• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Aggies coming to town

Aggies916 said:
Aggies have made it to Missoula. Hopefully this time tomorrow they will be winning by double digits.

Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing.-Hope-can-drive-a-man-insane..jpg

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies 691, if you are looking at coming to the Missoula area for the game, I am the one-stop shop for restaurant recommendations.

Restaurants:
-Italian
Hit up the Johnny Carino's on North Reserve for some really good pasta and babadaboopi.

-Mexican
There are several Taco Bell locations around the area. Check out the Mexican Pizza option at the one near campus. IDK if it's unique to Missoula, but it's definitely worth a look.

-American
The Applebee's on South Reserve has you covered. I don't think I've ever exprienced a more diverse menu. From wings, to boneless wings, to freshly-thawed fish, this place has it all. Get there early.

-Burgers
The famous double pepperjack burger at the Montana Club on Brooks will let you know what all the locals talk about. It's an institution.

-Peruvian
If you're a Peruvian foodie like me, you'll be happy to know the Cracker Barrell up on North Reserve serves up some of the tastiest cheesy biscuits and gravy this side of Lima.

Let me know if you have other questions! I hope you really like Missoula!

One of my go-to moves (when I'm looking to save a few sheckles, but unwilling to sacrifice ambiance) is the chicken bake at Costco. Consistently excellent! :thumb:
Always a good choice when you want to take the lady for a fancy meal that doesn't break the bank.
CDANote: I just booked a family vaca to Kirkland for next summer. I told the wife and kids I booked Aulani Resort. They are going to be so excited when I spring this surprise on them!

Great wing joints in and around Kirkland. While in Kirkland, make sure you take the family to Pub 85. By this coming summer they should be able to restock all the IPAs that EG drank them out of this fall. :thumb:

Thanks for the tip. Pub 85 is on the itinerary for sure! The fam is going to be super stoked when they have the chance to enjoy four hours of Shadel IPAs with me while I grind out the money line on some early June weekday M's baseball. The outcome will determine the rest of the vacation. What's not to like?!
CDANote: As it turns out, the Brand moved the mothership to Issaquah some time ago. The Kirkland Motel 6 is giving me hell on canceling the reservation and moving it to Issaquah. Something about the "$79.99 dollar rate clearly stated it was non-refundable". Whatever. K-Land awaits. I will report all developments.

Yukon said:
Mavman said:
AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
Maier is going to abuse our secondary and weak coverage schemes. He may throw for 400. If we are within 2 scores I’ll be surprised. It is what it is. I’ll still be there screaming for a miracle

:agree:

Romo was going to come in and destroy the Griz, so was wentz, so was Cookus, so was the Stephen F Austin qb. None of them did! Go Griz!!!!!
To be fair, Cookus got booted in the first quarter.

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/926952483892600832

To be fair, he shouldn't have cheated if he wanted to stay in the game. His antics afterward on the main stage didn't help anything. Bitch Baby Cookus.

CDANote: Going all in with the sale to the fam on Aulani Resort. They are cheering and looking it up online. Kids are running around like wild animals talking about water slides. Wife is starting some sort of "Beach Body" exercise DVDs. Can't wait to surprise them!

Aggies916 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:
Aggies have made it to Missoula. Hopefully this time tomorrow they will be winning by double digits.

Welp, there goes the shutout.

You thought this game would be a shut out? We will see I guess...

Yeah, that's excatly what I wrote. You guys weren't kidding about thems UC fancy book learning types. Them can all read good and do other stuff good too.

PlayerRep said:
Aggies916 said:
PlayerRep said:
Aggies916 said:
Are you all scared yet? Good luck on Saturday. :cool:

Are you scared yet?

Of my certain death? Sure.

Of the 2018 Montana Grizzlies coming off a bye week in Washington Grizzly Stadium? Not really.

How many wins does Davis have in Griz stadium? How many losses?

How many wins over the Griz?

We will see how your team does in a loud stadium, with people close to the field. Assume the Stanford crowd of 30,000 wasn't very loud or worried. Nor the 12,000 at San Jose St.

Nice wins over San Jose St (hasn't won a game), San Diego, Idaho, Northern Colo (finally won a game yesterday), Idaho St (in OT), and CP.

Contrary to popular opinion we've seen too many teams who were energized by the Wa-Griz atmosphere and actually wound up playing over their heads.

Silvertip said:
PlayerRep said:
Aggies916 said:
PlayerRep said:
Are you scared yet?

Of my certain death? Sure.

Of the 2018 Montana Grizzlies coming off a bye week in Washington Grizzly Stadium? Not really.

How many wins does Davis have in Griz stadium? How many losses?

How many wins over the Griz?

We will see how your team does in a loud stadium, with people close to the field. Assume the Stanford crowd of 30,000 wasn't very loud or worried. Nor the 12,000 at San Jose St.

Nice wins over San Jose St (hasn't won a game), San Diego, Idaho, Northern Colo (finally won a game yesterday), Idaho St (in OT), and CP.

Contrary to popular opinion we've seen too many teams who were energized by the Wa-Griz atmosphere and actually wound up playing over their heads.

And that's exactly what today's visitor needs to do. Play over their heads.

CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:

Welp, there goes the shutout.

You thought this game would be a shut out? We will see I guess...

Yeah, that's excatly what I wrote. You guys weren't kidding about thems UC fancy book learning types. Them can all read good and do other stuff good too.

I guess those guys weren't kidding.

Back