• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Aggies coming to town

grizeyes said:
AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
Maier is going to abuse our secondary and weak coverage schemes. He may throw for 400. If we are within 2 scores I’ll be surprised. It is what it is. I’ll still be there screaming for a miracle
:agree:
Don't know about that. At the 5:10 mark, give or take, of the Big Sky Breakdown, BH says looking at the UC Davis depth chart, Johnson(?) is listed as the starter this weekend, not Maier. ?

Aggie fan here, looking forward to a great game Saturday. Maier is playing for sure. Hawkins doesn't set "depth charts". He puts the guys on the 2 deep in alphabetical order for some reason.

AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:
Maier is going to abuse our secondary and weak coverage schemes. He may throw for 400. If we are within 2 scores I’ll be surprised. It is what it is. I’ll still be there screaming for a miracle

Romo was going to come in and destroy the Griz, so was wentz, so was Cookus, so was the Stephen F Austin qb. None of them did! Go Griz!!!!!

Mavman said:
AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:

Romo was going to come in and destroy the Griz, so was wentz, so was Cookus, so was the Stephen F Austin qb. None of them did! Go Griz!!!!!

Quick, someone lure their entire team to Reds.

This is the most entertaining season at Davis I've followed (since '04). Every week from here on out we get to see if this program is for real. Constantly having to prove yourself is a powerful thing.

San Jose State is trash this year, and Spartan Stadium is an easy place to play. I don't care what Montana's record is this year, a win at Wa-Griz Saturday would be our 1st big boy win.

This Aggie fan is confident in his team and Dan Hawkins / Tim Plough. This Aggie fan also has no clue how his team is going to play at Wa-Griz. Davis is either going to show up and romp, or we are in for a surprise.

It is not lost on me that Davis is a 27 yard FG vs. ISU from being 5-2, making this a very different match-up. Go Ags.

SochorField said:
This is the most entertaining season at Davis I've followed (since '04). Every week from here on out we get to see if this program is for real. Constantly having to prove yourself is a powerful thing.

San Jose State is trash this year, and Spartan Stadium is an easy place to play. I don't care what Montana's record is this year, a win at Wa-Griz Saturday would be our 1st big boy win.

This Aggie fan is confident in his team and Dan Hawkins / Tim Plough. This Aggie fan also has no clue how his team is going to play at Wa-Griz. Davis is either going to show up and romp, or we are in for a surprise.

It is not lost on me that Davis is a 27 yard FG vs. ISU from being 5-2, making this a very different match-up. Go Ags.

I think your first big boy win was against Idaho State.

CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:
I am looking forward to the game. Hopefully your team used the bye week to figure out how not to fumble.

Aggies 691, if you are looking at coming to the Missoula area for the game, I am the one-stop shop for restaurant recommendations.

Restaurants:
-Italian
Hit up the Johnny Carino's on North Reserve for some really good pasta and babadaboopi.

-Mexican
There are several Taco Bell locations around the area. Check out the Mexican Pizza option at the one near campus. IDK if it's unique to Missoula, but it's definitely worth a look.

-American
The Applebee's on South Reserve has you covered. I don't think I've ever exprienced a more diverse menu. From wings, to boneless wings, to freshly-thawed fish, this place has it all. Get there early.

-Burgers
The famous double pepperjack burger at the Montana Club on Brooks will let you know what all the locals talk about. It's an institution.

-Peruvian
If you're a Peruvian foodie like me, you'll be happy to know the Cracker Barrell up on North Reserve serves up some of the tastiest cheesy biscuits and gravy this side of Lima.

Let me know if you have other questions! I hope you really like Missoula!

You forgot to mention those delicious “all beef” corn dogs available at every Town Pump location!

Hammer said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:
I am looking forward to the game. Hopefully your team used the bye week to figure out how not to fumble.

Aggies 691, if you are looking at coming to the Missoula area for the game, I am the one-stop shop for restaurant recommendations.

Restaurants:
-Italian
Hit up the Johnny Carino's on North Reserve for some really good pasta and babadaboopi.

-Mexican
There are several Taco Bell locations around the area. Check out the Mexican Pizza option at the one near campus. IDK if it's unique to Missoula, but it's definitely worth a look.

-American
The Applebee's on South Reserve has you covered. I don't think I've ever exprienced a more diverse menu. From wings, to boneless wings, to freshly-thawed fish, this place has it all. Get there early.

-Burgers
The famous double pepperjack burger at the Montana Club on Brooks will let you know what all the locals talk about. It's an institution.

-Peruvian
If you're a Peruvian foodie like me, you'll be happy to know the Cracker Barrell up on North Reserve serves up some of the tastiest cheesy biscuits and gravy this side of Lima.

You forgot to mention those delicious “all beef” corn dogs available at every Town Pump location!

Very good point. My mistake.

CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:

Restaurants:
-Italian

-Mexican

-American

-Burgers

-Peruvian

One of my go-to moves (when I'm looking to save a few sheckles, but unwilling to sacrifice ambiance) is the chicken bake at Costco. Consistently excellent! :thumb:

Mavman said:
AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:

I think wentz did o.k. passed for almost 200 yards, and 2 touchdowns ran for another 70 and 2 more rushing touchdowns solid overall game.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:

Restaurants:
-Italian

-Mexican

-American

-Burgers

-Peruvian

One of my go-to moves (when I'm looking to save a few sheckles, but unwilling to sacrifice ambiance) is the chicken bake at Costco. Consistently excellent! :thumb:
Always a good choice when you want to take the lady for a fancy meal that doesn't break the bank.
CDANote: I just booked a family vaca to Kirkland for next summer. I told the wife and kids I booked Aulani Resort. They are going to be so excited when I spring this surprise on them!

CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:

Restaurants:
-Italian

-Mexican

-American

-Burgers

-Peruvian

Always a good choice when you want to take the lady for a fancy meal that doesn't break the bank.
CDANote: I just booked a family vaca to Kirkland for next summer. I told the wife and kids I booked Aulani Resort. They are going to be so excited when I spring this surprise on them!

Yep, and here's a little insider's tip: the chicken caesar salad isn't exactly dog shit either.

Man, that trip to K-Land is gonna be sweet! Hope that wife of yours knows what she has in you...

Mavman said:
AZDoc said:
HookedonGriz said:

To be fair, Cookus got booted in the first quarter.

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/926952483892600832

CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Aggies916 said:

Restaurants:
-Italian

-Mexican

-American

-Burgers

-Peruvian

Great wing joints in and around Kirkland. While in Kirkland, make sure you take the family to Pub 85. By this coming summer they should be able to restock all the IPAs that EG drank them out of this fall. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Restaurants:
-Italian

-Mexican

-American

-Burgers

-Peruvian

Great wing joints in and around Kirkland. While in Kirkland, make sure you take the family to Pub 85. By this coming summer they should be able to restock all the IPAs that EG drank them out of this fall. :thumb:

Spoke recently with Michelle, the owner of Pub 85. Said she is planning to name an IPA after me. Said she hadn't fully landed on the name yet, but was leaning toward "The Shadel IPA".

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

Spoke recently with Michelle, the owner of Pub 85. Said she is planning to name an IPA after me. Said she hadn't fully landed on the name yet, but was leaning toward "The Shadel IPA".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It even matches with your early 2000's, short lived gangster rap cover band, Slim Shadel & the Schicks

How about: "I Hate Big Sky IPA"? if it's going to be named after Everett.

Or, "Move Up IPA"?

Or, "Windmill Chaser IPA"?

Back