• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS AWARDS BANQUET--Will Dante Olsen win the Buck Buchanan Award?

Once or twice you come across the extremely rare person who transcends greatness not on one level only, but rather on multiple levels.

Here’s looking at you, Dante.

A beast on the field and an ambassador off the field. Going to miss #33 for sure...

Go Griz!

Congratulations Dante, it was a great pleasure watching you perform this year (and all previous years).
You worked hard to help our defense perform, and to get the maximum contribution from your skills. You are a deserving recipient of this Buchanan Award, plus all of the other awards. You make Montana proud.

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1215826372985262080

Congrats Mr. Olson & let me be the first to Welcome you to the Pros. Everyone from Griz Nation will be watching an exceptional young man excel at the next level. Do us proud young man!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
That he didn’t win the big sky DPOY outright is an absolute joke.

What is truly amazing is that George Obinna, DE, Sac State the Co-Defensive Player of the Year in the Big Sky Conference is not listed in the top 26 candidates for the Buck Buchanan Award. I am not knocking George, he had no part of the voting process. I readily admit that I don't really know the specifics of the Big Sky voting and if a team didn't play against the Griz I can partly understand a coach not voting for him but if the coach can read, watch film and talk to other coaches I cannot for the life of me understand how Dante could not be an unanimous choice. The Defensive Player of the Year in the Big Sky Conference is for a season of work and not based on one or two games, and even if it was, when did Dante ever have a bad game. He was a run-away winner on a national scale. Where is the logic of this decision?

Congratulations Dante. Thanks for being a Griz and for your representation of the University of Montana.

Griz1 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

What is truly amazing is that George Obinna, DE, Sac State the Co-Defensive Player of the Year in the Big Sky Conference is not listed in the top 26 candidates for the Buck Buchanan Award. I am not knocking George, he had no part of the voting process. I readily admit that I don't really know the specifics of the Big Sky voting and if a team didn't play against the Griz I can partly understand a coach not voting for him but if the coach can read, watch film and talk to other coaches I cannot for the life of me understand how Dante could not be an unanimous choice. The Defensive Player of the Year in the Big Sky Conference is for a season of work and not based on one or two games, and even if it was, when did Dante ever have a bad game. He was a run-away winner on a national scale. Where is the logic of this decision?

Congratulations Dante. Thanks for being a Griz and for your representation of the University of Montana.

The Co-Defensive player of the year with Dante was Jonah Williams from Weber State, who had worse stats than Obhino.

I am privileged to have watched Dante play the last couple years. What a truly remarkable young man.

I hope somebody can cut/ excerpt his speech ( 2:21 to 2:27 marks) because Dante deserves this recognition and gave a nice speech. https://www.chikorostudios.com/fcsawards

Buttegrizzle said:
Outstanding! Dante won every conceivable award for his football and academic performance. Every regional and national entity recognized his accomplishment, except...
the BSC.

#BSC

#FucktheBSC

WaGriz4life said:
Griz1 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

The Co-Defensive player of the year with Dante was Jonah Williams from Weber State, who had worse stats than Obhino.

You are right. I am not sure where I came up with that. Thanks for correcting me. The same point holds true that Jonah Williams was not in the top 26 either.

Dutch Lane said:
WTF he actually personally thanked Baer. I was under the impression from most of the fellas here on egriz that he was too old to relate to this generation, washed up has been just a place holder and that he basically sucked as a defensive coordinator. Must have just been dumb luck then that he plucked Dante off of the special teams and turned him into the Buchanan winner after only coaching him for 2 years. Fire Baer, come on who’s with me....anyone? Anyone? Come on fellas step up let’s do this.
[/quot

I know you are being funny, but you are gonna get your wish. Retirement beckons.

….realize how good he was being at the Oregon game..most Duck fans around me couldn't
believe he was somewhat of a local kid and the Ducks overlooked him..glad he was a Griz
..look forward to see him play in the NFL..congrats Dante!

Latest posts

Back