• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Are...

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
What was funny about that post? Link below. Plus, I think it's even a bigger gap than that because I don't think they're factoring in the fact that Cats have to travel TO EWU, Weber, and um. Cat schedule more difficult and it really isn't that close.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021-toughest-schedules-bzbz/

That article doesn’t include Dixie State, which has, hands down, the most difficult schedule in FCS this year. So it’s already suspect…you don’t get to claim toughest schedule when you play two non scholly teams at home and a lower tier MWC team as your “tough” game. BTW, we go to EWU as well, so that one’s a wash. We all saw what Weber wasn’t capable of, so that game is a shitload easier than it might have looked preseason.

When you look at current sagarin ratings for strength of schedule, cats are one of the lowest out there in all of college football. I like Sagarin because it changes every single week based on who is winning, losing, and what their current rankings are. Griz have one of the higher marks in all of FCS, mainly due to that Washington game who was top 20 at the time.

https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2021-2/college-football-team-ratings-2021/

SOS through 3 weeks
Griz 107
Cats 249

The hero sports article was a pre season. Now that we’ve seen some teams play and have a better feel, that article is completely outdated. That’s why I like Sagarin. The gap between the school will get closer through the season.

Weber will be lucky to be in the top 20 by the time MSU plays them.
They play a good Davis team this weekend that should hand Weber its second straight loss.

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
What was funny about that post? Link below. Plus, I think it's even a bigger gap than that because I don't think they're factoring in the fact that Cats have to travel TO EWU, Weber, and um. Cat schedule more difficult and it really isn't that close.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021-toughest-schedules-bzbz/

That article doesn’t include Dixie State, which has, hands down, the most difficult schedule in FCS this year. So it’s already suspect…you don’t get to claim toughest schedule when you play two non scholly teams at home and a lower tier MWC team as your “tough” game. BTW, we go to EWU as well, so that one’s a wash. We all saw what Weber wasn’t capable of, so that game is a shitload easier than it might have looked preseason.

I agree with what you’re saying, outside of Wyoming being “lower tier”. They’ve been a middle to upper MWC team for years now under bohl, and during the Allen years they were playing for conference titles. I lived in Laramie for all of the Josh Allen years and went to many games during that time and I can promise you they were a very well coached team then and I assume they are now. They may not have a josh Allen but Sean chambers is no slouch.

Back