• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BOTH 2024 Tourney Brackets

DoubleNicks

Surprised these haven't been posted yet after the games finished last night (there also wasn't the normal story announcement on GoGriz.com or bigskyconf.com).

Men's
GH4ed1oXwAA3z3v

Women's
GH4adEvXcAEkJYT

I like the Lady Griz' side of the bracket.

Outside EWU, PSU is probably the worst matchup for the Griz in a first game (although Northern Colorado handled us twice also).

I was gonna post something yesterday, but then the whole site migration happened and I didn't get around to it. I think the Lady Griz have a pretty favorable path. They swept Idaho, split with NAU but I still think they can beat them, and were swept by Eastern but both games were really close. I think they can do it.

As far as the men, they have a pretty tough path. We struggled with all 3 of PSU, UNC, EWU. That being said, I think the men getting Money Williams back could make the difference. I definitely think with him back, we're the sleeper to win the whole thing. Plus I do think it's possible that Weber could beat Eastern, and I even see an outside chance of ISU beating UNC. Both of their games against each other were really close. Should be an exciting tournament!

Sac has been playing better lately. I would not be surprised to see them make a little noise. UI seems to have trown in the towel.

Saturday update:

WBB
#9 Weber State 62 - #10 Portland State 53
#7 Idaho State 55 - #8 Sac State 73

MBB
#9 Idaho 33 - #10 Sac State 37 currently just after half

Sac has been playing better lately. I would not be surprised to see them make a little noise. UI seems to have trown in the towel.
So far, so good. Might not survive halftime adjustments, but right now Sac State leads EWU, 35-32.

So far, so good. Might not survive halftime adjustments, but right now Sac State leads EWU, 35-32.
And the winner is ... Sac State Hornets, 74-69. It's amazing how many #1 seeds have gone down so far. And now they don't an automatic bid to the NIT. With their record, the Eags can probably go to one of the other post-season tournaments if they want to.

Now it's time to root on the Bengals.

And the winner is ... Sac State Hornets, 74-69. It's amazing how many #1 seeds have gone down so far. And now they don't get an automatic bid to the NIT. With their record, the Eags can probably go to one of the other post-season tournaments if they want to.

Now it's time to root on the Bengals.
This one I can Edit (to fix the missing "get") ... to correct or add info. Is there a time limit to when I can Edit? Or can I only Edit if no one has posted after me? I am totally confused.

Oooof losing again in the first round. Gonna look at the bright side in that we likely keep our coach for another year. I guess it's cool and all being able to say we were regular season champs but really there's not a lot of meaning to winning the regular season with the new tourney format.

I really didn't like our chances having to play against Weber or MSU though. Those were the two teams I feared the most going in. I'd rather have swapped seeds with UNC.

GRIZ and PSU will be interesting.
Fortunately, both teams can go 10 deep, if needed.

If Montana minimizes turnovers from their press, the GRIZ win.

Unfortunately, the winner will play back to back days, against a team with 1 day rest. I prefer the format of playing the women's games 1 day and the men's one day.

That gets rid of the days rest advantage.

GRIZ and PSU will be interesting.
Fortunately, both teams can go 10 deep, if needed.

If Montana minimizes turnovers from their press, the GRIZ win.

Unfortunately, the winner will play back to back days, against a team with 1 day rest. I prefer the format of playing the women's games 1 day and the men's one day.

That gets rid of the days rest advantage.
The whole point of that though is for it to be an advantage for the top 2 seeds. You can see now how the format can be flawed though. They’re trying to give the top 2 teams an extra day of rest and instead all it’s done so far is reward the crappy teams

Back