• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Another Griz opts for Carroll

I agree as well. Hartman has been the kind of person in high school as he is now. Leaf has more class in his little finger. Leaf is NOTHING like his older brother. He was very much liked and got along with his team. He was liked by many in the community of Great Falls and that can't be said about his brother or Justin Hartman who was surrounded by super athletes offensively the year they were so successful.

I will just quickly point out, knowing parts of the Leaf family, including Matt Kegel, I would say that Brady is more like his cousin Matt than he is like Ryan. Brady had to deal with the Leaf name at CMR, which wasn't something overly positive by the time he reached CMR. I have always known Brady to be a good kid. Then again, I really didn't get to see him in the high school scene either. But I would personally give more for Brady than I did Hartmann. That is just preference though.

Not that I want to try and defend Ryan Leaf here, but isn't the reason he didn't claim to be a Montanan was because he was declaring state residence in Washington where he wouldn't have to pay state income tax on the signing bonus that would be coming his way while he'd have to pay it if he were a resident of Montana?

That never did make him seem any better in my eyes, but I know a former Washington State assistant coach said that was the advice Ryan got from a few people.

I have heard the same things about Brady Leaf...that he is plenty more mature than his older brother, a pretty nice kid, but not the football talent that Ryan was.

But to say that CMRs last championship team was Leaf's team and that Hartman played only because of his name is assinine. Hartman had one of the best statistical seasons a AA QB has had in the state of MT. He was the Gatorade POY, and only missed a couple, maybe 3 games due to knee injury. That means he was playing the last half of the season on a bad knee and still racked up those stats with his injuries.

He may have been the same spoiled brat in high school as he made himself out to be a couple months ago with quitting UMs team, but to start saying his high school career was nothing is crazy. Apparently some of you Griz fans just cant handle it when somebody disses your team. I wont argue that Hartman handled leaving UM extremely poorly, but he doesnt deserve the crap some of you people are dragging him through. The kid is gone, an extra scholarship is now open, your team is better off without him....MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Amount of money we spent in Bozeman in November 2003: $0 :lol:

Amount spent on Griz/Bobcat tickets to spend a freezing afternoon skating and sitting on ice while dodging snowballs and insults from bobcat fans: $ 70 :eek:

To be lectured to by a bobcat fan on the way Griz fans treat their team players (present and past) PRICELESS :fist:

ponezone said:

Amount spent on Griz/Bobcat tickets to spend a freezing afternoon skating and sitting on ice while dodging snowballs and insults from bobcat fans: $ 70 :eek:

To be lectured to by a bobcat fan on the way Griz fans treat their team players (present and past) PRICELESS :fist:

Do people still think they are clever when they do this... or that it is even still funny?

please

GavinDonuts said:
ponezone said:

Do people still think they are clever when they do this... or that it is even still funny?

please

Please go somewhere else......

:roll:

I have checked in on your new site a few times..... <yawnnnnnnnnn> not exactly the most original thoughts coming out of the Bobcat fans......lose the superior attitude.

Go GRIZ!

Relax Griz fans, 2 wins brought the cat fans out of the closet. They've had better part of 2 decades to dredge up all their frustrations and Griz envy and now feel license to have it dribble out of their mouths as gospel when in reality it is more likely the end result of their s**t fetish...

Long pause...(insert clever cat reply here, with quotes from above) :cry:

lumberbroker said:

I have checked in on your new site a few times..... <yawnnnnnnnnn> not exactly the most original thoughts coming out of the Bobcat fans......lose the superior attitude.

Go GRIZ!

Hmmm... I guess I'm supposed to get all mad that you made fun of the MSU website? I know it's slow, why do you think I'm over here? I'm interested in the griz just as much as you are, if not for a different reason.

Stop being such a baby, and don't talk to me about superior attitude. That is utterly laughable coming from a griz fan.

It takes tough skin to post on this board... didn't think I'd have to tell any of you that.

waahhh!

Happy Monday :x

Hey Cat Fans,

As Arnold would say "Stick around!"

I like your new found confident attitude. It makes the rilvary more interesting. I've read Griz fans putting you guys down for years and years while the winning streak added up. Some pretty nasty stuff with little to no respect. Since the streak has been broken the remarks have calmed down quite a bit and I've also noticed you guys are more willing to discuss football and are less defensive.

Agreed, very good post by Ronbo. Having a great rivalry makes it all that more special I think. Montana should be proud that we have such a great RIVALRY. Even Tony Moss is coming around/starting to give us props for how intense the rivalry is. I think its great!

GavinDonuts said:
lumberbroker said:

Go GRIZ!

Hmmm... I guess I'm supposed to get all mad that you made fun of the MSU website? I know it's slow, why do you think I'm over here? I'm interested in the griz just as much as you are, if not for a different reason.

Stop being such a baby, and don't talk to me about superior attitude. That is utterly laughable coming from a griz fan.

It takes tough skin to post on this board... didn't think I'd have to tell any of you that.

waahhh!

Happy Monday :x

No you are not supposed to get mad....and stick around all you want.....sorry I did not make the sarcasm ring through loud and clear....in the tone of your post...I thought it (sarcasm) would be understood donut man....but seriously no big deal here.

I trade lumber for a living...pretty thick skin on this side of the keyboard.

:wink:

Waaaaaaaaa :p back at ya

Go Griz!

See all you cat fans November 20th

GoodGodGriz: I still don't believe we should have lights at Wash -Grizz and now with the budget crunch.............

Back