• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL Championship game vs the kitties

-Congrats to the Cats
-This is the most embarrassing loss I remember seeing, although recency bias is real.
-I wish the seniors the best. Griz for Life.
-Next season starts tomorrow, obviously tweaks need to be made, the drought is getting long

- Griz will play in the CBI so there will be more basketball. Go Griz!

This guy has made posts on numerous other message boards with the same username (google him). He’s a troll, don’t feed him.

[DELETED BY MODS]
Yeah I don't care about the basketball, really, I just like the griz. I don't care about moral high ground, you don't why should I. I don't care about knowing that you did it, but boy, I just hope that one of these messages gets through you're very clearly trauma ridden brain that the only sweet release from all this hatred that you seem so married to is to end it all. So yeah, please, and I'm saying this for the last time because I'm going to bed an not gonna keep talking to a fake troll account, but please, make tonight the last night you see. You don't need another morning, the sun only will continue to bring the reminder of how bad your life is. Just end it. It will be the best thing you've ever done

Last edited by a moderator:
Utter embarrassment. Coaching. Players SUCK SUCK SUCK. No offense no defense. No heart. Vazquez should have stayed home.
Easy, Chachi. Players played hard. Sh ! T went south. I won’t question their heart. Second half wasn’t their time. It sucks, but the other team out played them in the 2nd. Bummer.

-Congrats to the Cats
-This is the most embarrassing loss I remember seeing, although recency bias is real.
-I wish the seniors the best. Griz for Life.
-Next season starts tomorrow, obviously tweaks need to be made, the drought is getting long

- Griz will play in the CBI so there will be more basketball. Go Griz!
It’s not the most embarrassing loss, it’s just the most visible recently. The PSU a$$-kicking earlier this year was way more embarrassing.

It will end up with a huge dose of irony. The cats will lose to a 1 seed by 40. Mark it.
Yeah, they might lose big to a high seed.
But, really? Come on man.
You act like the Griz didn't want to win the Championship. Bobcats showed heart and effort and grabbed the championship. Deal with it.

PM me your phone number, name, and address, or you're a coward!
Why would I do that? So you can doxx me, right? I will happily, HAPPILY, meet you in M town at a place of your choosing, and watch you piss yourself when you see me. I believe that you are a small man. Probably physically, as well as emotionally/psychologically. I know you are. No man that is true to himself posts the tripe that you have tonight, and can look in the mirror.

I’m a bit conflicted; I want to make you eat the sh!t that you deserve to eat, but I also want to try to forgive you for being born so stupid. Bc, clearly, you were not born with a full set of faculties that the rest of us were. I’m one of the rare people who are men who can at once pity you, and also want to seek you out to kick the shit out of you bc you’ve earned it.

But I no longer have any sympathy for your condition, nor any patience for you trying to pigeon-hole non-liberal people as complete douchebags. I’m drawing a line in the sand here, and I want to start w you. I want others to know that, conservative or liberal, we all have lines we do not cross. You cross those lines quite easily and willfully, and you are what is wrong w this country presently.

Long story short: you are at once an asshole and an idiot. Do not attempt to put the rest of the honorable, Conservative people in your corner. We despise you.

Guys, just stop responding to MJoseph’s posts. The original posts have been deleted. He’s a troll and doesn’t need anymore oxygen. Yes it’s offensive but Mods are taking care of it. Just cool it, avoid pistols at dawn take a deep breath or we’ll lock the thread.

There is plenty to discuss game wise.

Well that’s probably one of the most embarrassing Griz Basketball losses I’ve ever seen. I hate to throw anyone under the bus but this whole collapse started early in the second half when Decuire took Oke out of the game and put Nap in. I think Nap is a good player, but he has not had a good tournament. He’s had a lot of unforced errors and tonight and he tried to dribble into the paint despite the fact that his ball handling isn’t the best, that led to the TO that gave the cats the lead. Then on the next trip down the floor, Moody with the frustration technical foul, and that was really the beginning of the end. Decuire should’ve never taken Oke out of the game there. He was killing them down low on both ends of the floor. After that, they built a lead and we panicked.

Decuire could’ve answered a lot of questions tonight and silenced the doubters, and now I think he’s gonna have to answer some big questions this offseason. With all 5 starters going out the door, where do we go from here? The cats just proved you can completely re-build a team in 1 year. Can the Griz? I seriously have my doubts
Nap proved in this game what I already knew. He is not a Div. I talent. Every time he came into the game last night, the Griz lost ground on the scoreboard. The few times he touched the ball, it was either a turnover, or his eyes looked like a deer in the headlights as he tried desperately to find any teammate to get rid of the ball to. His total lack of confidence and BB acumen is obvious.

As far as next season goes, if Travis doesn't hit a home run with three new portal players, we will finish in the bottom half of the conference. Mark it down.

Ok everyone, I got that account banned and all posts deleted.

FYI,

EVERY TIME you quote the nasty posts, you are literally doubling their message and helping spread their message and making it MUCH harder for us to clean up. We can quickly ban and delete a certain user and their posts but when you quote their posts, that becomes content of YOUR post and we have to individually edit each and every one of your posts to remove the quoted content.

Please help STOP the crap and not quote the bad content. You can direct a message towards that user if you want to reply but don't include their content.

Thanks

Ok everyone, I got that account banned and all posts deleted.

FYI,

EVERY TIME you quote the nasty posts, you are literally doubling their message and helping spread their message and making it MUCH harder for us to clean up. We can quickly ban and delete a certain user and their posts but when you quote their posts, that becomes content of YOUR post and we have to individually edit each and every one of your posts to remove the quoted content.

Please help STOP the crap and not quote the bad content. You can direct a message towards that user if you want to reply but don't include their content.

Thanks
Good point. I think we all just get so used to using the quote feature (which is important to know who is responding to whom) that we don't think about when we shouldn't quote somebody. I think it also stems from the fact that people want to stand up to the trash rather than just reporting and ignoring and waiting for the mods. I'm hopeful we will all try our best. (Except for our resident trolls because they live to cause chaos.) We appreciate everything you and all the mods do to keep the forum going!

Good point. I think we all just get so used to using the quote feature (which is important to know who is responding to whom) that we don't think about when we shouldn't quote somebody. I think it also stems from the fact that people want to stand up to the trash rather than just reporting and ignoring and waiting for the mods. I'm hopeful we will all try our best. (Except for our resident trolls because they live to cause chaos.) We appreciate everything you and all the mods do to keep the forum going!
I get it completely, it's hard not to quote when fighting against them but maybe when quoting, at least edit the quoted text to not duplicate the bad content (racist stuff etc)

Loss still really stings, just gutted for this great group of seniors. Cats came in with fire that we matched for a while, but then just seemed to hit a wall - and they ran right through it. Credit them for a hell of a job.

Griz bench depth challenges showed bigtime last night. We're super young and inexperienced there and it showed. Zero bench points and really no meaningful contributions from any bench player at all. It's easy to second guess after the game but it really seems like leaning more on the bench to ensure our starting 5 don't totally run out gas would've been more ideal. Meanwhile the Cats got 18 points off their bench if I remember correctly.

Unfortunately the showing in this tournament encapsulated what we can tend to see in a frustrating loss under TDC. Thanks to ISU and Sac the Griz *should have* won the tourney as the highest remaining seed and with a combined 12-2 regular season record against the remaining field. They were the favorites, and they knew it. They got through their first two games doing what they do and holding good/manageable leads, they then built up a workable lead in the 3rd and then melted away and lost... in this case badly. In some of the Grizzlies conference losses they'd see a lead disappear late that turned into a loss, this tournament showing kind of reflected that.

I don't really think this is an indictment on Travis, he's been saying it this whole season - he's had to rebuild this team's culture and covid really wrecked that. This team was top-heavy in a way we've not seen in a long time and just didn't have that next level of depth that could come off the bench in this moment and help out in meaningful ways. The graduation of this group is the sunsetting of those who worked to rebuild the team culture and they should grow from this moving forward, at least that's my hope!

Back