• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chris Klieman

AllWeatherFan said:
Hard to believe, I know, but many K-State fans are PISSED that K-State would stoop so low to offer Klieman, a mere D2 coach, lol.

Makes you wonder why, since their athletic director came from UNDSU...

Even more funny is he is the head coach of the “D2” program that beat them a few years ago and was probably on staff at the time.

Waiting for the conversation to start about how this will effect NDSU in the years to come. Will there finally be a 8-3 year for them? You know, a bad season.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Waiting for the conversation to start about how this will effect NDSU in the years to come. Will there finally be a 8-3 year for them? You know, a bad season.

Here's hoping. Gotta get some breathing room into the FCS.

Think this will be an interesting situation. KSU is notoriously a difficult school to recruit top players. Snyder was successful and somewhat underrated for his coaching during the 2000's but his return was not as successful. I am interested to see what adjustments Klieman makes to his scheme's in the wide open Big 12. The talent gap between the top five schools is obvious on offense. Can he develop a consistent winner or will it be the occasional upset and butt-whipping the following week that has been the norm over the past few years in Manhattan.

IdahoGrizFan said:

I think it will depend on which assistants he takes with him. I think a lot of people thought when Bohl left that they would come back to Earth, but they never missed a beat with Klieman. It also sounds like a lot of players graduating.

dirtysoup said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

I think it will depend on which assistants he takes with him. I think a lot of people thought when Bohl left that they would come back to Earth, but they never missed a beat with Klieman. It also sounds like a lot of players graduating.
They will most likely be fine. Earle Solomonson coached that team/program to a NC.

Klieman better be prepared to have Bill Snyder continually looking over his shoulder. The septuagenarian Snyder whose family name is on the stadium has stepped in before to takeover the reins from a coach who didn't live up to his standards. No coach in the country is under closer day to day scrutiny. It's like the kid who takes over running the restaurant from his old man only to find out he can't keep the geezer out of the kitchen.

Silvertip said:
Klieman better be prepared to have Bill Snyder continually looking over his shoulder. The septuagenarian Snyder whose family name is on the stadium has stepped in before to takeover the reins from a coach who didn't live up to his standards. No coach in the country is under closer day to day scrutiny. It's like the kid who takes over running the restaurant from his old man only to find out he can't keep the geezer out of the kitchen.
A valid observation, with one big difference: Synder was only(!?) 70 years old when he stepped back in before. He's now 79. He may well kibitz (bitch) from the background, but I think the likelihood that he would step in again is pretty low.

Of course, he will certainly be in a position to make "suggestions" to the AD. That's what Klieman will have to worry about.

grizpack said:
Football scoop has them looking at 1 current assistant (DC), and 2 former assistants.

Matt Entz (defensive coordinator) is being named head coach.

Preliminary reports sound like a good chunk of the assistants are staying with a few former assistants and players coming back on staff.

Entz is a badass and one hell of a coordinator. Appears to be a great hire.

2011BisonAlumni said:
grizpack said:
Football scoop has them looking at 1 current assistant (DC), and 2 former assistants.

Matt Entz (defensive coordinator) is being named head coach.

Preliminary reports sound like a good chunk of the assistants are staying with a few former assistants and players coming back on staff.

Entz is a badass and one hell of a coordinator. Appears to be a great hire.

Of course it is. F**king Bizon always make "great hires" promoting from within. 20 years of them.

Any truth to the Twitter rumors that Entz plans to transition to an air raid approach on offense?

CDAGRIZ said:
Any truth to the Twitter rumors that Entz plans to transition to an air raid approach on offense?

I read somewhere but can't find it now where he told a paper he plans to make no changes to offensive or defensive play style and no substantive changes to the formula NDSU has used to success.

CDAGRIZ said:

Inside sources have been advocating for that ever since they discovered they could only manage a power running game. I’m also told they’re considering an “all blitzing - all the time” defense. They have feelers out to see if they can locate Semore & gauge his interest in extra gravy.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Wonder who the bison get next?

Teh Bison will likely hire from within or at least hire a coach that has the same offensive and defensive philosophy they have used for years.
The Griz could learn from this and decide what kind of football to play and stick with it. Pflugrad took a hard right turn from Coach Hauck. Delaney righted the ship for three years and the Haslam hires Stitt because he "heard you have a good offense." That offense was as hard of left turn as you coule introduce to the players at the time.
Haslam needs to be watched very closely since he may be in over his head. He could be the athletic departments equivalent to Royce Engstrom.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Teh Bison will likely hire from within or at least hire a coach that has the same offensive and defensive philosophy they have used for years.
The Griz could learn from this and decide what kind of football to play and stick with it. Pflugrad took a hard right turn from Coach Hauck. Delaney righted the ship for three years and the Haslam hires Stitt because he "heard you have a good offense." That offense was as hard of left turn as you coule introduce to the players at the time.
Haslam needs to be watched very closely since he may be in over his head. He could be the athletic departments equivalent to Royce Engstrom.
Already announced DC Matt Entz is the new HC at NDSU

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

It will be interesting. I could see them going with an outside hire to breathe some fresh air into the program. I've heard some chatter about boosters wanting more of an air attack. We shall see.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Hiring Stitt is the only mistake I've seen Haslam make. Comparing him to Engstrom expsoses very poor knowledge about both men.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:

Well, the Caddy will get back on track because, although two wrongs won’t make one right, three lefts will

Back