• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL 2024 Big Sky Conference Transfer Tracker

Be interesting to see if EWU's coach gets looked at for the Wazzu opening.
He's on the current coaching hot board listed as one of the top targets right now. Wazzu is a flat mess right now as their AD just left today to take the AD job at rival UW. What a gut punch for the Cougs. That would be the equivalent of Haslam going to the cats or Costello going to the Griz. The ultimate sign of betrayal lol

UNCo's JuJu Ramirez is also in the portal.

Rumors are flying that as many as 5 could be leaving EWU, and that is if their coach stays. There is a lot of movement yet to come. I expect 2 to 4 to be leaving NAU as well.
What players are you hearing could be leaving Eastern? Have you heard anything about us?

I just went out and read the EWU fan board and they were quoting a radio interview with someone close to the program. They listed their top 3 players along with a couple of other contributors as possible transfers. They were talking about Riley's ability to reload from the portal every year. There was nothing concrete, but I had heard the same rumors from some people in Weber's athletic dept. I feel that there is quite a bit of communication that goes on between programs within the BSC. Anyways, rumors are rumors untile the become fact. Better to wait for the facts before publicly spreading rumors and yet here I am spreading rumors.

Player types in the portal.

1) Player wants to transfer for potential playing time.
These players can see the writing on the wall. There are players ahead of them that will keep them on the bench for the rest of their time. They want to go to a program with less talent, where they will have a chance to shine. A prime example of this is Saint Thomas who starred at UNCo this year. At his previous school he never saw the floor.

2) Player wants to move up a notch. This can either be for better development or for the additional money that can come from NIL contracts. Another prime example of this is Saint Thomas. Makes a name for himself at UNCo and can now cash in on it.

3) Player is unhappy where they are. They think it may make them happy to be in a new location, with new people around them. Maybe it will and maybe it won't. They are taking a chance and the program that brings them in is as well.

4) Player is a problem child of some sort. No matter how good they are, the coach just doesn't want them around. Coach tells the player that they will not be renewed for the coming year. Chances are good that the problem child will continue to be a problem where ever they go.

5) Player is at the end of the bench, is not getting better, and has no chance to ever help the team. Sometimes, these are good kids and good students, just not good players. The coach tells them that they will not be renewed for the coming year. Every team has players like this. They will either move down or completely out of basketball. Coaches will often help them find a new home that fits their skill level. Sometimes, these players will be moving from a high major to a mid major, or a mid major to a D11/D111. Some of these players ultimately find out that they can't play at the lower level either.

When you are just looking at a list of players, it is hard to know what category they might fall in. Coaches need to do their homework on potential players, to have a better idea of what they may be getting. Even after the due dilligence, you are never 100% sure. People lie.

I just went out and read the EWU fan board and they were quoting a radio interview with someone close to the program. They listed their top 3 players along with a couple of other contributors as possible transfers. They were talking about Riley's ability to reload from the portal every year. There was nothing concrete, but I had heard the same rumors from some people in Weber's athletic dept. I feel that there is quite a bit of communication that goes on between programs within the BSC. Anyways, rumors are rumors untile the become fact. Better to wait for the facts before publicly spreading rumors and yet here I am spreading rumors.
Something new? I seem to remember you being adament about rumors when it involved players reputations that you smeared....Live and learn I guess....

With the fairly new addition of NIL, I think a lot of these players are sticking their finger in the wind to see if they can get a better (or any at all) NIL deal...Many, in my opinion, will return to the old school if they don't get an offer they like (if their old school still wants them). I'm afraid NIL has changed the game forever.

He's on the current coaching hot board listed as one of the top targets right now. Wazzu is a flat mess right now as their AD just left today to take the AD job at rival UW. What a gut punch for the Cougs. That would be the equivalent of Haslam going to the cats or Costello going to the Griz. The ultimate sign of betrayal lol
Yeah - I was born in western Washington, so I'm very familiar with the UW/Wazzu rivaly. The first time I saw the Griz play football on TV, I thought it was Wazzu because around that time Wazzu was using the "Cougars" script.

Yeah - I was born in western Washington, so I'm very familiar with the UW/Wazzu rivaly. The first time I saw the Griz play football on TV, I thought it was Wazzu because around that time Wazzu was using the "Cougars" script.
Here's the updated Washington State coaching hot board. You gotta scroll down past this first article to see it, but it's there and it wasn't paywalled for me. David Riley interviewed yesterday and is currently listed at #2. Decuire and Logie are both on it, but they're at the very bottom. Not even sure what either of their interest levels are for the job.

I've also seen 3 different articles that have suggested that Haslam is one of the top choices for AD at Wazzu. Could lead to some interesting discussion around here!

Three BSC coaches on their short list. All three could do a very good job with that program. One of the main criteria for this program is the ability to recruit to Pullman, a smaller town in eastern Washington. All three of our BSC coaches have recruited to similar towns and all three have familiarity with the region. If they choose to promote an assistant then it would be moot anyway. If they go outside, all three have a good chance. They say a choise will be made this weekend.

Rollie Worster is in the portal. Think there's any chance he comes home?
That would be a good pick up for the Griz. His 3 point shooting was down a bit at 27%, but all of his other numbers look good. He has his COVID year left to play. I think he will get a lot of attention in the transfer market.

Back