• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Creighton

Kelby Kramer got some buzz this offseason as a guy that had improved a lot but he still has a long way to go and unfortunately the Akoh injury has forced him and Anderson to play a bigger role than they're ready for right now.

Creighton up 42-38. Griz in all sorts of foul trouble but are doing just enough to keep hanging around. Need someone other than Pridgett to hit shots. Be interesting to see if Oguine starts taking it to the rack more.

I thought Kramer actually had some productive minutes so far. Certainly not polished, but not making a fool of himself either.

Mack is smaller but far ahead of Kramer in athleticism and readiness. Not sure Mack will be ready next year but we can hope. Maybe need a transfer to be honest. Kelby is 2-3 years away in my opinion. The foot speed and agility is in need of significant development. Those deficiencies are really difficult to overcome.

cmtgrizzly said:
Mack is smaller but far ahead of Kramer in athleticism and readiness. Not sure Mack will be ready next year but we can hope. Maybe need a transfer to be honest. Kelby is 2-3 years away in my opinion. The foot speed and agility is in need of significant development. Those deficiencies are really difficult to overcome.

Pretty much agree on all counts. I do feel pretty good about Anderson's readiness for next year though. I don't think he's a star or anything next year but I'd guess you can feel pretty good about him as the 4th or 5th best guy on the floor as a sophomore so it's more a matter of some of the guards and wings replacing Rorie and Oguine (which will obviously be a big downgrade).

Gotta go. Damn hope we can figure it out in the second half. On the bright side Creighton shot lights out and we are only down 9. Also Rorie and Oguine have more to contribute. They can do it! Lets go! Also gotta make FTs.

Griz1 said:
Griz down 9 at the half and 50% from the free throw line.

I'll also add that Creighton is shooting 70% from the floor. Gotta hit freebies and get some one other than Pridgett hitting shots. Not too bad considering the foul trouble and not having Akoh or Falls.

Creighton has sure taken good shots. They always are squared up with their shoulders and always have their feet under them on their shots. We need to get into the shooter more but it is hard when you are in foul trouble.

Latest posts

Back