• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Are...

EverettGriz said:
...the bobcats (suck) really playing yet another non-scholarship team this week??

msu motto: "We'll play *anyone **anywhere!"

*As long as it's anyone without any real athletes.

**As long as it's anywhere in bozeman.

You're not wrong EG. I can't think of anyone who was super excited about this portion of our schedule. But I'm fine with it considering the gauntlet we face the last month when we have to play Weber, Eastern and the Griz all on the road.

Truthfully, after 600+ days with no football, I wouldn't care if the Cats played Butte High and Missoula Hellgate JV soccer teams. Football is back and I'm giddy.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
...the bobcats (suck) really playing yet another non-scholarship team this week??

Truthfully, after 600+ days with no football, I wouldn't care if the Cats played Butte High and Missoula Hellgate JV soccer teams. Football is back and I'm giddy.

Have you checked next year's schedule?

3-7-77 said:
ilovethecats said:

Have you checked next year's schedule?

Yep...

McNeese
Morehead State
Oregon State

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

You're not wrong EG. I can't think of anyone who was super excited about this portion of our schedule. But I'm fine with it considering the gauntlet we face the last month when we have to play Weber, Eastern and the Griz all on the road.

:thumb:

Copper Griz said:
EverettGriz said:

Good thing they padded the early part of their schedule EG. Going to be tough sledding for them later in the season. Weber, EWU and the Griz are all on the road. Weber doesn’t appear to be giant slayers this year, but we all know winning on the road in the BSC is hard. Good luck to em

Weber had two drives end in the redzone, both on 4th down. One was a running play that got stuffed and 2nd was a dropped pass in the endzone on 4th down. Had both of those been scores the Utah game would have looked much different.

Then Weber has a close first half with Dixie so they must not be good this year....but then lets ignore that Weber also scored 34 unanswered (while playing with their 2nd string QB) and held the home team to 3 points to win 41-3.

Weber is 28-3 against the Big Sky in the last 4 seasons. 31-3 if you count non conf games against conference foes, and yet every year they are called over-rated. The jealously flows strongly in a few on this board.

WILDCATFAN said:
Copper Griz said:
Good thing they padded the early part of their schedule EG. Going to be tough sledding for them later in the season. Weber, EWU and the Griz are all on the road. Weber doesn’t appear to be giant slayers this year, but we all know winning on the road in the BSC is hard. Good luck to em

Weber had two drives end in the redzone, both on 4th down. One was a running play that got stuffed and 2nd was a dropped pass in the endzone on 4th down. Had both of those been scores the Utah game would have looked much different.

Then Weber has a close first half with Dixie so they must not be good this year....but then lets ignore that Weber also scored 34 unanswered (while playing with their 2nd string QB) and held the home team to 3 points to win 41-3.

Weber is 28-3 against the Big Sky in the last 4 seasons. 31-3 if you count non conf games against conference foes, and yet every year they are called over-rated. The jealously flows strongly in a few on this board.

If if’s and buts were candy and nuts…. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
WILDCATFAN said:

We'd all have 4 straight Big Sky titles. :D :thumb:

WILDCATFAN said:
Copper Griz said:

Did you mean to quote the guy you quoted? Trying to make sense of it. :?

poorgriz said:
Lame topic. Cat schedule is more difficult than the griz schedule in 2021. Case closed.
The Cats schedule is more difficult than the Griz in the same way that Jets schedule is more difficult than the Chiefs. If a team sucks their schedule will always be more difficult for that team.

ilovethecats said:
WILDCATFAN said:

Did you mean to quote the guy you quoted? Trying to make sense of it. :?

Yes, I know the post was directed mostly at MSU but his Statement about Weber is what I was responding to :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
WILDCATFAN said:

I golf with a guy that, after every shot, yells "If that would have gone where I wanted it to, it would have been perfect!!"

ilovethecats said:
Exactly the way we felt this spring.

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
Lame topic. Cat schedule is more difficult than the griz schedule in 2021. Case closed.

:lol: :lol:

What was funny about that post? Link below. Plus, I think it's even a bigger gap than that because I don't think they're factoring in the fact that Cats have to travel TO EWU, Weber, and um. Cat schedule more difficult and it really isn't that close.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021-toughest-schedules-bzbz/

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

What was funny about that post? Link below. Plus, I think it's even a bigger gap than that because I don't think they're factoring in the fact that Cats have to travel TO EWU, Weber, and um. Cat schedule more difficult and it really isn't that close.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Outside of Weber, please explain how your schedule is more difficult. Your next three games are cakewalk, as were your last two. Wyoming is your lone quality opponent thus far. Outside of the Weber game I don’t see any game more difficult on your schedule, except that you have to travel to UM. Our first two opponents were considerably better than your first three. WIU while not good is considerably better than either drake or San Diego, and Washington while probably overrated to begin the season, is exponentially more talented than Wyoming and everyone knows that (check sagarin ratings for a non biased perspective if you don’t believe me). So please do elaborate on how much more difficult your schedule is.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

That article doesn’t include Dixie State, which has, hands down, the most difficult schedule in FCS this year. So it’s already suspect…you don’t get to claim toughest schedule when you play two non scholly teams at home and a lower tier MWC team as your “tough” game. BTW, we go to EWU as well, so that one’s a wash. We all saw what Weber wasn’t capable of, so that game is a shitload easier than it might have looked preseason.

Back