• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Akoh

EverettGriz said:
Cobb will get the job if TDC gets hi...hir...hired a...awa...

Can’t even make myself say it.

Debbie Downer here but you know it's going to happen, fu#k.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
EverettGriz said:

That's also assuming Cobb would want the gig as well.
He’s basically said that he does. Said it would have to be a crazy unbelievable opportunity to leave UM at this point. He knows he can win here.

fanofzoo said:
EverettGriz said:

Sadly, yes I do. If only we were in a real conference....

#bsc

EverettGriz said:
fanofzoo said:
EverettGriz said:

#bsc

If only we were in the Pac12 we wouldn't lose our coaches to the Pac 12....but any other Western conference team (except Gonzaga) would. Big Sky Conference isn't the reason we lose coaches to Pac12 teams.

Mousegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
fanofzoo said:
EverettGriz said:

#bsc

If only we were in the Pac12 we wouldn't lose our coaches to the Pac 12....but any other Western conference team (except Gonzaga) would. Big Sky Conference isn't the reason we lose coaches to Pac12 teams.
No, it’s because UM is in the Big Sky Conference.

Weren't we talking about coach being hired away last year at this time or maybe a bit later and then signed a long term contract extn?

NativeGriz said:
Weren't we talking about coach being hired away last year at this time or maybe a bit later and then signed a long term contract extn?

Doesn't matter. UM would allow him out for some type of buyout...and big school would pay it.

Mousegriz said:
NativeGriz said:

Doesn't matter. UM would allow him out for some type of buyout...and big school would pay it.
What I meant by that, it will take a pretty damn good offer to draw him away from UM. It would have to be at least Pac 12 and even the Pac12 isn't exactly top tier lately. But if it becomes about money, well then we don't have much of a chance to keep him.

if he needs surgery on it....most likely the kid is done sadly. They say 4-6 weeks. most people with a meniscus surgery are in a lock brace or atleast on crutches for 3-4 weeks. Then PT. even minor tears can take people around 2-3 months to get back to comfort level. There is only 3 weeks until the tourney. time to play small and run

Let’s say Griz don’t lose again—get this train really rollin’ and have this small ball 7-seconds-or-less thing really figured out. They get to the tourney and Akoh is ready to come back....what then? do you mess with chemistry and bring him back?

That would be the $64,000.00 question. I’m not even sure Travis could answer that now. A lot would depend on matchups. Being out for 4 to 6 weeks would have an effect on his conditioning as well since he can’t put a lot of weight on it. If ready I think he would do well coming off the bench and being limited to around 15/18 minutes total.

Back