• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bison player suspended over banned substance

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
Does anyone know how many Bison players have been tested since 2010?

If it really has been 600, isn't that a roster violation (for having had too many players on the team over that period of time)?

18 players are required to be tested before every playoff game by the NCAA. That’s how YSU and JMU both had players suspended in 2016 playoffs.

So 72 players this year alone were tested from NDSU (by an external agency) in the playoffs alone and one failed.

NDSU has played in 33 playoff games since 2010. That is 594 drug tests. One failed test.

Again, it is a completely false claim by Brock’s mom that “everyone” was taking this workout supplement.

Were you in the locker rooms ? Interacting with coaches and players on an every day basis.
If not, then your argument is pure speculation.
Rules are rules no matter how vague they are .
Last time I checked college kids are adults and should be aware of the rules . If not here is a simple resolution "ask a question "
I know it is a tough situation for the team but again I stress " rules are rules"

blackfoot griz said:
Unfortunately, it's the 1 out of 18 that matters not the 593 that passed that gives the Bison a black eye.

I believe that you are correct sir

TCCGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

If it really has been 600, isn't that a roster violation (for having had too many players on the team over that period of time)?

18 players are required to be tested before every playoff game by the NCAA. That’s how YSU and JMU both had players suspended in 2016 playoffs.

So 72 players this year alone were tested from NDSU (by an external agency) in the playoffs alone and one failed.

NDSU has played in 33 playoff games since 2010. That is 594 drug tests. One failed test.

Again, it is a completely false claim by Brock’s mom that “everyone” was taking this workout supplement.

Were you in the locker rooms ? Interacting with coaches and players on an every day basis.
Last time I checked college kids are adults and should be aware of the rules . If not here is a simple resolution "ask a question "
I know it is a tough situation for the team but again I stress " rules are rules"

Nope, only know through my cousin. That’s it.

Again, 72 drug tests, at random, were issued to NDSU players this year during the playoffs.18 players before every game.

If “everyone” was taking it , it is almost impossible multiple drug tests would have been failed.

It actually explains a lot that they were all taking banned substances this whole time. The juice bar in that locker room must be busy.

2011BisonAlumni said:
TCCGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Again, 72 drug tests, at random, were issued to NDSU players this year during the playoffs.18 players before every game.

If “everyone” was taking it , it is almost impossible multiple drug tests would have been failed.

Yeah, but they were all taking the illegal drugs. It says so in the article. No clue how they faked the test results, but it happened. Clean urine must be a commodity on campus, lol.

2011BisonAlumni said:
TCCGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

You do know there are ways to hide this don't you .
Please do not be do naive. Let it play out before your assumptions .( is this Covington)

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
TCCGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Yeah, but they were all taking the illegal drugs. It says so in the article. No clue how they faked the test results, but it happened. Clean urine must be a commodity on campus, lol.

Strange they all tested positive at being heifers, "wierd"

At a bare minimum I would think the Bison will have to vacate all their wins that the player took part in. At that point the NCAA will have to investigate his claims that it is systematic.

It has always struck me as odd that in an age of parity in almost all sports, one school was able to dominate based around "power football". Might be the answer to where that power comes from.

SaskGriz said:
At a bare minimum I would think the Bison will have to vacate all their wins that the player took part in. At that point the NCAA will have to investigate his claims that it is systematic.

It has always struck me as odd that in an age of parity in almost all sports, one school was able to dominate based around "power football". Might be the answer to where that power comes from.

I think you're right. He admits he was juicing the entire last half of the season. Those wins are gone if the NCAA follows its own rules.

The article says the whole locker room was juicing too. And it was supplied by the program, despite the AD's attempt to say it was from another player. Tough look for sure. I don't think the NCAA can just ignore something this bad.

The graduating Bison class of 2011 says they feel bad for the player, a known cheater. I would reserve my sympathy if I were them, because I think this is far from over.

You assume the NCAA will follow its own rules. IF they do, and they do a proper investigation, lots of dominoes could, and should, start falling. Rules is rules.

SaskGriz said:

Ya you are dead wrong on the whole vacating wins deal. Not going to happen.

2011BisonAlumni said:
SaskGriz said:

How on Earth could it not? He straight up admits he competed while ineligible.

When stuck in quicksand, the more you wiggle/struggle, the quicker you do down. Have another deep fat fried cheese curd or two on the way down. Blub....blub...…………….blub.

We talking rock band, jazz band, boy band, ska band, marching band, or cover band here? Was their substance too provocative for the airwaves?

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SaskGriz said:

Because NDSU, as intuition, did what was required to test players for illegal drugs and nothing was intentially done by Brock Robbins. Similar circumstances have happened, and happens every year, with wins not being vacated.

And just because Brock said he was doing it, which he probably was, doesn’t prove it. The NCAA isn’t going to make a time machine and go back to October 2018 and drug test someone.

Seriously do yourself a favor. Go look at the list of vacated NCAA wins and find a similar circumstance.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SaskGriz said:

Because you don't become ineligible until someone knows about the infractions. In Montana's case...Robin and staff knew they players should have been reported to the NCAA and were not. Now if NDSU did an internal drug test and saw him using this substance and ignored it....then tested positive from the NCAA....then yes I imagine they would vacate wins. 1 test won't be enough for the NCAA to do an investigation however, nor should it be.

mtgrizfankb said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SaskGriz said:

Because you don't become ineligible until someone knows about the infractions. In Montana's case...Robin and staff knew they players should have been reported to the NCAA and were not. Now if NDSU did an internal drug test and saw him using this substance and ignored it....then tested positive from the NCAA....then yes I imagine they would vacate wins. 1 test won't be enough for the NCAA to do an investigation however, nor should it be.

Exactly what I was trying to say, but you said it better.

If NDSU knew he was ineligible, knew he was taking an illegal supplement, and knew he was “hot” then yep I hope they vacate all their wins. Really do.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SaskGriz said:

You do realize Clemson had the exact same thing happen this year.....right?

Brock is a good kid and had no clue it was illegal, so please quit using the word juicing like he was some roid taker. The supplement he took wasn’t even on the banned substance list.

Again, these kids aren’t pharmacists. NCAA needs a complete list so things like this do not happen.

Back