• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BOTH 2024 Tourney Brackets

What's the deal with the tournament schedule? It seems like none of the games are starting when they're scheduled to start. I understand that things happen but at the same time someone should be able to design a better schedule so that things start relatively on time.

What's the deal with the tournament schedule? It seems like none of the games are starting when they're scheduled to start. I understand that things happen but at the same time someone should be able to design a better schedule so that things start relatively on time.
Yeah, I think the first game started at Noon(?) You'd think by now they'd build in more time in-between games, but still not much you can do when the previous game goes into overtime or goes quicker (thus leaving more dead time in between games).

Lady Griz have looked pretty impressive in their quarterfinal game against Idaho, leading 61-40 after three quarters. Should the Lady Griz pull off the win, Holsinger will get his much need first conference tournament and the NAU will await in the semifinals.

Lady Griz have looked pretty impressive in their quarterfinal game against Idaho, leading 61-40 after three quarters. Should the Lady Griz pull off the win, Holsinger will get his much need first conference tournament and the NAU will await in the semifinals.
Agreed but Idaho is starting to get pretty aggressive now. The ladies need to stay sharp and keep playing their game to hang on for the win.

Who woulda thunk it? The Griz are the "last men standing" among the top seeds, with the kitties knocking off the Weebs, 91-82. They actually had a bigger lead than that for a time, but WSU chipped it down a bit.

So the craziness continues. Griz just need to take care of business here in a bit. I know people say it's tough to beat the same team three times in the same season, but long-term stats show that's not actually true. Personally, I'll go with "we've got their number."

Meanwhile ... GO GRIZ!

... So the craziness continues. Griz just need to take care of business here in a bit. I know people say it's tough to beat the same team three times in the same season, but long-term stats show that's not actually true. Personally, I'll go with "we've got their number."

Meanwhile ... GO GRIZ!
All right, the Griz did take care of business. It occurred to me that "we've got their number" applies to both Idaho State and Montana State. If the kitties do their part, wouldn't it be sweet to have an all-Montana final?

I was happy, too, to see the Griz get some contributions from bench players like Williams and Jones. Williams hasn't impressed me much this season, but last night he did. Hustled and got some steals, rebounds, shots near the baskets. Still can't convert from outside, but thankfully Jones did hit a few outside buckets at critical moments.

Gonna continue to need bench contributions with two more games in next two days. That's pretty intense, and Griz can't do it with just six or seven players.

Interesting that Money Williams didn't play last night. Is Travis saving him? Or is his foot still hurting?

I was happy, too, to see the Griz get some contributions from bench players like Williams and Jones. Williams hasn't impressed me much this season, but last night he did. Hustled and got some steals, rebounds, shots near the baskets. Still can't convert from outside, but thankfully Jones did hit a few outside buckets at critical moments.

Gonna continue to need bench contributions with two more games in next two days. That's pretty intense, and Griz can't do it with just six or seven players.

Interesting that Money Williams didn't play last night. Is Travis saving him? Or is his foot still hurting?
Riley mentioned during the game, there was an injury set back. He didn't elaborate on it.

Riley mentioned during the game, there was an injury set back. He didn't elaborate on it.
Ugh. I noticed he wasn't even suited up. Hopefully it is a slight set-back and he'll be able to contribute a little because this year of eligibility for him is already burned.

He could in theory be shut down for the rest of the year and try for a medical ppeal, but I wouldn't bet any eggs, baskets or count chickens on the NCAA doing something reasonable with an appeal.

He saw some time in that Idaho State game and played a few minutes but gestured to come out. He never came back in. I think they were testing it and something didn't feel right. Just my perspective from what I saw.

Back