• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

East Coast Arrogance

1983 Griz said:
I am a firm believer that a key component of success is a healthy respect for your adversary - whether in business or sports. Over the years, I have experienced first-hand, business professionals from parts east of the Mississippi display a condescending attitude toward me and my Montana colleagues. It is like they thought they were dealing with Jed Clampett.

My suggestion is to just lean into it. Early on, I worked in New York City for a few years. Coworkers were shocked to meet someone from Montana; almost none had any idea where it was. My supervisor always confused Montana with Omaha, and once asked what was the difference. I would tell them to go home I had to fly into Salt Lake City and take a stage coach the rest of the way, which they actually believed. Guess who got the best laugh in the end? So when your acquaintances say something ignorant, build on it. They’ll feel pretty good about themselves until sometime later they figure out you were playing them. Have fun.

go96griz said:
Having attended the 2004 chipper against JMU, I can speak first hand of the arrogance. While it isn’t fair to put all their fans in this category, I will say we have never met a fan base as arrogant as a whole. My wife and I still have a healthy hatred for them. The best thing the Griz can do is knock them off this Friday night and be the end to their FCS existence.

I would put Villanova fans in that same bucket. The ignorance I met from their fans in Chatty in, I think '09 was....interesting.

GrizGuy said:
go96griz said:
Having attended the 2004 chipper against JMU, I can speak first hand of the arrogance. While it isn’t fair to put all their fans in this category, I will say we have never met a fan base as arrogant as a whole. My wife and I still have a healthy hatred for them. The best thing the Griz can do is knock them off this Friday night and be the end to their FCS existence.

I would put Villanova fans in that same bucket. The ignorance I met from their fans in Chatty in, I think '09 was....interesting.
Biggest twat I ever met outside of the first wife was a nova fan.

GrizGuy said:
go96griz said:

How did you manage to interact with a Nova fan in ‘09? There couldn’t have been more than 700-800 of them there. That side of the field’s stands were basically empty.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizGuy said:

How did you manage to interact with a Nova fan in ‘09? There couldn’t have been more than 700-800 of them there. That side of the field’s stands were basically empty.
Football hardly registers at Bball school Nova. Nevertheless, they play consistently good football.

EverettGriz said:
83, post more.

Their board was loaded with that stuff in 2008 as well. They called us soft, didn’t play defense, and called the bsc “big fluff”. Then we went in there on a cold Friday night, physically dominated them, and completely throttled them in the semis.

I think their knowledgeable fans have a little different viewpoint this time around.

But you would agree, right? That the Big Sky is a bad conference? You are constantly saying so.

I’ve lived in the east and the west. I don’t believe there is an arrogance in either. People are people, some are good, others not so good in either location.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizGuy said:

Milling around the city, and right after the game let out, and milling around the city more.

Spanky2 said:
I’ve lived in the east and the west. I don’t believe there is an arrogance in either. People are people, some are good, others not so good in either location.

Well, now, there you go talking sense and ruining the fun. :)

BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:
83, post more.

Their board was loaded with that stuff in 2008 as well. They called us soft, didn’t play defense, and called the bsc “big fluff”. Then we went in there on a cold Friday night, physically dominated them, and completely throttled them in the semis.

I think their knowledgeable fans have a little different viewpoint this time around.

But you would agree, right? That the Big Sky is a bad conference? You are constantly saying so.

No, I constantly say the bsc leadership is crap, because it is.

The top 4-5 teams in the bsc are top-level fcs teams/programs. The bottom tier programs in the bsc are shit. And that includes talent level, facilties, support, and whatever other metric you'd like to use. And yes, noco is absolutely one of those.

EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:

The top 4-5 teams in the bsc are top-level fcs teams/programs. The bottom tier programs in the bsc are shit. And that includes talent level, facilties, support, and whatever other metric you'd like to use. And yes, noco is absolutely one of those.

You must only be referring to football then. All other programs are pretty good.

BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

You must only be referring to football then.
What forum do you think you're on?

EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:

I fully expect a Muay Thai fighting challenge to the death following your insolent response.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:

I fully expect a Muay Thai fighting challenge to the death following your insolent response.

pic_1139965127_2.jpg

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:

:lol:

That one will live in eGriz infamy, up there with Clown Car Act Show and Kessman.

Da Boyz Mom said:
EverettGriz said:
:lol:

That one will live in eGriz infamy, up there with Clown Car Act Show and Kessman.

But is it best in space????

Kessman's year playing for the Phoenix didn't burn his Covid year so rumor is he's coming back next fall. BOOM!

Back