• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS AWARDS BANQUET--Will Dante Olsen win the Buck Buchanan Award?

Congratulations Mr. Dante Olsen. Not only on a stellar career at the University of Montana, but for being a very well spoken, hard working, humble young man! You are certainly deserving of all the accolades coming your way!

I agree with poster Dillon in welcoming you to the NFL! May you be as successful in your future endeavors as you have been in the past!

Again, Congratulations Dante!

I heard that Olsen accidentally bumped into a couple people on his way to the bathroom, and UM's score keeper credited him with two more tackles.

RobertoGato said:
I heard that Olsen accidentally bumped into a couple people on his way to the bathroom, and UM's score keeper credited him with two more tackles.

I don't care who you root for, that's funny. 😂😂

RobertoGato said:

...but only because when Dante Olson hits you, you're going down!

Sour grapes much?

Dillon said:
Did I miss it but did ABC even mention Dante during the game?

I was watching for it and didn't see it either. I thought the half time show was really shabby. They kept talking about Monday night's matchup and spent no time on the FCS game that was in front of them or the awards from the night before. During the game they also referred to Lance as being the player of the year in the FCS which is totally wrong. He was the offensive player of the year.

Griz1 said:
Dillon said:
I was watching for it and didn't see it either. I thought the half time show was really shabby. They kept talking about Monday night's matchup and spent no time on the FCS game that was in front of them or the awards from the night before. During the game they also referred to Lance as being the player of the year in the FCS which is totally wrong. He was the offensive player of the year.
Totally typical. I'm assuming they have a list in front of them that says how many times they have to mention "upcoming attractions." That takes precedence over the game they're actually supposed to be watching. If it's any consolation, we've noted that same thing in the bowl coverage: Many of them spend more time talking about games their network has scheduled than they do about the game on the field.

Although I appreciate thea fact that an FCS game was featured on a national stage the whole game was pretty much an advertisement, a preview for the FBS playoffs.

What I'm curious about is how much UNDSU paid for the commercials plugging their institution or that was somehow part of the deal for the programs?

Fully expect to see them featured as one of the ads during Super Bowl.

I probably should not say this but I can not wait to see what the Griz will do next year with some players healthy again.

Griz1 said:
Dillon said:

Guess what they focused on today during the Texas Tech/West Virginia game? And the Virginia/Syracuse game?

You guessed it, the FBS football championship Monday night.

Getting your panties in a wad about this is wasted energy.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz1 said:
Dillon said:

Guess what they focused on today during the Texas Tech/West Virginia game? And the Virginia/Syracuse game?

You guessed it, the FBS football championship Monday night.

Getting your panties in a wad about this is wasted energy.
Yep, they're paying big $$$ for those broadcast rights. The announcers are surely instructed to push viewers in that direction. That's the price we pay for "free" TV. The alternative is pay-per-view. Trust me, as a boxing fan, I know way too much about how much that can add up.

Latest posts

Back