• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Klieman

kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Wonder who the bison get next?

Teh Bison will likely hire from within or at least hire a coach that has the same offensive and defensive philosophy they have used for years.
The Griz could learn from this and decide what kind of football to play and stick with it. Pflugrad took a hard right turn from Coach Hauck. Delaney righted the ship for three years and the Haslam hires Stitt because he "heard you have a good offense." That offense was as hard of left turn as you coule introduce to the players at the time.
Haslam needs to be watched very closely since he may be in over his head. He could be the athletic departments equivalent to Royce Engstrom.
Hiring Stitt is the only mistake I've seen Haslam make. Comparing him to Engstrom expsoses very poor knowledge about both men.

Letting Mick stay for three years was a mistake too.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Teh Bison will likely hire from within or at least hire a coach that has the same offensive and defensive philosophy they have used for years.
The Griz could learn from this and decide what kind of football to play and stick with it. Pflugrad took a hard right turn from Coach Hauck. Delaney righted the ship for three years and the Haslam hires Stitt because he "heard you have a good offense." That offense was as hard of left turn as you coule introduce to the players at the time.
Haslam needs to be watched very closely since he may be in over his head. He could be the athletic departments equivalent to Royce Engstrom.
Hiring Stitt is the only mistake I've seen Haslam make. Comparing him to Engstrom expsoses very poor knowledge about both men.

Why? No. 12 in nation his last year. No. 8 in nation his 2d to last year. Playoffs both years. Wins over Cats both yeas. What's not to like about that, except Hauck did better. Please explain your comment.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Mick did a good job, regarding the circumstances. Wish he would have recruited more OL is my only gripe, but had limited schollys.

kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Not so sure given the women's basketball team and their performance. I will say he has had pretty solid hires in other sports - except for the that weird soccer coach issue (which I don't blame Haslam for)

Copper Griz said:
kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Not so sure given the women's basketball team and their performance. I will say he has had pretty solid hires in other sports - except for the that weird soccer coach issue (which I don't blame Haslam for)

Have you paid attention to the Lady basketball team outside of their record the last two years? Started each season losing two of their best players to season ending injuries and then losing their most promising freshman in Stiles to an ACL as well mid-way through the season. I think the struggles they've had have been understandable. They have some nice young talent.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

The third year may have been a mistake, but I think that was a deal Mick struck with Engstrom to come back. It made a big difference in his retirement. Recall Haslam was made AD at the same time Mick was made HC.

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Any truth to the Twitter rumors that Entz plans to transition to an air raid approach on offense?

Entz. It rhymes with Wentz.

True. Based on this rhyme, Entz might just be hurt all the time and unable to win on the main stage.

RayWill said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Any truth to the Twitter rumors that Entz plans to transition to an air raid approach on offense?

I read somewhere but can't find it now where he told a paper he plans to make no changes to offensive or defensive play style and no substantive changes to the formula NDSU has used to success.

Being able to do this is underrated, the immense dividends it pays over the years is phenomenal. A great example of this was recently written about in the Dallas Morning news in regards to Allen High and its football program.

For those of you who dont know, Allen is the high school in the northern Dallas suburb that built that 80 million dollar football stadium, Its nicer then Montana States stadium...Im not joking or being sarcastic.

Anyhow, they have won 4 state titles in football since 2012 in Texas's highest division and are consistently the top 1-3 teams in the nation. Theyre currently #1. They produce unreal talent and send half their team to Div1 power programs every year.

The article was describing how Allen, chose not to build another high school in the school district and because of this players as young as 6th-7th grade in middle schools around Allen start running the same plays, and using the same terminology that they will eventually use once they get into high school. It never changes, and because of that, Allen is the most dominant high school football program in the country.

NDSU has been able to essentially do the same thing due to continuity for what the last 20 years?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
RayWill said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I read somewhere but can't find it now where he told a paper he plans to make no changes to offensive or defensive play style and no substantive changes to the formula NDSU has used to success.

Being able to do this is underrated, the immense dividends it pays over the years is phenomenal. A great example of this was recently written about in the Dallas Morning news in regards to Allen High and its football program.

For those of you who dont know, Allen is the high school in the northern Dallas suburb that built that 80 million dollar football stadium, Its nicer then Montana States stadium...Im not joking or being sarcastic.

Anyhow, they have won 4 state titles in football since 2012 in Texas's highest division and are consistently the top 1-3 teams in the nation. Theyre currently #1. They produce unreal talent and send half their team to Div1 power programs every year.

The article was describing how Allen, chose not to build another high school in the school district and because of this players as young as 6th-7th grade in middle schools around Allen start running the same plays, and using the same terminology that they will eventually use once they get into high school. It never changes, and because of that, Allen is the most dominant high school football program in the country.

NDSU has been able to essentially do the same thing due to continuity for what the last 20 years?

I disagree.
-Mater Dei

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Entz. It rhymes with Wentz.

True. Based on this rhyme, Entz might just be hurt all the time and unable to win on the main stage.

Seriously. "Broken back?" Ditka played through worse.

CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
RayWill said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I disagree.
-Mater Dei

I'd take Allen's best team over MD's best in the last 5 or 6 years. But, both are clearly elite.

BadlandsGrizFan said:

That's honestly not unique in Texas. Happens here in San Antonio as well. The middle schools run the same offense that the HS uses...not sure why Allen is more successful at it than most, but they certainly are. They've reached that tipping point where people move to Allen specifically if their kid is really good at FB and just commute to wherever they work.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
RayWill said:

I disagree.
-Mater Dei

I'd take Allen's best team over MD's best in the last 5 or 6 years. But, both are clearly elite.

I'd take the opposite, but, I agree both are elite.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I disagree.
-Mater Dei

Can you make it happen? I will buy a suite to watch!

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I disagree.
-Mater Dei

I'm going to hold you to that. All I have to do is infiltrate the Mater Dei network (should be easy, as they have no USC ties), and then get Albert on board with it. Doubtless, they will play the game.

AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

That's honestly not unique in Texas. Happens here in San Antonio as well. The middle schools run the same offense that the HS uses...not sure why Allen is more successful at it than most, but they certainly are. They've reached that tipping point where people move to Allen specifically if their kid is really good at FB and just commute to wherever they work.

This was the case in all the dominate high school programs I worked for and coached against when I worked in Georgia. In fact, we always took our teams to the same college camps in the summer and those kids got offers as young as their sophomore year in high school. Now some schools are even offering the middle school kids that feed the good high school programs as a few of those middle school programs have great coaches and facilities.

kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

O Day was fired for his association with Pflugrad. Haslam hired Stitt and the program suffered especially in a drop in attendance. Football is the flagship Griz program and to turn it inside out as Haslam did is caused for close monitoring on his performance. Kent has a reputation of being "progressive" and his first choice in Stitt did not work out.
I am sorry you think I insulted Royce in my comparison.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I disagree.
-Mater Dei

Watched Duncanville beat Allen 45-36 this saturday...it was an unreal good game. Duncanvilles QB was unreal. So much talent on that field.

Back