• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt never lost like this

Ursa Major said:
'68griz said:
Spanky2 said:
68, why are you so negative about Bobby and the future of the team?

I wasn't in favor of his return, so ... I think he's a decent coach, given good players. But, he plays favorites, with both players and coaches, and I think he showed at UNLV that he really couldn't coach in the face of adversity. I think he's an excellent special teams coach, and should have stayed with that.
Great post, 68!
This is exactly right. I was no fan of stitt either and think both of them should be position coaches. We really screwed up when phlugrad was let go.

PlayerRep said:
7-63 against UW.

Giving up 42 points against EWU in 2d half, after being up 25-6.

NDSU, losing 37-6.

Nice job on your history.

How can there be some many dumb posters on egriz?

In exactly ZERO of those games were we ever down 41-0. None. Ever. Nice job on your history.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
7-63 against UW.

NDSU, losing 37-6.

In exactly ZERO of those games were we ever down 41-0. None. Ever. Nice job on your history.

The question wasn't when were Stitt's teams ever down this much; it was Stitt never LOST like this. That means at the end of the game, not earlier in the game. Nice job with your reading and comprehension.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
7-63 against UW.

NDSU, losing 37-6.

The question wasn't when were Stitt's teams ever down this much; it was Stitt never LOST like this. That means at the end of the game, not earlier in the game. Nice job with your reading and comprehension.

"like this" means in a similar fashion, i.e. bumbling and dominated the entire game. yes, that includes the second half. look to time of possession and yardage. your silly 'um won the second half' idiocy aside, und did exactly what they wanted to do - run the ball and control the clock.

So, making a joke about winning the second half is idiocy? I think failing to recognize the humor in it, is the idiocy.

PlayerRep said:
So, making a joke about winning the second half is idiocy? I think failing to recognize the humor in it, is the idiocy.

given your reputation, nobody is going to think it was a joke.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

given your reputation, nobody is going to think it was a joke.

Sure they will. It was clearly a joke, to anyone with a brain.

Fahque said:
RobGriz said:
Ringneck said:
Don't worry. According to one of Bobby's preseason interviews, the Big Sky hasn't gotten any better since he left; the only difference is that Montana is not at the top of the standings anymore. So this will all shake out by the end of November, apparently.

Oddly enough, Bobby also cautioned Griz Nation not to be overly optimistic (because he saw the writing on the wall) about this football team and yet some here expected an 11-0 season and a long playoff run. While the rest of us, that are happy he’s back but realistic (and by realistic I mean ‘understand the game’), expected 6-5 or 7-4. I believe many of us (me) predicted that. Hauck is a man, not a miracle worker. And regardless of who he is he can only fill the hole that’s been dug over the “Engstrom years” one shovel full at a time. Anywho, despite what many of you think, NONE of us has a say in how long or short Hauck’s tenure here will be. So why not sit back, pop open a nice cold beer and stop crying on the Internet about something you have 0 control over.

I don’t think people are upset that we have lost three games, it is the fashion in which we have lost two of those three games.
How was the fashion in which we lost the last two MSU games?

kemajic said:
Fahque said:
RobGriz said:
Ringneck said:
Don't worry. According to one of Bobby's preseason interviews, the Big Sky hasn't gotten any better since he left; the only difference is that Montana is not at the top of the standings anymore. So this will all shake out by the end of November, apparently.

Oddly enough, Bobby also cautioned Griz Nation not to be overly optimistic (because he saw the writing on the wall) about this football team and yet some here expected an 11-0 season and a long playoff run. While the rest of us, that are happy he’s back but realistic (and by realistic I mean ‘understand the game’), expected 6-5 or 7-4. I believe many of us (me) predicted that. Hauck is a man, not a miracle worker. And regardless of who he is he can only fill the hole that’s been dug over the “Engstrom years” one shovel full at a time. Anywho, despite what many of you think, NONE of us has a say in how long or short Hauck’s tenure here will be. So why not sit back, pop open a nice cold beer and stop crying on the Internet about something you have 0 control over.

I don’t think people are upset that we have lost three games, it is the fashion in which we have lost two of those three games.
Pretty shitty. ‘That was supposed to change with Hauck coming back. Otherwise, what’s the point?

Merkleman said:
AZGrizFan said:
Coach said:
Please make one football related post showing Stitt getting take to the wood shed like Hauck was today.

I will wait

Weber State.

Don’t think so. TO’s killed the Griz in the 1st half of that game. 4 -0
They fought like hell to get back in that game. They beat a very good Weber team in every statistical category in that game except obviously the most important the final score.
OMG; the game was already won in the first half. Do you really think Weber went full out in the second half? Look at their play selection. Work the clock; get in the locker room with an easy win without anyone getting hurt. Contain, don't attack on D. The second half was meaningless.

Regarding the TO excuse, that just shows how similar these efforts were.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Fahque said:
RobGriz said:

Pretty shitty. ‘That was supposed to change with Hauck coming back. Otherwise, what’s the point?
You may have to wait for the MSU game this year before it comes to you.

kemajic said:
Fahque said:
RobGriz said:
Ringneck said:

So much worse. We were never in either of those games. At least we had a chance yesterday and played with more grit. People just need to relax and give the man some time. There were a lot of positives to take away from yesterday's game.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Fahque said:

Well, he just got rolled by two teams that Stitt blew out of the building, so not sure what I’m waiting for...

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Well, he just got rolled by two teams that Stitt blew out of the building, so not sure what I’m waiting for...

I'd take two gritty and determined losses over two gritless and fireless wins. Those kids were having the time of their lives out there yesterday. Once Bobby has some time to undo everything Stitt did, you will see some big time changes.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'd take two gritty and determined losses over two gritless and fireless wins. Those kids were having the time of their lives out there yesterday. Once Bobby has some time to undo everything Stitt did, you will see some big time changes.

Et tu, Brute?

CDAGRIZ said:
Ringneck said:

We were going to return to dominance, but we have to be very patient to let Bobby get his guys over the next 9-12 years. Then, we will have swagger.

Constant sarcastic bitchiness is super funny.

At least you're consistent.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Et tu, Brute?

Even me, Jules.

CFallsGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ringneck said:

We were going to return to dominance, but we have to be very patient to let Bobby get his guys over the next 9-12 years. Then, we will have swagger.

Constant sarcastic bitchiness is super funny.

At least you're consistent.

Just give me some time.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Maybe your're waiting for your man Stitt to find a coaching job. No one has been beating a path to his doorstep. Thought you were a little smarter than suggesting the 2017 and 2018 UND teams are the same. Half their team was unable to make the trip in 2017. They have already won more games than last year, this year to include Sam Houston St. in TX. They would have likely beaten anyone in the BSC yesterday. And PSU is not the doormat they were last year. Want to play that game - compare Stitt's record against CPSLO (0-2) vs. our 20 point win in their house this year. Such comparisons are useless; try to find something intelligent to feed your narrative. A lot of football left.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Maybe your're waiting for your man Stitt to find a coaching job. No one has been beating a path to his doorstep. Thought you were a little smarter than suggesting the 2017 and 2018 UND teams are the same. Half their team was unable to make the trip in 2017. They have already won more games than last year, this year to include Sam Houston St. in TX. They would have likely beaten anyone in the BSC yesterday. And PSU is not the doormat they were last year. Want to play that game - compare Stitt's record against CPSLO (0-2) vs. our 20 point win in their house this year. Such comparisons are useless; try to find something intelligent to feed your narrative. A lot of football left.

Like I said yesterday....it’s astounding to me the different trajectories UM and UND are on. And not in a positive way. So again, not sure what I’m waiting for...

Latest posts

Back