• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A WTH from North Dakota State

mthoopsfan said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
A kid also has to get approval from the school he/she is in in order to enter the portal or the receiving school runs into compliance issues down the road that'll take the NCAA a couple of weeks to clear it up.

I'd tell the disgruntled kids to keep the hell off social media because the coaching staff will usually help find another staff that's a better fit for their skill set. The six kids who left MSU last year are classic examples of finding the right fit for kids. Sessions is the only one who transferred to a bad situation but realistically, how many years is Cal worth a damn?

I thought the whole point of the Portal was that the player didn't need any permission from his school. I would doubt that the next schoo has the issue you said it would.

This point should be researched.

Here's a little bit about this; it's critical the losing school's compliance officer takes their due diligence and watches out for the kid who wants out. There's already been several kids who erroneously thought they'd been entered into the portal correctly, the courses were entered wrong and didn't transfer, and some who were not even entered into the portal.

https://honestgame.com/2022/03/09/ncaa-transfer-portal/

Britton Pascoe (DB) — North Dakota State
DJ Hart (WR) — North Dakota State
Dominic Gonnella (RB) — North Dakota State
Marques Sigle (DB) — North Dakota State
Nathan Goldade (RB) — North Dakota State
Phoenix Sproles (WR) — North Dakota State (Committed to JMU)

Back