• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Mens Transfer Information 2020-21

GrizBall said:
UMFan12 said:
Considering that Cam Tyson was able to transfer to Houston from a terrible Idaho team a few years ago, I’d assume at the very least Thacker will get some D1 looks.

I was just about the say the same thing about Thacker.

I think Tyson is a different story. He shot almost 40% from 3 on approximately 8 attempts a game and was only a freshman. That is an elite skill and the reason he was picked up by one of the best programs in the country.

Also worth pointing out that there are 32 D-1 conferences and the Big Sky was ranked 21st. So I think it depends on how badly they want to play D-1 basketball. I think Christmas and Robinson could have a shot, but would you rather play at D-1 at Mississippi Valley State or a nice D-2 in SoCal?

Lol. Assuming that’s a rhetorical question? :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Next question: what does 2E or 1E mean?

Eligibility. Trying to parse through those players that I think are automatically eligible versus those who might if things don't change might have a year left. Not precise at all.

We'll likely see a flood of Power 5 conference school announcements this week. As teams are eliminated from the NIT and NCAA we'll see more movement as they finish their end of year reviews.

Most of the transfer posting so far have been from middle to lower tier conferences and schools. The only power 5 schools with significant out-migration so far has been Penn State (place is a dumpster fire) and Minnesota (fired Pitino) with a smattering of other individual transfers here and there.

As DeCuire mentioned he likes to know what he's getting and there has been shocking little movement among western power 5 schools as well as MWC programs. The concern, is that I don't think TDC is going to take projects this year but rather guys he knows will improve the squad. That is going to be a tough task considering the limited number of options for his style of post guys and the 3 and D wing guy I think he wants.

Just as much as I can gather, these are the most active BSC programs in the transfer market currently:

1. Montana State (Sprinkle looking for instant improvement to the depth of his squad)
2. Southern Utah
3. Montana

Scot Blakney continues to be the most sought after Big Sky Conference player on the transfer wire currently. He holds a bevy of offers from BSC schools and other comparative level schools.

Added:

PF Jordan Veening (RS SO) (2-3E) - Eastern Washington. Former or current walk-on and only played 5 games in mop-up duty all year.

UNC landed McNeese grad transfer Dru Kuxhausen. Averaged 11.8 PPG. NoCo should be pretty good next season. Had interest from a lot of schools including Southern Utah and Montana State.

https://twitter.com/dkux3/status/1374136352435011590?s=20

UMFan12 said:
UNC landed McNeese grad transfer Dru Kuxhausen. Averaged 11.8 PPG. NoCo should be pretty good next season. Had interest from a lot of schools including Southern Utah and Montana State.

Never seen him play. Looks like a big time 3 point shooter with very little else. I am always a little leery about players like this. He played in the Southland Conference which is ranked 32 out of D-1 34 conferences. His team was ranked 340 out of 357 D-1 teams. Defense was 353/357. Strength of Schedule 344 out of 357. 6/24 games (25%) against non-D1 teams.

GrizBall said:
UMFan12 said:

Never seen him play. Looks like a big time 3 point shooter with very little else. I am always a little leery about players like this. He played in the Southland Conference which is ranked 32 out of D-1 34 conferences. His team was ranked 340 out of 357 D-1 teams. Defense was 353/357. Strength of Schedule 344 out of 357. 6/24 games (25%) against non-D1 teams.
Knocked down 74 3s this past year. I’d assume he’ll be a catch and shoot guy and should fit pretty well with some of the slashers UNC has.

UMFan12 said:
GrizBall said:
Knocked down 74 3s this past year. I’d assume he’ll be a catch and shoot guy and should fit pretty well with some of the slashers UNC has.

Agreed. Only 48 against D-1 teams though. Close-outs come a lot faster the better the league. Out of 13 teams in the league 8 were sub 300 and another was 280. Time will tell!

GrizBall said:
EWU's Jacob Davison in the portal per Verbal Commits
If I’m Decuire, I’m absolutely going after him. The kids a total baller. We talked this whole season about the Griz lacking that guy that can take over the game. He’s it! He got buried on the bench for whatever reason at Eastern, but we’d be foolish not to try and go after him.

Griz til I die said:
GrizBall said:
If I’m Decuire, I’m absolutely going after him. The kids a total baller. We talked this whole season about the Griz lacking that guy that can take over the game. He’s it! He got buried on the bench for whatever reason at Eastern, but we’d be foolish not to try and go after him.

This is where the off-season is absolutely fascinating to me. Do you ask Beasley or Whitney to come off the bench? Would that cause them to go elsewhere? Do you trade 4 more years of Beasley or Whitney for 1 year of Davison? Would Davison come here and come off the bench? Even with Davison is UM contending next year or are they another year away? Do Vasquez and Parker accept a reduced role? So many ramifications.

Griz til I die said:
GrizBall said:

Reportedly, Davison spent more time on the bench due to defensive deficiencies.

Griz til I die said:
GrizBall said:

Hard pass.

Davison is one of the most selfish players I have ever seen play. He doesn't play defense, he complains constantly, and above all he comes off as a jackass. I don't want him anywhere near the Griz team.

helenaumfan said:
Davison is one of the most selfish players I have ever seen play. He doesn't play defense, he complains constantly, and above all he comes off as a jackass. I don't want him anywhere near the Griz team.

:thumb: Griz have enough guards!!

The biggest to hit the portal so far. Going to have a ton of suitors...

[media]https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1374399175765323776?s=20[/media]

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse for NAU, think again. Cam Shelton just put his name in the portal. Kids gonna have an offer from ever PAC 12 and Monutain West school out there. Tough offseason for the jacks.

helenaumfan said:

Agree 100%.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1374789770409304065?s=20
Weber is now the only team without a transfer portal entry if you include Steadman and Satterwhite for UM.

Back