• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats DC suspended

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:
I just hope it wasn't a DUI, east of the divide there aren't even any corners. That's the worst about getting pinned for being on the wobbly pops, all you had to do was keep her out of the rhubarb and you've had been done and dusted. Fer F..K sakes.

I’m hoping it wasn’t bigamy. That has to be near the top of most ridiculous crimes. I know it’s frowned upon in at least 49 states.
Make that 48; it's fine in Idaho, too.

I was over at the neighbor’s last night to help him butcher his elk. How the heck he stumbled into an elk, is beyond me. The blind squirrel saying is a gross understatement. The guy can’t tell the difference between a rump roast and a tenderloin, and thinks a 300: ultra mag is a movie about Spartans.

I’m convinced the cow was so old she knew she was dying and committed suicide by hunter. Based on the story he regaled, the only other explanation was she wanted to trample him more than I do.

Anywho’s, I was purposely trying to avoid chatting about CFB for obvious reasons. I had already seen him and he got his ribbing in previously. Last night, he was on his best behavior. He can be a good dude in spurts, and he didn’t even bring up football. He probably just knew he needed my help.

He cut himself within the first 30secs and spent the rest of the evening on the bar stool watching the game with his hand wrapped and elevated. I snuck a pic because he looked hilarious: both hands resting on his head, his good hand holding the wrap and his hurt hand holding his beer. Will make an amazing meme someday.

I could not help myself, and I had to ask about this DC suspension issue. According to his expert insider info, this suspension is a good thing—just what the doctor ordered to reinvigorate a limp and tired D. He said the shakeup is just like last year’s deep run (not sure what that was supposed to mean). The suspended DC is apparently going to still be at practice all week and continuing hence forth. Nothing criminal. In fact, this is exactly what bub fans want and a “formal interview” for the replacement DC which bubs have been asking for all year.

garizzalies said:
I was over at the neighbor’s last night to help him butcher his elk. How the heck he stumbled into an elk, is beyond me. The blind squirrel saying is a gross understatement. The guy can’t tell the difference between a rump roast and a tenderloin, and thinks a 300: ultra mag is a movie about Spartans.

I’m convinced the cow was so old she knew she was dying and committed suicide by hunter. Based on the story he regaled, the only other explanation was she wanted to trample him more than I do.

Anywho’s, I was purposely trying to avoid chatting about CFB for obvious reasons. I had already seen him and he got his ribbing in previously. Last night, he was on his best behavior. He can be a good dude in spurts, and he didn’t even bring up football. He probably just knew he needed my help.

He cut himself within the first 30secs and spent the rest of the evening on the bar stool watching the game with his hand wrapped and elevated. I snuck a pic because he looked hilarious: both hands resting on his head, his good hand holding the wrap and his hurt hand holding his beer. Will make an amazing meme someday.

I could not help myself, and I had to ask about this DC suspension issue. According to his expert insider info, this suspension is a good thing—just what the doctor ordered to reinvigorate a limp and tired D. He said the shakeup is just like last year’s deep run (not sure what that was supposed to mean). The suspended DC is apparently going to still be at practice all week and continuing hence forth. Nothing criminal. In fact, this is exactly what bub fans want and a “formal interview” for the replacement DC which bubs have been asking for all year.

#scumcat logic: It's actually a good thing that our defensive coordinator is suspended for undisclosed reasons, that our HC refuses to talk about it, and it's totally not a distraction of any kind.

Coach Sixx: "Hey, uh, I gotta suspend your ass because, well, you know, you did that thing and.... But I need you at practice so this suspension won't really be a suspension because as you know, we're all about W's over ethics here at State. By the way, where are we on the research into PEDs that will not show up on tests?"

EverettGriz said:
Coach Sixx: "Hey, uh, I gotta suspend your ass because, well, you know, you did that thing and.... But I need you at practice so this suspension won't really be a suspension because as you know, we're all about W's over ethics here at State. By the way, where are we on the research into PEDs that will not show up on tests?"

They just haven’t had time to deactivate his badge to get into the litter box.

Heard his pin# was 73425

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/ByParkerCotton/status/1597739436212572160

I saw that. I feel for the guy. He’s probably dealing with alcohol addiction. Truth be told, I’ve been there. Some of us recover, some don’t. Hopefully he gets help.

This is his 3rd DUI charge. On top of that he got fired in a previous position for recruiting violations. He has literally put egg on the face of his head coach and that program. Sorry not sorry, he doesn’t deserve another chance and should be relieved of his duties immediately.

Addiction is one thing, not calling an UBER is another. He put others lives at jeopardy with his decision to drive not just his own. Vigen knew his history, trusted him, went out on a limb and was made a fool. Not a good look for MSU to have him on staff after this (and he still is at practice this week just not at the game an that is making Vigen look even worse.) President ought to be really proud of it all.

Ursus1 said:
Addiction is one thing, not calling an UBER is another. He put others lives at jeopardy with his decision to drive not just his own. Vigen knew his history, trusted him, went out on a limb and was made a fool. Not a good look for MSU to have him on staff after this (and he still is at practice this week just not at the game an that is making Vigen look even worse.) President ought to be really proud of it all.

I was going to post exactly the same thing. This guy isn't in his 20s or 30s making a first time mistake. This is a pattern of behavior that is deeply troubling. Getting behind the wheel drunk is not a personal life choice, it's a choice to put other people's lives on the line for your own behaviors. Call a cab, find a bus, call a friend, use Uber or Lyft, walk if you have to, but don't drive drunk.

Ursus1 said:

this decision is above Vigen's pay grade. Id imagine he's following recommendations from the AD, President's office, and the university HR and legal team.

wbtfg said:
Ursus1 said:

this decision is above Vigen's pay grade. Id imagine he's following recommendations from the AD, President's office, and the university HR and legal team.

He's fortunate his own job isn't in jeopardy. And if this asshat is allowed to remain on staff, it absolutely should be.

I’m amazed at how well the university keeps things under wraps in Bozeman. Coach Garza was arrested the night of the Brawl and it took over a week for the news to hit the paper. The announcement of the suspension of the DB using PED’s didn’t occur until 8 months after he tested positive.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/ByParkerCotton/status/1597739436212572160

I saw that. I feel for the guy. He’s probably dealing with alcohol addiction. Truth be told, I’ve been there. Some of us recover, some don’t. Hopefully he gets help.
+1

wbtfg said:
Ursus1 said:

So it’s Cruzado’s decision to keep him on staff? And because it’s her decision that makes it somehow OK?

Back