• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eagles and Cats.....

bigsky33 said:
AZGrizFan said:
DriscollCat said:
HookedonGriz said:
I know it’s hard for you but don’t be dumb. There’s no better view than a slow mo replay on TV where it looked good for sure....to where even the Root announcers say it looked good and were wondering about an appeal.

No, there is no better view than directly below the upright.

So you were the ref under the upright?

Lol, the Idaho coaches didn’t dispute it at all. Like I said , I was right there behind the goal posts and it clearly missed. I know you guys hate that we won but we did. Your trying to minimize our win due to the Griz beat down today is not going to work. The Griz will have all they can handle with Idaho.

Except for the fact Petrino and his staff were going crazy about it on the sideline. Petrino was screaming about it for a long time. Are you seriously a couple sandwiches short of a picnic. Iv never seen a poster say things so completely opposite of reality as often as you do here.

We sit in the opposite end zone and have a great vantage point. Everyone in our section was cheering the miss even before the official signaled no good. If it was a bad call, that’s a pretty easy review.

All that said, that officiating crew was really bad.

AZGrizFan said:
DriscollCat said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
I was right there and saw it very clearly miss.

I know it’s hard for you but don’t be dumb. There’s no better view than a slow mo replay on TV where it looked good for sure....to where even the Root announcers say it looked good and were wondering about an appeal.

No, there is no better view than directly below the upright.

So you were the ref under the upright?

No, I wasn’t. But I also don’t claim to have a better view than the guy who made the call from the one position which difinitively has the best view.

There was a Vandal field goal (or PAT, at the moment I don’t remember) which looked wide right, at my end of the stadium, but the ref called it good, so I assumed that it was good.

Look my original post said it was a controversial call. There is no disputing that. When the root announcers are questioning it that makes it controversial. When Petrino and the Idaho players are freaking out about it that makes it controversial. When your own cats fans on your gameday thread are saying the PAT was good that makes it controversial.

HookedonGriz said:
Look my original post said it was a controversial call. There is no disputing that. When the root announcers are questioning it that makes it controversial. When Petrino and the Idaho players are freaking out about it that makes it controversial. When your own cats fans on your gameday thread are saying the PAT was good that makes it controversial.

Also, I just saw the post game interview and Petrino said he was asking the ref about roughing the kicker. He thought an MSU guy hit the kicker when going for he block. Petrino didn’t say anything about the kick being good.

HookedonGriz said:

Who gives a rats ass that you or anyone else thinks the call was controversial. The guy missed it and the Cats won. There were a lot of bad calls in that game by those refs but that was not one of them. Like I said, I was right behind it and had a totally clear view and it missed. People around me, we all knew that it missed before the ref even called it.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Who gives a rats ass that you or anyone else thinks the call was controversial. The guy missed it and the Cats won. There were a lot of bad calls in that game by those refs but that was not one of them. Like I said, I was right behind it and had a totally clear view and it missed. People around me, we all knew that it missed before the ref even called it.

It was close, but on the teevee I thought it was wide.

It was. Our box is right in that end zone with a perfect view. I was yelling that it was wide before the refs even motioned. This is actually funny.

HookedonGriz said:
Very controversial call in Cats game by the ref crew who was suspended a couple weeks ago. Idaho kicks a PAT that looks absolutely good to everyone except the ref under the post who calls it no good. Even the announcers said it looked good. Cost Idaho at least OT

Announcers and Petrino don't have the vantage point the ref under the upright has. It was fun watching Baby Bobby whine about it though. Guy hasn't changed since high school. I thought Idaho was supposed to dominate this conference?

grizbrokebacker1 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Very controversial call in Cats game by the ref crew who was suspended a couple weeks ago. Idaho kicks a PAT that looks absolutely good to everyone except the ref under the post who calls it no good. Even the announcers said it looked good. Cost Idaho at least OT

Announcers and Petrino don't have the vantage point the ref under the upright has. It was fun watching Baby Bobby whine about it though. Guy hasn't changed since high school. I thought Idaho was supposed to dominate this conference?

Paul, not Bobby

I just want to reiterate my congrats to the Cats for beating the spuds. I know it means a lot coming from me. Nice win, gents.

Well isn’t this interesting. Even Taylor Barton (the guy calling the game for Root) just replied it looks good

Barton: “ 😳 Bro, Seeing it like that is convincing”

https://twitter.com/DRWoodin/status/1051276786405847040

This can't be right! The 90 catfans posting on egriz and that all sit with the perfect view of it - swear it missed..

grizzpa said:
This can't be right! The 90 catfans posting on egriz and that all sit with the perfect view of it - swear it missed..

No doubt....they seemed to have gone quiet. Will be interesting to see if that crew gets in trouble again for another botched call once Idaho submits the tape.

Maybe went back to their own board praying this picture doesn't show up. That way they can continue to swear it missed. I'm guessing a few of these eye witnesses hadn't yet returned from halftime....

HookedonGriz said:
Well isn’t this interesting. Even Taylor Barton (the guy calling the game for Root) just replied it looks good

Hard to tell on a still shot like this as you don’t know where in flight the ball is at this point.

A video or gif would be helpful.

That said, if it was good, nothing can be done now except for suspend that crew. Which I think would be good for everyone in the league.

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:

Hard to tell on a still shot like this as you don’t know where in flight the ball is at this point.

This is pointless as arguing with people watching on tv over those who were right in the area never get anywhere. As you pointed out, still pics don’t tell the story. The ball came in left to right. I could clearly see it passing in front of the left upright opposed to the ball “disappearing” behind the upright had it been good.

It looked like it missed by about a foot or so left before barely coming back a little to the right after it passed the upright.

Not that it matters. It won’t change anyone’s mind and it doesn’t have to. It missed, the refs said it missed, and the game is over. But I understand where griz fans are coming from in light of what they’ve had to endure the last couple weeks.

wbtfg said:
grizbrokebacker1 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Paul, not Bobby

If they cant dominate the sunbelt they will not dominate the big sky :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:

This is pointless as arguing with people watching on tv over those who were right in the area never get anywhere. As you pointed out, still pics don’t tell the story. The ball came in left to right. I could clearly see it passing in front of the left upright opposed to the ball “disappearing” behind the upright had it been good.

It looked like it missed by about a foot or so left before barely coming back a little to the right after it passed the upright.

Not that it matters. It won’t change anyone’s mind and it doesn’t have to. It missed, the refs said it missed, and the game is over. But I understand where griz fans are coming from in light of what they’ve had to endure the last couple weeks.

Except the ball started left from the get go and continued left and was higher than the top of the goal post so one would never be able to see a ball appear or disappear behind said post. Did you even watch this kick?

I mean you can see blatantly in this still pic the ball is already higher (and may still be going upward) than the actual post. Just that fact alone tells me you either didn’t see it at all or you are very confused with what you did see. I watched it live and rewound it and watched it like 7 times immediately after it happened.

There’s a replay tonight on Root. I’ll take video and post here (or anyone else feel free) and you guys can maybe take off the blue and gold glasses and admit the ref may have blown it.

lol. Ya I did. Knew it was wide right away. I’m on the 4th floor in the very last box on that side. That left goal post is literally right in front of our window. It was wide. Celebrated before the ref even called it.

Like I said I won’t try to change your mind. Times are tough for you guys now. If it’s not going well on the field the next best thing is to go after the cats. And I’m fine with that. I just know what I saw live right in front of me. Guess it’s what the ref saw too.

Back