• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Explanation of the 2022 Season?

thirdandlong said:
mthoopsfan said:
You say you are “realistic”, but don’t use facts and just revert to your narrative. You show that you don’t know much about the team.

The D will be very good. Seemingly deep everywhere except corner. A huge number of good linebackers. Young d-line players itching to get on field and make impact.

O looks very talented and deep, subject to how good the qb play will be. We will have to see how good the qb’s are, but qb is not a “huge question.”

UM is not “continuing to be pummeled” by the Cats. UM pummeled the Cats the prior season. Losses to the likes of NDSU and JMU in the playoffs are not embarrassing. Those were great teams at top of FCS.

Try starting with the facts, instead of your narrative.

You mean my narrative like your fact-less narrative that the Griz only lost because Johnson got hurt. A narrative like that one?
Facts? You want facts? Does losing to the Cats 4 of the past 5 years, and finishing no higher than third in the conference during Hauck's tenure count as facts??? Inquiring minds want to know. Spin that one, Sparky!

The conference rankings have had a LOT to do with the schedule, to be fair. We have also gone from in the 30's in national ranking to being a consistent top team in the eyes of other coaches and the media. Yes, it sucks losing to the Cats, but you are acting like we haven't been on a giant upward trajectory for the past five years. Last year was the first one that we ended up lower than expected. We have been producing very strong football teams.

What fun is it for you to be a "fan" of a team and just constantly be negative about them? I honestly don't get where your joy comes from here. I'm not attacking you, that is a genuine question.

thirdandlong said:
mthoopsfan said:
You say you are “realistic”, but don’t use facts and just revert to your narrative. You show that you don’t know much about the team.

The D will be very good. Seemingly deep everywhere except corner. A huge number of good linebackers. Young d-line players itching to get on field and make impact.

O looks very talented and deep, subject to how good the qb play will be. We will have to see how good the qb’s are, but qb is not a “huge question.”

UM is not “continuing to be pummeled” by the Cats. UM pummeled the Cats the prior season. Losses to the likes of NDSU and JMU in the playoffs are not embarrassing. Those were great teams at top of FCS.

Try starting with the facts, instead of your narrative.

You mean my narrative like your fact-less narrative that the Griz only lost because Johnson got hurt. A narrative like that one?
Facts? You want facts? Does losing to the Cats 4 of the past 5 years, and finishing no higher than third in the conference during Hauck's tenure count as facts??? Inquiring minds want to know. Spin that one, Sparky!

It is a fact that UM has severely hurt when Johnson was injured in the first quarter and didn't play against Weber. Nothing narrative about that. Almost all Griz fans believe UM would have beaten SS and Weber with Johnson. No narrative there. People like you bitched incessantly about not having a better backup qb, which shows you know that Johnson was much better. Everyone, including you, saw the big drop-off.

I have said nothing about conference rank, other than it's stupid to keep bringing up last year's 6th place, when the team made it to the playoffs, won a playoff game, and was ranked 14th in the nation. And all losses were to playoff teams, 2 of which were seeded teams. Anyone who thinks the conference finish is more important than those other things is a complete football idiot.

Hauck has coached only 4 full seasons since his return. The Griz and Cats are 1-1 in last 2 games.

Zero narrative out of me. But that's all you have. You don't even have the facts, and you aren't close to the program. You see mistaken views and posts on egriz, and then put them in your narrative. You don't go to practices. You aren't in QB Club. You continually make up stuff. You don't understand football. You are the biggest joke ever on the UM football message boards.

Back