• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eagles and Cats.....

ilovethecats said:
lol. Ya I did. Knew it was wide right away. I’m on the 4th floor in the very last box on that side. That left goal post is literally right in front of our window. It was wide. Celebrated before the ref even called it.

Like I said I won’t try to change your mind. Times are tough for you guys now. If it’s not going well on the field the next best thing is to go after the cats. And I’m fine with that. I just know what I saw live right in front of me. Guess it’s what the ref saw too.

It’s not a cat Griz think even though you fuck sticks try to keep making it that way. It’s a ref crew absolutely blowing a HUGE call, one that affected the game immensely...just like they did once already and got suspended.

If you saw the kick then you know 100 percent it went above the goal post. What you stated earlier clearly showed you didn’t even know it went higher than the post. That alone gives your take on it zero credibility. Watch the replay tonight and then you can apologize for being a dumb fuck

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:
Well isn’t this interesting. Even Taylor Barton (the guy calling the game for Root) just replied it looks good

Barton: “ 😳 Bro, Seeing it like that is convincing”

https://twitter.com/DRWoodin/status/1051276786405847040

Hard to tell on a still shot like this as you don’t know where in flight the ball is at this point.

A video or gif would be helpful.

This is pointless as arguing with people watching on tv over those who were right in the area never get anywhere. As you pointed out, still pics don’t tell the story. The ball came in left to right. I could clearly see it passing in front of the left upright opposed to the ball “disappearing” behind the upright had it been good.

It looked like it missed by about a foot or so left before barely coming back a little to the right after it passed the upright.

Not that it matters. It won’t change anyone’s mind and it doesn’t have to. It missed, the refs said it missed, and the game is over. But I understand where griz fans are coming from in light of what they’ve had to endure the last couple weeks.

Except the ball started left from the get go and continued left and was higher than the top of the goal post so one would never be able to see a ball appear or disappear behind said post. Did you even watch this kick?

I mean you can see blatantly in this still pic the ball is already higher (and may still be going upward) than the actual post. Just that fact alone tells me you either didn’t see it at all or you are very confused with what you did see. I watched it live and rewound it and watched it like 7 times immediately after it happened.

There’s a replay tonight on Root. I’ll take video and post here (or anyone else feel free) and you guys can maybe take off the blue and gold glasses and admit the ref may have blown it.
Jesus H! Unless you're standing UNDERNEATH the upright, there's absolutely no way to determine when the ball crossed the plane of the crossbar. So any "proof" you post is going to be meaningless.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
lol. Ya I did. Knew it was wide right away. I’m on the 4th floor in the very last box on that side. That left goal post is literally right in front of our window. It was wide. Celebrated before the ref even called it.

Like I said I won’t try to change your mind. Times are tough for you guys now. If it’s not going well on the field the next best thing is to go after the cats. And I’m fine with that. I just know what I saw live right in front of me. Guess it’s what the ref saw too.

It’s not a cat Griz think even though you f*** sticks try to keep making it that way. It’s a ref crew absolutely blowing a HUGE call, one that affected the game immensely...just like they did once already and got suspended.

If you saw the kick then you know 100 percent it went above the goal post. What you stated earlier clearly showed you didn’t even know it went higher than the post. That alone gives your take on it zero credibility. Watch the replay tonight and then you can apologize for being a dumb f***

:lol:
I have it recorded and watched it a couple times this morning after reading this funny thread. The ball wasn’t always higher than the upright because, well you know....it started on the ground.

I thought the officials were about as bad as usual. From my vantage point the PAT was wide. I guess if the big sky issues a statement saying that was a missed call I’ll have to concede my eyes tricked me. But until then I guess it’s just what I saw live right in front of me versus what you saw from the one angle given on tv.

You seem fired up about this which is ok too. Guess I’m not worked up cause I saw the play and knew it missed. Fuck sticks and all.... :thumb:

grizbrokebacker1 said:
HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
wbtfg said:
Hard to tell on a still shot like this as you don’t know where in flight the ball is at this point.

A video or gif would be helpful.

This is pointless as arguing with people watching on tv over those who were right in the area never get anywhere. As you pointed out, still pics don’t tell the story. The ball came in left to right. I could clearly see it passing in front of the left upright opposed to the ball “disappearing” behind the upright had it been good.

It looked like it missed by about a foot or so left before barely coming back a little to the right after it passed the upright.

Not that it matters. It won’t change anyone’s mind and it doesn’t have to. It missed, the refs said it missed, and the game is over. But I understand where griz fans are coming from in light of what they’ve had to endure the last couple weeks.

Except the ball started left from the get go and continued left and was higher than the top of the goal post so one would never be able to see a ball appear or disappear behind said post. Did you even watch this kick?

I mean you can see blatantly in this still pic the ball is already higher (and may still be going upward) than the actual post. Just that fact alone tells me you either didn’t see it at all or you are very confused with what you did see. I watched it live and rewound it and watched it like 7 times immediately after it happened.

There’s a replay tonight on Root. I’ll take video and post here (or anyone else feel free) and you guys can maybe take off the blue and gold glasses and admit the ref may have blown it.
Jesus H! Unless you're standing UNDERNEATH the upright, there's absolutely no way to determine when the ball crossed the plane of the crossbar. So any "proof" you post is going to be meaningless.

Hooked is just trying to make it look like the Cats really didn't win. Nobody cares what Hooked thinks. The extra point was a miss. The refs got it right The people that were right behind the goal post that had the best view, said it missed. The win is in the books. Time for Hooked to be getting prepared for another tough Saturday when UC Davis comes to town.

Tough Saturday? You mean a complete and total ass beating. Davis is going to absolutely demoralize the griz...in their house. Again. Hooked can then deflect and minimize the Cats to make himself feel numb to the embarassing sting of the inevitable curb stomping that awaits the griz each and every Saturday until this dumpster fire abruptly dies along playoff hopes and any respect the griz were once deserving of. ...ok that was dramatic, but hooked is a grade AAA douche and needs to be knocked down a peg. That being said, the griz will be fine.. eventually. Too much talent not to be, just need to score some dudes on the OLine and the griz troubles will be over. And thanks for the recignition CDA, i know it is tough for you to say as much. Eat a dick hooked.

FlyCastingCat said:
Tough Saturday? You mean a complete and total ass beating. Davis is going to absolutely demoralize the griz...in their house. Again. Hooked can then deflect and minimize the Cats to make himself feel numb to the embarassing sting of the inevitable curb stomping that awaits the griz each and every Saturday until this dumpster fire abruptly dies along playoff hopes and any respect the griz were once deserving of. ...ok that was dramatic, but hooked is a grade AAA douche and needs to be knocked down a peg. That being said, the griz will be fine.. eventually. Too much talent not to be, just need to score some dudes on the OLine and the griz troubles will be over. And thanks for the recignition CDA, i know it is tough for you to say as much. Eat a dick hooked.

You kiss your mother with those lips? And come back here after Weber and Idaho St absolutely abuse you and your new rejuvenated vagina.

Based on last two games, Davis may kill us in our house. Wouldn't surprise me at all. But, you are merely deflecting from the issue that there was a controversial call on that extra point. Why so many of you are over here worried about what's on the Griz board is amusing. Even more so is that all of you and your friends saw that the attempt clearly missed. Remember - a picture is worth a thousand words. That picture says the call was indeed controversial not cut and dried. Nothing at all to do with our games or future games....

grizzpa said:
Based on last two games, Davis may kill us in our house. Wouldn't surprise me at all. But, you are merely deflecting from the issue that there was a controversial call on that extra point. Why so many of you are over here worried about what's on the Griz board is amusing. Even more so is that all of you and your friends saw that the attempt clearly missed. Remember - a picture is worth a thousand words. That picture says the call was indeed controversial not cut and dried. Nothing at all to do with our games or future games....
Hey, I’ll agree with you there. It was very close. I’m just saying from where I was, which happens to be right in front of my seats in this case, I thought it was a miss all the way.

grizzpa said:

That picture doesn't prove anything. I know you guys are griz fans, but you do understand the concept of depth when looking at a 2 dimensional picture, correct? The bigger question would be, what could POSSIBLY be the motivation for a referee that is standing directly below the goal post, looking up when the ball passes over, to lie about whether the kick was good or not? SMH

I cannot tell which is dumber - Griz fans worried about a call in a Cat game, something they are clearly biased about, or Cat fans worried about what Griz fans think about a call in a Cat game, something they also are clearly biased about.

Not saying the ref was motivated to make the call one way or another. I'm thinking (as so many of you have stated previously) the dude and his team were incompetent.
Obviously, it was a close call - could have gone either way. That's what makes it controversial.

Silenoz said:
I cannot tell which is dumber - Griz fans worried about a call in a Cat game, something they are clearly biased about, or Cat fans worried about what Griz fans think about a call in a Cat game, something they also are clearly biased about.

The first one..... ;)

Silenoz said:

Both equally dumb!

Back