• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Adam Eastwood Article

daGrizJ said:
There is a beer at one of the Bozeman breweries called "Fumble One The One".

I would have NEVER known that, as I don't stop in Bozeman. That puts the fumble in the legendary category, especially from the scat point of view. Probably sells pretty good.

tourist said:
daGrizJ said:

I would have NEVER known that, as I don't stop in Bozeman. That puts the fumble in the legendary category, especially from the scat point of view. Probably sells pretty good.

Maybe Missoula can make one “16 years of hell”

braves84 said:
grizindabox said:
tourist said:
He will go down in Griz-cat lore as the guy who fumbled the ball to the cats and lost the game in '18, in WGS. They call it 'The Stuff.' Not matter what else he accomplished last year, or whatever he will accomplish in his next three years, he will be known for the fumble. 30 years from now nobody will know who the guard was, but the name Eastwood will live on. If he ever manages to fumble again, (god, I hope that never happens)I would predict an audible groan wherever the game is played.

Geoff Groschelle, kicker for the cats got credit for the last second Griz victory in '97, in Bozeman, by kicking the ball out of bounds. Totally on him, no guard to share the blame with. Doesn't matter how many field goals, extra points, or deep and no return kickoffs he managed to accomplish in his years. He is well thought of on BN, but is and will forever be known as the guy who set up the last second heroics.

Eastwood has three years to chisel his legacy, Rushmore-esque I hope. He has certainly put up a large obstacle in his path.

True. I only remember Chase Reynolds for "the fumble" too.

You can't even compare the reynolds fumble and eastwoods.two different scenarios entirely, for one Reynolds fumbled in the 3rd quarter and Montana had plenty of opportunities to win after it .with the Eastwood one it was Montana's last offensive play and all msu had to do was take an obligatory kneel down and the game was over. Big, big differences.

Don't understand why a critical late fumble is so different or worse than a critical early fumble. I can understand why some people would remember it better.

To your statement that that Montana had plenty of opportunities to win after an early fumble, I would say that Montana had plenty of opportunities to win before a late fumble.

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
grizindabox said:
tourist said:
He will go down in Griz-cat lore as the guy who fumbled the ball to the cats and lost the game in '18, in WGS. They call it 'The Stuff.' Not matter what else he accomplished last year, or whatever he will accomplish in his next three years, he will be known for the fumble. 30 years from now nobody will know who the guard was, but the name Eastwood will live on. If he ever manages to fumble again, (god, I hope that never happens)I would predict an audible groan wherever the game is played.

Geoff Groschelle, kicker for the cats got credit for the last second Griz victory in '97, in Bozeman, by kicking the ball out of bounds. Totally on him, no guard to share the blame with. Doesn't matter how many field goals, extra points, or deep and no return kickoffs he managed to accomplish in his years. He is well thought of on BN, but is and will forever be known as the guy who set up the last second heroics.

Eastwood has three years to chisel his legacy, Rushmore-esque I hope. He has certainly put up a large obstacle in his path.

You can't even compare the reynolds fumble and eastwoods.two different scenarios entirely, for one Reynolds fumbled in the 3rd quarter and Montana had plenty of opportunities to win after it .with the Eastwood one it was Montana's last offensive play and all msu had to do was take an obligatory kneel down and the game was over. Big, big differences.

Don't understand why a critical late fumble is so different or worse than a critical early fumble. I can understand why some people would remember it better.

To your statement that that Montana had plenty of opportunities to win after an early fumble, I would say that Montana had plenty of opportunities to win before a late fumble.
Fair enough.

I don't believe any poster on here has been as critical of Eastwood as I. However, I want the young man to become a superstar more than anyone. To say his fumble is worse than any other fumble last season is just plain wrong! A turnover is turnover no matter when it happens!
Let last years learning season be just what it was and move on to bigger and better this season!
Let's just all hope we have a running game this year again...

Go Griz!

cclarkblues said:
daGrizJ said:

Was "Fumble On The One" already taken?

Name of the beer is "Fumble on the One", and it is made by a brewery in Missoula (..It is a bet between MAP brewing and some brewery in Missoula, can't remember name). The loser of the bet has to make a beer for the winner...

SACCAT66 said:
cclarkblues said:
daGrizJ said:

Was "Fumble On The One" already taken?

Name of the beer is "Fumble on the One", and it is made by a brewery in Missoula (..It is a bet between MAP brewing and some brewery in Missoula, can't remember name). The loser of the bet has to make a beer for the winner...

You can bet that I won't be serving this beer at my tailgate....

SACCAT66 said:

Now THAT is an absolute HOOT! :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder what other dominoes have fallen out there?

tourist said:
SACCAT66 said:

Now THAT is an absolute HOOT! :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder what other dominoes have fallen out there?

Here is a Quote from the MAP Brewing website...

We love a little friendly competition, especially when it’s in our favor. Each fall, our friends at Draught Works Brewing in Missoula, MT challenge us to a “Brew of the Wild” challenge, and we’ve come out ahead for the second year in a row. (#sorrynotsorry about that fumble on the one)

This IPA is light bodied and crisp, with a little bit of tropical hop aroma, and a little bit of that piney dank hop flavor for a nice balance between old-school and new-school IPAs. And when it’s up to the Montana schools, well, all we can say is Go Cats Go!!

grizindabox said:
tourist said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah. That was an epic dumb take. :? :?

reinell30 said:
I don't believe any poster on here has been as critical of Eastwood as I. However, I want the young man to become a superstar more than anyone. To say his fumble is worse than any other fumble last season is just plain wrong! A turnover is turnover no matter when it happens!
Let last years learning season be just what it was and move on to bigger and better this season!

Go Griz!

This. Last years learning season will also be a major motivator. Losing is painful. Losing to a team who you should have beat is even more painful. If the Griz have a running game this year - they will be damn tough to beat. Very few people talk about the receiving corps. In a word. LOADED. Fumbles hurt in several games last year. Hope they learned their lesson and move on.

Did anyone see a play last year where they thought wow that kid is good? I'm at a loss as to who is going to provide a running game this year.

Copper Griz said:
reinell30 said:

Go Griz!

This. Last years learning season will also be a major motivator. Losing is painful. Losing to a team who you should have beat is even more painful. If the Griz have a running game this year - they will be damn tough to beat. Very few people talk about the receiving corps. In a word. LOADED. Fumbles hurt in several games last year. Hope they learned their lesson and move on.

Great to have a loaded receiving crew, but will Sneed hit the open man?

BillingsMafia said:
Did anyone see a play last year where they thought wow that kid is good? I'm at a loss as to who is going to provide a running game this year.

You bet! I saw a few flashes of awesome potential. He caught the ball out of the backfield better than the last number of running backs we’ve had here. He started trucking DBs as well and got better as the season went along. His final stats from the yards per carry to total yards to touchdowns were pretty damn good considering all we did was bitch about our offensive Line.

PeauxRouge said:
Copper Griz said:
reinell30 said:

Go Griz!

Why wouldn't Sneed hit the open man? He was second in the conference in completion percentage last year, at 62.8%. That was 11th in the nation.

He was tied for the fewest interceptions of any qb in the conference, excluding those who threw under 90 times. He was 2d in conference in interceptions per throw of any qb in the conference, excluding qb's with under 90 throws.

Maier was first in both of those categories.

PeauxRouge said:
Copper Griz said:
reinell30 said:

Go Griz!

He will if it's the first read! LOL

poorgriz said:
PeauxRouge said:
Copper Griz said:
reinell30 said:

Go Griz!

He will if it's the first read! LOL

He's not a first read guy, and anyone who indicates that doesn't have a clue about football. 11th in nation in completion percentage and low interception rate. And all of this without a strong o-line.

This site should set up a section that allows only posters with at least a minimum amount of football knowledge.

Back