• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

37 Legacy

Holy crap. The “Birther” conspiracies have permeated Griz football!

Despite the ambiguity, Robby getting the 37 jersey would be pretty cool.

kemajic said:
Robby has a lot of non-Montana in his background. No MT HS would seem to be a killer.
I have always thought that the main requirement was graduating from a Montana high school. Robby definitely did NOT do that. In my opinion, that fact disqualifies him.

'68griz said:
kemajic said:
Robby has a lot of non-Montana in his background. No MT HS would seem to be a killer.
I have always thought that the main requirement was graduating from a Montana high school. Robby definitely did NOT do that. In my opinion, that fact disqualifies him.

You know, you two have an excellent point. Everyone seems to be hung up on born here or not, but really, he spent much of his football upbringing out of state, be it in Las Vegas or San Diego. If he were chosen given that background, it would really cheapen the legacy no matter how well he would rep the legacy.

I think we need to get a definitive ruling on this. Conception is what I've always heard, then, there are the birthers, now we have the gradders/backgrounders. Should we discriminate against one who was conceived here, but not born? Born, but not conceived? Conceived, but not graduated. Graduated, but not with a background? Background, but not born? Graduated, but not conceived? Background, but not graduated? Born, but not graduated? Is this a tradition that should be given to someone who has given his all to UM Football?

CDAGRIZ said:
I think we need to get a definitive ruling on this. Conception is what I've always heard, then, there are the birthers, now we have the gradders/backgrounders. Should we discriminate against one who was conceived here, but not born? Born, but not conceived? Conceived, but not graduated. Graduated, but not with a background? Background, but not born? Graduated, but not conceived? Background, but not graduated? Born, but not graduated? Is this a tradition that should be given to someone who has given his all to UM Football?

Yes.

It’s going to be Hauck.

Jace Lewis is very deserving, either one would be a great choice. Jesse’s the best 37 in Montana this season. Just like Kidder was as a junior, that point of the line never moves backwards. He’s eating two blockers each and every down. State ags 37 was a complete non-factor against SacSta.

OK, the article seems to make it sound like the number will not make a return to the offensive side of the ball, but if it did, who on the current roster could you see wearing it on that side of the ball? How about all time?

I think the most obvious choice from past teams would have been Chase Reynolds...

I believe you have to go with where Robby Hauck was ACTUALLY CONCEIVED! Mr. and Mrs. Bobby Hauck were visiting Montana at the exact same time Robby came to be! Case Closed! That makes him eligible to wear # 37! But the real question is when does life actually begin?
We better get the Supreme Court involved!

PeauxRouge said:
OK, the article seems to make it sound like the number will not make a return to the offensive side of the ball, but if it did, who on the current roster could you see wearing it on that side of the ball? How about all time?

I think the most obvious choice from past teams would have been Chase Reynolds...
Or Mark Mariani...

Dillon said:
I believe you have to go with where Robby Hauck was ACTUALLY CONCEIVED! Mr. and Mrs. Bobby Hauck were visiting Montana at the exact same time Robby came to be! Case Closed! That makes him eligible to wear # 37! But the real question is when does life actually begin?

@ 40, of course.

bgbigdog said:
Dillon said:

@ 40, of course.
you mean @37 right?

Parents of potential #37s will need to start keeping excellent documentation, including ultrasound. It’s that important. We need to get this right.

PeauxRouge said:

If Sneed were Montanan and had another year or two, he would be a great choice. Unfortunately he is a foreigner that plays like a Montana kid.

Back