoodlums that didn’t appreciate what it was like to live in a society with laws. Luckily for me I had a good head on my shoulders, I just needed someone to pull it out of my a s s for me😂.

alabamagrizzly said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Well to be fair it was the 18 probation violations I racked up the first year of my deferred sentence that got me sent to prison. I was also sort of a marked man due to being guilty by association to the crowd I was runnin with at the time. I’ll just say that my group helped Guy Baker rise up through the ranks with his gang task force, that is if you really want to call what constituted as a gang in Missoula back then. Mostly we were a bunch of misguided hoodlums that didn’t appreciate what it was like to live in a society with laws. Luckily for me I had a good head on my shoulders, I just needed someone to pull it out of my a s s for me😂.

I'm glad you got it figured out, Bama. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I'm glad you got it figured out, Bama. :thumb:

Appreciate that but I’m pretty sure I had the Big Guy on my side. I definitely had some situations and scenarios that shouldn’t have gone my way but did. Of course after that the ball was in my court to certainty screw it up again but I learned and made the most of it, or at least way more of it then it could’ve been.

alabamagrizzly said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

I like Guy Baker, to the extent I know him.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I like Guy Baker, to the extent I know him.

I haven’t seen him in a loooooong time and never knew him. He was friends w/ my uncle in high school at sentinel and the first time I met him I was about 9 or 10 at our family’s cabin up at flathead. The next time I met him he was arresting me as an 18 year old trouble maker. Funny story. I did meet him again about 4 years later after I had graduated the state boot camp and got my deferred sentence back. I delivered a new couch to his house, up the rattlesnake I believe. When he said I looked familiar to him, I reminded him of why and then he offered me a beer, knowing I was still on probation. Obviously I turned it down😁. He seemed like a nice enough guy though but that was from a very limited experience with him. That was around ‘99-‘00 so it’s been a minute.

Offering you a beer knowing you were on probation tells me all I need to know about his character. Speaks volumes.

Your admission to being less than perfect, in this sea of internet sharks, says a lot about your character. :thumb: You got some big, brass balls, my friend. :clap:

3-7-77 said:
Offering you a beer knowing you were on probation tells me all I need to know about his character. Speaks volumes.

Your admission to being less than perfect, in this sea of internet sharks, says a lot about your character. :thumb: You got some big, brass balls, my friend. :clap:

One thing I’ve learned through life is to not be ashamed of my past cus I wouldn’t be who I am today with out it. Trials and tribulations will either strengthen you or break you depending on what you allow them to do.

5137b839ecad04b641000016-1024x808.jpeg

It's crucial to approach FCS rankings with a critical eye, as media coverage may not always reflect the true strength of teams. Diverse sources and firsthand knowledge offer a more comprehensive view. Stay informed and engaged to make well-informed judgments about FCS football.
I keep it simple. Montana’s the best and everyone else sucks. Polls never get it right.

And didn't they have Martha Stewart in one of the swimsuit editions? 🤣. Just thought I'd throw that in there since we are talking about how bad SI has gotten. Haha
I remember that issue. It featured Martha Stewart, Rachel Ray, and a big boned Julia Childs. “Cooking Babes on the Beach.” A tasty issue.

Latest posts

Back