• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can we please talk about recruiting on the main board too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find funny is that this board had the exact same argument only reversed three years ago.

Really can’t understand why it’s so hard to click on the recruiting page.

Paytonlives said:
What I find funny is that this board had the exact same argument only reversed three years ago.

No one said it's hard. the point is that some people don't do it.

What I can't understand is how someone can't ignore a topic/thread on the main board.

You obviously don't understand clicks and views.

When people see a topic of interest, they will open it. The topics In the Recruiting thread can't be seen so they don't attract as much attention. In this day and age, I am surprised that you can't understand that.

PlayerRep said:
The topics In the Recruiting thread can't be seen so they don't attract as much attention.
Why can't they be seen? I have no trouble seeing them in Recruiting Central. My personal opinion is that I prefer to have all the recruiting stuff together in one place rather than duplicating or partially duplicating in two places.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
The topics In the Recruiting thread can't be seen so they don't attract as much attention.
Why can't they be seen? I have no trouble seeing them in Recruiting Central. My personal opinion is that I prefer to have all the recruiting stuff together in one place rather than duplicating or partially duplicating in two places.

Because they are not on the main board.

My personal view is that it is ridiculous to hide all of the recruiting stuff in a separate forum. It costs downs on the click/ news. That is just an indisputable fact.

WaGriz4life said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Not to be an ass but it’s literally one click away.

Not to be a dick but it's literally the only thing there is to talk about between now and Spring practice.

Whatever, there’s new uni’s, move up threads, bison envy threads, cats suck balls threads, it’s fucking cold outside threads, ice fishing with former Griz threads. It’s actually nice to have no football busying up the board.

There, that’s how to properly be a dick. :thumb:

Paytonlives said:

Using your argument, what's so hard about leaving/putting more recruiting on the main forum?

PlayerRep said:
Paytonlives said:

Using your argument, what's so hard about leaving/putting more recruiting on the main forum?
What is so hard about adapting habits to using Recruiting Central?

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Paytonlives said:

What is so hard about adapting habits to using Recruiting Central?

Human behavior. That's why some people are complaining.

Here's my proposal:

Posters should be free, if not encouraged, to post new recruiting information/topics on the main board. Then, when the thread goes off the first page, it can be moved to the Recruiting sub-forum.

Too much good and relevant information is being buried, i.e. not brought to people's attention and lost for discussion, on the Recruiting sub forum.

Some of us don't look, and probably won't. I assume most occasional visitors don't know to look. The section is complicated and messy, especially if you're not used to looking at it. Hard to follow/find information.

I only click to the recruiting forum to check for any new recruit names. If there aren’t any, I click back to the main board. No reason to read it otherwise.

PlayerRep said:
Here's my proposal:

Posters should be free, if not encouraged, to post new recruiting information/topics on the main board. Then, when the thread goes off the first page, it can be moved to the Recruiting sub-forum.

Too much good and relevant information is being buried, i.e. not brought to people's attention and lost for discussion, on the Recruiting sub forum.

Some of us don't look, and probably won't. I assume most occasional visitors don't know to look. The section is complicated and messy, especially if you're not used to looking at it. Hard to follow/find information.

Makes to much good sense to be adopted. I would guess that Chris doesn’t care about profits from the clicks. Otherwise it would go in the highest traffic area to generate the most income. End of story.

PlayerRep said:
Here's my proposal:

I’d support your idea, but your last paragraph is just dumb. If they are smart enough to GET to eGriz, and can find the main board, why in the world would they struggle to find the Recruiting forum? It’s a daunting ONE WHOLE CLICK away!!! Ermahgerd!!! It’s literally set up exactly like the main board, and in there EVERY thread is relevant (inlike the crap that ends up on the main board) and kept clean.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Here's my proposal:

I’d support your idea, but your last paragraph is just dumb. If they are smart enough to GET to eGriz, and can find the main board, why in the world would they struggle to find the Recruiting forum? It’s a daunting ONE WHOLE CLICK away!!! Ermahgerd!!! It’s literally set up exactly like the main board, and in there EVERY thread is relevant (inlike the crap that ends up on the main board) and kept clean.

Well, if anyone is like me, I "can't find" the Recruiting subsection, and I've been posting for over 2 decades and have a billion post.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Here's my proposal:

Well, if anyone is like me, I "can't find" the Recruiting subsection, and I've been posting for over 2 decades and have a billion post.
Certainly, you must jest. If you bookmark "Montana Grizzlies and the FCS", it opens to Forum, the first item is "Recruiting Central." The second is Griz Football News. Below Forum is Topics, which you refer to as the main board. You must have bookmarked "Topics" instead of "Montana Grizzlies and the FCS." Even so, hitting the "Montana Grizzlies and the FCS" at the bottom of any page takes you back to the page with "Recruiting Central" at the top. Try it; it could open up the world for you.

This is the first page I find when I log in to egriz forums. Recruiting Central at the top is much easier and clean to find information when all that is desired is recruiting news. General forum covers so many topics that specific topics can get buried rather quickly.

Forum
Recruiting Central
Griz Football Recruiting Info
Topics: 125
Griz Football News
Griz news from around the nation
Topics: 2565

Search this forum

Topics
Dante’s official game thread
Last post by alabamagrizzly « Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:46 pm
Replies: 60
FCS to the Super Bowl
Last post by IdaGriz01 « Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:41 pm
Replies: 10
UW RS Junior LB Enters the Portal
Last post by EverettGriz « Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:40 pm
Replies: 22
The refs all but ruined the national championship game
Last post by stilwtrgrizz « Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:08 pm
Replies: 14

Can we please talk about recruiting on the main board too?
Last post by kemajic « Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:00 pm
Replies: 37
Oregon St DB Transfers
Last post by AZGrizFan « Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 pm
Replies: 31
FCS Draft Declarations
Last post by jcu27 « Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:57 pm
Replies: 3
Dante Draft Predictions
Last post by jcu27 « Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:54 pm
Replies: 32
Kleinschmit
Last post by MrG « Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:39 pm
Replies: 5
Missouri St
Last post by IdaGriz01 « Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:58 pm
Replies: 54
Worth Recognition
Last post by Dillon « Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:00 am
Replies: 10
Springfield,MO Where is the GRIZ Tailgate?
Last post by AZGrizFan « Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 pm
Replies: 14
Kittens lose O coordinator
Last post by ilovethecats « Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:12 am
Replies: 53
Jerry Rice - motivated
Last post by Proud Griz Man « Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:10 pm
Eight More Griz All Americans
Last post by MikeyGriz « Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:19 am
Choate to WSU, taking Troy with him!
Last post by CDAGRIZ « Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:12 pm
Replies: 39
Dante Olson in East West Shrine Bowl this Saturday
Last post by '68griz « Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:27 pm
Replies: 7
Texas A&M/Arkansas Starting QB sends tape to UM
Last post by Bowmat « Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:19 am
Replies: 58
Coaches' free speech protected
Last post by jcu27 « Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 am
Grayson Pibal - New Commit
Last post by Dillon « Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:38 am
Replies: 2
Ryan Leaf - ESPN Announcer
Last post by goatcreekgriz « Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:42 am
Replies: 27
Could we please have subforums for move up, uniform and similar threads?
Last post by BozAngelesGriz « Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:13 pm
Replies: 13
Griz Plates
Last post by SubGriz « Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:39 pm
Dante Olson NFL Draft Prospect 2020
Last post by Bear Axed « Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:45 pm
Replies: 70
Last post by EverettGriz « Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:13 pm
Replies: 18
Dante Olson wins the Buck
Last post by kemajic « Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:03 pm
Replies: 6
The “Official” Unofficial Montana Records
Last post by grizfan95 « Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:28 pm
Replies: 25
JMU vs. ND State Championship Game Thread
Last post by ordigger « Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:09 pm
Replies: 287 …
Can we Please Talk About Politics on the Main Board Too?
Last post by grzz « Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:21 am
Replies: 7
FCS Championship Game
Last post by Paytonlives « Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:59 pm
Replies: 123 …
Mark topics read • 50130 topics 1 …

Return to Board Index