• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante olson

Htowngriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
StumptownGriz said:
Dante's official measurements :thumb:

Montana ILB Dante Olson

Height: 6-2 3/8
Weight: 237
Hand: 9 1/8
Arm: 32 3/8
Wingspan: 76 3/8

His hands are to small.
*too
And here I thought Minnesota was a good school.

Sad thing is, I graduated with a Communications and Journalism degree... I was told to go into radio at a very early stage in college because "Your writing and spelling are just the worst" (also because of how my face looks).... Fun Fact, one of my roommates dated one of the Dahm triplets for about a month... The other two showed up to the house one morning, and were VERY angry about her still being there. They wouldn't even sit down and play NHL 95 with us...

PlayerRep said:
Did he shrink a bit? Seems to happen at the Combines.

i think a lot of guys who go to the combine train specifically for the non-football drills, i.e. the 40 yard dash, and as part of that lose weight to be able to run faster. the nfl seems to value speed and agility testing results more highly than strength and weight, since the latter are easier for individuals to make gains.

SACCAT66 said:
StumptownGriz said:

Montana ILB Dante Olson

His hands are to small.

Spot on. Hopefully, he can make some gains in that department. 9 7/8 would go a long way to improve draft status. We shall see if he puts in the work required.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
StumptownGriz said:

Montana ILB Dante Olson

His hands are to small.

Spot on. Hopefully, he can make some gains in that department. 9 7/8 would go a long way to improve draft status. We shall see if he puts in the work required.

There's a much easier way.

maxresdefault.jpg

Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
StumptownGriz said:

Montana ILB Dante Olson

His hands are to small.

There's a much easier way.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like it. Too big to fail.

'68griz said:
fanofzoo said:
What happens in the mental part when he is smarter than the guy asking the questions.
:clap:

this is a valid point...all these guys can play....if it is even close to being even, I would bet they take the player that can absorb the needed information to be successful in the nfl......4.0 student a huge advantage imo..

SACCAT66 said:
dayday said:
PTGrizzly said:
15 reps on the bench today.

Should be right about average for linebackers. Which isn’t bad at all.

I think there were about 3 guys that did less so far. But I think agility and speed is where he will move up.
Unfortunately, of the 27 linebackers who bench pressed at the combine, Olson's mark scores towards the bottom. Seventeen other linebackers did not perform the bench press, presumably a couple of which would have scored lower, but at least a few would have scored higher.

Thirty reps was the high score among linebackers, with a low of 13 only 2 behind Olson (and 2 other players). The median score was 18, with a mean of 18.96, and a mid range of 21.5, showing Olson performed below average in this test. Hopefully he performs well in others (although most criticisms I've read pertain to his speed), and he improves his bench test at the school pro day.

He also played a position that strength was a secondary factor to speed and agility vs. a position that speed and strength are considered equally...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/03/nfl-combine-2019-results-linebacker-40-yard-dash-times-including-lsus-devin-white-michigans-devin-bush-and-more.html%3FoutputType%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwjepbH72ffnAhVBaq0KHfIjDe4QFjAMegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2Jh2-TgnGeBTrFKCouuxjW&ampcf=1
Just an idea what last year's linebackers ran.

Back