• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Akoh

AZGrizFan said:
Let’s say Griz don’t lose again—get this train really rollin’ and have this small ball 7-seconds-or-less thing really figured out. They get to the tourney and Akoh is ready to come back....what then? do you mess with chemistry and bring him back?

I think you have too. His size will be needed in the tourney.

I think Akoh is keeping himself out, to make sure his knee heals for the future. If he came back, of course, he would be played.

What a dumb question.

PlayerRep said:
I think Akoh is keeping himself out, to make sure his knee heals for the future. If he came back, of course, he would be played.

What a dumb question.

Why is it a dumb question, PR? We've won 10 in a row. If we go into the conference on a 16-17 game winning streak and are playing lights out small ball you don't think trying to suddenly go back to our original style is going to cause any problems?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

What a dumb question.

Why is it a dumb question, PR? We've won 10 in a row. If we go into the conference on a 16-17 game winning streak and are playing lights out small ball you don't think trying to suddenly go back to our original style is going to cause any problems?

My wife thinks the same way and it does have merit but he would play in limited action.

I'd like to think we could better blend more small ball that we have had the last few weeks with the Akoh style we had before. He could rest for longer stretches this way and we can put in the shooters at that point and give them a good long run.

It could be a blessing in disguise. We're obviously better with Jamar playing, but the last few weeks should give the team plenty of confidence they can play without him should he get in foul trouble.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What a dumb question.

Proofread much?

I said exactly what I meant to say. "He would be played--by the coaches."

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What a dumb question.

Proofread much?

So to take this brilliant observation and meaningful post one step further are we to assume that if he doesn't come back he won't be played by the coaches?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What a dumb question.

Proofread much?

So to take this brilliant observation and meaningful post one step further are we to assume that if he doesn't come back he won't be played by the coaches?

Why don’t you just read what I have posted, and what AZ asked. He asked whether Akoh would be put back into the mix if he was able to play and decided to play, assuming the new rotation without him was on a roll. I responded that if he came back he would be played by the coaches (and they would not leave him on the bench).

Now I see why you try to focus on looking for typos. You either can’t read and comprehend or you don’t understand the game, or both. Try making a substantive sports post sometime.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

What a dumb question.

See my above post. Akoh is way to valuable and good, not to be starting if he were to be available to play. I felt that way before last night, and still do.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
Proofread much?

Why don’t you just read what I have posted, and what AZ asked. He asked whether Akoh would be put back into the mix if he was able to play and decided to play, assuming the new rotation without him was on a roll. I responded that if he came back he would be played by the coaches (and they would not leave him on the bench).

Now I see why you try to focus on looking for typos. You either can’t read and comprehend or you don’t understand the game, or both. Try making a substantive sports post sometime.

You forgot that you also responded that it was a dumb question. :roll:

IF Akoh is available, they’d better work him in the last couple games of the regular season...otherwise, I think it’s gonna upset the apple cart if they try to suddenly flip a switch and go back to that style of play while simultaously trying to win the tourney.

We need Akoh for rebounding and interior defense. Our defense is better with him. We're also more diversified on offense with him.

Here's a dumb question...will he be back for the Big Sky tournament? Because if not...Griz won't make it out of the 1st round...of the Big sky tournament that is.

emilsson_2000 said:
Here's a dumb question...will he be back for the Big Sky tournament? Because if not...Griz won't make it out of the 1st round...of the Big sky tournament that is.

I agree, good chance on one and done without him. They look bad the last 3 games especially tonight.

HookedonGriz said:
emilsson_2000 said:

I agree, good chance on one and done without him. They look bad the last 3 games especially tonight.

Has he even played half the games ?

fanofzoo said:
HookedonGriz said:
emilsson_2000 said:

What difference does it make - when your hurt your hurt! When playing sports unfortunately injuries happen & cheap shots happen!

Dillon said:
fanofzoo said:
HookedonGriz said:
emilsson_2000 said:

What difference does it make - when your hurt your hurt! When playing sports unfortunately injuries happen & cheap shots happen!

Similarly, when you choose to quit you quit. He is Jeremy Calhoun of the basketball team. Yes, initially he did get hurt which caused him to miss games However, his injury at its worst is under 5 weeks for recovery.

Igotgoodsources said:
Dillon said:
fanofzoo said:
HookedonGriz said:

Similarly, when you choose to quit you quit. He is Jeremy Calhoun of the basketball team. Yes, initially he did get hurt which caused him to miss games However, his injury at its worst is under 5 weeks for recovery.

That's a dumb statement. Dumbest post of the thread. Nothing personal. Have you ever had a meniscus tear? I have. It's painful and requires PT. There are different kinds of tears. He's an athlete who is a member of the team, and would not quit on his team. He'd be playing now if he could. Where do you get you're information from? Teenagers? Sheesh!

Back