• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classy Cats Yank Scholarship

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Maybe this is what happens when you offer 1247 athletes:

https://twitter.com/pschweds/status/1074165929045516288

Article says it has turned the 17 year old’s world upside down. Good publicity for MSU. Wonder if they need to get their trick ass out of Chicago now, too.

HookedonGriz said:
Maybe this is what happens when you offer 1247 athletes:

https://twitter.com/pschweds/status/1074165929045516288

Article says it has turned the 17 year old’s world upside down. Good publicity for MSU. Wonder if they need to get their trick ass out of Chicago now, too.
This stuff happens all the time in the world of recruiting. There is a reason the kid has not received any other Div 1 offers.

St. Rita’s is one of the powerhouses of local HS football in Chicago. They’re already pissed off about a disappointing season, this won’t be received well around the catholic league.

This is all Stitt’s fault.

I don't have an issue with the offer getting pulled, it happens, and it has happened at UM in the not too distant past. The shitty part is how they strung the kid out, ignoring him for weeks, time he could have used to find another school.

grizindabox said:
I don't have an issue with the offer getting pulled, it happens, and it has happened at UM in the not too distant past. The shitty part is how they strung the kid out, ignoring him for weeks, time he could have used to find another school.

Yep.

grizindabox said:
You would have an issue if you were the young man or his parents.

Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:

And this is very different than Hauck and a new staff coming in rescinding an offer from a previous staff. This was Choate and his staff making the offer, getting a commitment, and then backing out and stringing the kid along

Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:

Once again, I am sure they are not happy the offered was pulled, but I am sure the thing that pisses them off the most was how it was done, how no one on that staff had the guts to talk with them for weeks. I am sure the disappointment sucks, but having weeks instead of a couple days during quiet time to reach out to other schools, would have made it not sting as much.

In 21 years as head coach at St. Rita, Kuska estimated that he’s coached about 50 or 60 Division I players. He’s “never once had a school turn down a commitment,” he said.

Oops...

Offers do get pulled, but the fact that they went to radio silence on the kid rather than leveling then is telling.

bgbigdog said:
In 21 years as head coach at St. Rita, Kuska estimated that he’s coached about 50 or 60 Division I players. He’s “never once had a school turn down a commitment,” he said.

Oops...

Offers do get pulled, but the fact that they went to radio silence on the kid rather than leveling then is telling.

No. Choade and company are building a "powerful" program. When you are building such programs this is acceptable. :oops:

this really comes down to offering every one with a pulse imo.....in the end msu holds all the cards and the recruits have nothing....sad !

First of all, this article is only giving one side of the story. The coaches cannot comment. Also, anyone that follows recruiting on a national basis will tell you that his happens all the time. Sometimes kids do not know the offer is pulled until signing day. It also happens the other way around where kids change their mind on signing day. Recruiting is not for the weak.

bigsky33 said:
First of all, this article is only giving one side of the story. The coaches cannot comment. Also, anyone that follows recruiting on a national basis will tell you that his happens all the time. Sometimes kids do not know the offer is pulled until signing day. It also happens the other way around where kids change their mind on signing day. Recruiting is not for the weak.

It happens all the time. Huh. It sure seems to happen a lot to a certain program in the gelatin valley. What are the odds?

Couldn't at all be linked to Otzi's recruiting practices. Nothing to see here.

Trickass mother fuckers.

bigsky33 said:

Judging by what the coach says in the article it doesn’t sound like this happens all the time:

“In 21 years as head coach at St. Rita, Kuska estimated that he’s coached about 50 or 60 Division I players. He’s “never once had a school turn down a commitment,” he said.

Why is this even a Topic?
Didn't Jessie Choake prove he lacks all integrity when it comes to recruiting his 1st year out?

Ursa Major said:
bigsky33 said:

It happens all the time. Huh. It sure seems to happen a lot to a certain program in the gelatin valley. What are the odds?

Trickass mother f***[*].

Ursa, do your research. It happens quite frequently on an national basis. Yes, I know you guys just like to give crap to a rival coach that has your number. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:
bigsky33 said:

Trickass mother f***[*].

Ursa, do your research. It happens quite frequently on an national basis. Yes, I know you guys just like to give crap to a rival coach that has your number. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name three times it's happened without a coaching change, player injury, or other circumstance that changes things. Name just three times where it was: coach offers, player accepts, coach ghosts player for weeks, and coach rescinds the offer leaving player with next to no time to find another school. Go.

The whole operation Choach is running over there is disgusting and lacks all Tegridy.

:lol:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:
bigsky33 said:

Trickass mother f***[*].

Name three times it's happened without a coaching change, player injury, or other circumstance that changes things. Name just three times where it was: coach offers, player accepts, coach ghosts player for weeks, and coach rescinds the offer leaving player with next to no time to find another school. Go.

The whole operation Choach is running over there is disgusting and lacks all Tegridy.
[/quote

:roll: :roll: We wouldn't expect a Griz fan to think any different than you CDA about a rival Coach that has your number. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
:lol:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:

Trickass mother f***[*].

:roll: :roll: We wouldn't expect a Griz fan to think any different than you CDA about a rival Coach that has your number. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, you can't name three times this "quite frequent" thing has happened this way? Sounds like Choach has a lot of people's numbers. He just blocks them and weasel's out of commitments.

Latest posts

Back