• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats to Cats, but How Bad Were Those Refs?

I agree with all of pr’s post but I also agree that had Sneed and Eastwood not coughed up the ball at critical times we would have won this game. The no call on the late hit out of bounds was inexcusable by any standard.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
dupuyer griz said:
I didn’t read any of this, I just wanted to say quit making f***[*] excuses

PR didn’t make any excuses....just stating that the refs “likely” caused a 21 point swing in a 4-point game. That’s all. Not excuses for the loss, bro.

So, do you support all the calls by the refs? Mr. No Balls.

Whether I do or not is irrelevant. I’m just enjoying watching you trying to play the semantics game about a “likely” point swing without calling them excuses for losing.

Actually, what you are doing to goofing up a thread topic that could have had a nice discussion.

I now realize one of the problems. Virtually none of you were at the game, so you didn't see some of those plays. I think it's funny when some people try to pontificate on aspects of the game, when they weren't even there.

Virtually every Griz fan in the stadium was talking about the missed calls at halftime, during the second half, and after the game.

bigkid said:
I agree with all of pr’s post but I also agree that had Sneed and Eastwood not coughed up the ball at critical times we would have won this game. The no call on the late hit out of bounds was inexcusable by any standard.

I don't "blame" the loss on anything or anyone, but I agree that UM would have won the game had it not had the Sneed fumble and probably would have won without the Eastwood fumble.

PlayerRep said:
Great win for Cats. Played hard. Never gave up. Made some key plays. Anderson is very good and a gamer.

But, the refs were just horrible. I have never seen a game with so many blatant penalties that weren't called. Most of which had a huge impact on the game and its outcome.

The hit on our receiver who was 4 steps out of bounds, without the ball, and knocked flying. Sorry, that's a late hit 100% of the time. UM had to punt, and Cats then scored a TD.

The missed pass interference on the slant in front of the UM bench. Blatant. 3d down. How could some ref not have seen that? The defender hit our receiver well before the pass arrived. UM had to punt. Cats then scored another TD.

The non-call after the Cat took off and threw down his helmet. Every ref on the field had to have seen that. That's a penalty. Griz should have had a first down. And would likely have scored.

A missed holding against the UM corner in front of Cat bench, when he hold was clearly able to be seen as the defender tried to pull away. Missed calls like this happen, but it was obvious.

The late called timeout on the play before Eastwood fumbled. I call BS on that late call. No one on the field, including the 2 side judges who signaled a TD for Eastwood, knew there had been a TO. At least, the side judge on Cat side of the field should have known or heard a while. That play was very deflating too, as the Griz team celebrated the TD and their win, only to have to undue their excitement and run another play.

This team of refs should be permanently suspended from reffing in the Big Sky.

Haha... blaming the refs. Classic.

grizbrokebacker1 said:
PlayerRep said:
Great win for Cats. Played hard. Never gave up. Made some key plays. Anderson is very good and a gamer.

But, the refs were just horrible. I have never seen a game with so many blatant penalties that weren't called. Most of which had a huge impact on the game and its outcome.

The hit on our receiver who was 4 steps out of bounds, without the ball, and knocked flying. Sorry, that's a late hit 100% of the time. UM had to punt, and Cats then scored a TD.

The missed pass interference on the slant in front of the UM bench. Blatant. 3d down. How could some ref not have seen that? The defender hit our receiver well before the pass arrived. UM had to punt. Cats then scored another TD.

The non-call after the Cat took off and threw down his helmet. Every ref on the field had to have seen that. That's a penalty. Griz should have had a first down. And would likely have scored.

A missed holding against the UM corner in front of Cat bench, when he hold was clearly able to be seen as the defender tried to pull away. Missed calls like this happen, but it was obvious.

The late called timeout on the play before Eastwood fumbled. I call BS on that late call. No one on the field, including the 2 side judges who signaled a TD for Eastwood, knew there had been a TO. At least, the side judge on Cat side of the field should have known or heard a while. That play was very deflating too, as the Griz team celebrated the TD and their win, only to have to undue their excitement and run another play.

No kidding

bigsky33 said:
The bad refs on the BIg Sky impact every team. Cannot blame a loss on refs. Sorry

I didn't blame the loss on the refs. It was the fumbles. It was good play by the Cats.

Let's see you comment on non-calls. Blatant out of bounds hit. Helmet taken off and thrown down. No-call on the slant.

Also what's your view on the late call on the TO?

Are you able to make substantive posts, or are you just a troll who doesn't understand the game and never played it?

grizbrokebacker1 said:
PlayerRep said:

Being unable to make a substantive post. Classic.

PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:
The bad refs on the BIg Sky impact every team. Cannot blame a loss on refs. Sorry

I didn't blame the loss on the refs. It was the fumbles. It was good play by the Cats.

Let's see you comment on non-calls. Blatant out of bounds hit. Helmet taken off and thrown down. No-call on the slant.

Are you able to make substantive posts, or are you just a troll who doesn't understand the game and never played it?
Last night, in one of the biggest Calif high school playoff game in Orange County, Centennial High v Mater Dei had the exact same time out scenario. And, I saw South Carolina do the same earlier. Centennial made the TD but the time out was called nano seconds before and they lost the score....this is simply a matter of very, very good coaching and scouting. I did not see the game at UM but from these posts, doesn't Sneed give the plays away when he crouches? Face it, UM was simply outcoached in the 4th Quarter..

The officiating was typical for the Sky, which is to say not good, but we should all be used to it by now. Somehow the game did not record for me so I can't go back and look - Can anyone tell me what happened on the punt return that looked to be a safety but they ruled him down at the one yard line? In real time he appeared to go backwards under his own power (which would negate forward progress) and then was tackled in the end zone. It sure looked like a safety to me so that call was a head scratcher.

What's interesting to me is Choate's quote that he told the line judge that he was going to call a timeout. Yet the line judge came running in signaling a TD. Would love to know what ref stopped the play before the snap. I suspect it must've been someone in the back but haven't watched the game on TV.

PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:

Ahh... now the classic "you never played the game". You're on a roll tonight...

Da Boyz Mom said:
The officiating was typical for the Sky, which is to say not good, but we should all be used to it by now. Somehow the game did not record for me so I can't go back and look - Can anyone tell me what happened on the punt return that looked to be a safety but they ruled him down at the one yard line? In real time he appeared to go backwards under his own power (which would negate forward progress) and then was tackled in the end zone. It sure looked like a safety to me so that call was a head scratcher.

It happened in front of us. But I thought it was the right call. He did run back into the endzone but as he was going down he reached out the ball past the line when he was tackled.

PlayerRep said:

I agree that the late hit out of bounds was beyond inexcusable. That was a terrible (non) call. That is the only blatant call I would point to. To whine about the MSU late Time-Out is just sour grapes. It doesn't matter if all the other refs didn't see the time-out call. if one ref sees it, it is his job to stop the play and call the time-out. All last-second time-outs happen the same way. One ref hears/sees the call and blows the play dead even if the play has already proceded.

Also, the MSu's players helmet came off inadvertantly while celebrating. he did not intentionally rip off his helmet. The ref made him go to the bench for a play because of his helmet coming off, but I believe was called apropriately.

Quit whining! We fumbled on the 1 fricking yard line. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

BigPapa406 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

It happened in front of us. But I thought it was the right call. He did run back into the endzone but as he was going down he reached out the ball past the line when he was tackled.

100% right call. Even Gurnsey agreed in the post-game. Kassis kept the ball outside the End-zone. It only matters where the ball is.

Zirg said:
BigPapa406 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

100% right call. Even Gurnsey agreed in the post-game. Kassis kept the ball outside the End-zone. It only matters where the ball is.

Yeah folks were mad cause he swiped it back. If we had a player there too get a finger on it to challenge then it would be a whole different call and review. But I thought they had the call right.

grizd said:
What's interesting to me is Choate's quote that he told the line judge that he was going to call a timeout. Yet the line judge came running in signaling a TD. Would love to know what ref stopped the play before the snap. I suspect it must've been someone in the back but haven't watched the game on TV.

Watch the line judge again, it's a signal to stop the clock, not a td signal. It's obvious that he was stopping play.

PlayerRep said:

Whiney Bitch.

Back