• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Issues Coming for College Football

I wonder if they know the difference between revenue and profit. Maybe an ‘Intro to Business’ class would help, for free. Full circle.

indian-outlaw said:
ilovethecats said:
I read 50% but that's neither here nor there. It won't happen and as you said, wouldn't be legal to do so. I was speaking more to what they're asking as far as Covid goes, racial justice, and just overall treatment of student athletes. Some athletes have a great experience in college. But others do not, for some of the reasons they mentioned. I think the financial requests were not as important as the other ones.

Protecting the players as much as we protect and take care of the coaches seems like a no-brainer to me.
This guy is like a broken clock being right twice a day. But he is certainly right in this case to anyone who isn't a tool for the NCAA. These coaches make obscene amounts of money putting these athletes through way more than what a scholarship is worth. A div I football player would be money ahead if he were to wash dishes in a Chinese restaurant for minimum wage as opposed to what they do do become legit players college football today. A very small percentage will ever cash in. The vast majority will work their balls off as young men and will leave the sport with a lifelong injury. I am all for what the athletea are proposing. It's a long time coming.

:roll:

kemajic said:
indian-outlaw said:
This guy is like a broken clock being right twice a day. But he is certainly right in this case to anyone who isn't a tool for the NCAA. These coaches make obscene amounts of money putting these athletes through way more than what a scholarship is worth. A div I football player would be money ahead if he were to wash dishes in a Chinese restaurant for minimum wage as opposed to what they do do become legit players college football today. A very small percentage will ever cash in. The vast majority will work their balls off as young men and will leave the sport with a lifelong injury. I am all for what the athletea are proposing. It's a long time coming.
You act like they are indentured servants with no choices. Are they forced into these scholarships?

Of course not. They have options. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t look to change things. The NCAA is terrible and even at individual universities things could change for the better.

Like I said before, no one forced kids to play at university of Iowa. They have the choice to leave because of a racist trainer. But is that the only or best option? Or is it good these kids had a voice and a racist trainer is no longer employed?

indian-outlaw said:
ilovethecats said:
I read 50% but that's neither here nor there. It won't happen and as you said, wouldn't be legal to do so. I was speaking more to what they're asking as far as Covid goes, racial justice, and just overall treatment of student athletes. Some athletes have a great experience in college. But others do not, for some of the reasons they mentioned. I think the financial requests were not as important as the other ones.

Protecting the players as much as we protect and take care of the coaches seems like a no-brainer to me.

They must not be very bright then if they either don't realize this or still choose to do the football thing. :roll:

Back