• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS playoff system needs to be overhauled

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizare#1 said:
Maybe so but if you have a great season you deserve it. Mcneese 9-2 stays home :oops:

Here is your fix. Go back to 20 teams and only take the top 2 finishers in each Conference. No more selection committee.

+1000000 infinity.

Which would be just peachy except everybody doesn’t play everybody. Until THAT day this won’t work.

Sure it will. May force the Conferences to do something.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Here is your fix. Go back to 20 teams and only take the top 2 finishers in each Conference. No more selection committee.

+1000000 infinity.

Which would be just peachy except everybody doesn’t play everybody. Until THAT day this won’t work.

No way I’d want it implemented unless it was in conjunction with a change in the conference.

So USD gets in despite losing 4 of it’s last 5.

NAU gets a “pass” on the Montana loss, apparently, otherwise the obvious choice would have been EWU...

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
+1000000 infinity.

No way I’d want it implemented unless it was in conjunction with a change in the conference.

Then people need to quit complaining about the current system, because there is not a perfect system.

AZGrizFan said:
So USD gets in despite losing 4 of it’s last 5.

NAU gets a “pass” on the Montana loss, apparently, otherwise the obvious choice would have been EWU...

Yep. But I don't think it was a NAU or EWU decision.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

Then people need to quit complaining about the current system, because there is not a perfect system.

Here's the "perfect" system for the Griz. Win the BSC. Remember? Used to be pretty automatic....three home playoff games. That's the perfect system.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Here's the "perfect" system for the Griz. Win the BSC. Remember? Used to be pretty automatic....three home playoff games. That's the perfect system.

next year.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Haven’t won it since 2011, yet somehow it’s all Stitt’s fault he hasn’t turned it around immediately.

bhumble said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

next year.

Firm believer if schedule better non conference games with your record right now, you are in or highly considered. Your schedule this year did not do you justice. EWU did get screwed. Nicholls should not be in

TheRealJacks said:
bhumble said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

next year.

Firm believer if schedule better non conference games with your record right now, you are in or highly considered. Your schedule this year did not do you justice. EWU did get screwed. Nicholls should not be in

Funny thing about that....we HAD a better non-conference game scheduled.... :roll:

TheRealJacks said:
bhumble said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

next year.

The thing about EWU is even though they had a difficult schedule, they didn't beat any of the best teams. They had to hang their hat on beating Montana, which I don't think was very impressive.

HelenaHandBasket said:
TheRealJacks said:
bhumble said:
SoldierGriz said:

next year.

The thing about EWU is even though they had a difficult schedule, they didn't beat any of the best teams. They had to hang their hat on beating Montana, which I don't think was very impressive.

Yet NAU couldnt’ even do that, and there they are.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

Haven’t won it since 2011, yet somehow it’s all Stitt’s fault he hasn’t turned it around immediately.

Ummm.....he's the head friggin coach for three of those years. What's your definition immediately? Good Lord.

Agreed. Overhaul it back to 16 teams with each one being seeded. No more byes. Although we are talking about the NCAA and since they get a healthy cut from each playoff game, I expect the field to expand to 32 teams by 2020.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
TheRealJacks said:
bhumble said:
next year.

Yet NAU couldnt’ even do that, and there they are.

We can go around and around forever, but from my perspective SUU and Weber are the only BSC team that deserved to be in the playoffs. The expansion from 16 to 24 has done nothing but water down the playoffs and make it a big deal about which 7-4 team should they decide on for the last couple spots. From my perspective, who cares.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Ummm.....he's the head friggin coach for three of those years. What's your definition immediately? Good Lord.

He is missing the point. People don't want Stitt gone for not winning a Championship this year, they want him gone because the program under him hasn't shown growth over those 3 years. He will argue that it has, but going 7-4 and losing to MSU on Saturday is not progress from what was happening prior to his arrival.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

He is missing the point. People don't want Stitt gone for not winning a Championship this year, they want him gone because the program under him hasn't shown growth over those 3 years. He will argue that it has, but going 7-4 and losing to MSU on Saturday is not progress from what was happening prior to his arrival.

+1. The light is faint at the end of the tunnel. Hard to see.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Ummm.....he's the head friggin coach for three of those years. What's your definition of immediately? Good Lord.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

+1. The light is faint at the end of the tunnel. Hard to see.

But you’re admitting there’s a light? :lol:

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

+1000000 infinity.

WIN YOUR f***[*] LEAGUE. PERIOD. I KNOW you're not from the f***[*] participation trophy generation.
It's the BSC not the BSL :roll:

Back