• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Official (14)Signed, (1)Verbal, (5)Transfers & (2) Known Offers

SinCityGriz2005 said:
AZGrizFan said:
It’s 8:28 am in Waxahatchie. Where the hell is Young’s paperwork??????

He isn’t signing with the Griz. I don’t have anything to base it on other than my instinct. Unless he is a full scholarship I bet money he stays in Texas.

Nope

SinCityGriz2005 said:
AZGrizFan said:
It’s 8:28 am in Waxahatchie. Where the hell is Young’s paperwork??????

He isn’t signing with the Griz. I don’t have anything to base it on other than my instinct. Unless he is a full scholarship I bet money he stays in Texas.

I thought you were leaving?

Paytonlives said:
Griz Addict said:
I'm not saying quantity is better. However the quality of players isn't that great and the quantity is low. So, if the quality isn't great I'd rather see quantity. If the quality is great, then it don't matter. If it was 10 really good players like Young, I'd be all for it. But, this is lackluster for sure.

So you can see into the future?

I'm pretty sure no one even knew who Dave Dickenson or Marc Mariani were.
Hell Mariani was a tennis player.

Give these kids a break and quit running them down

As someone who played with Mariani in high school I can honestly say there was never a doubt in my mind that he would be special at UM if they gave him a chance. He was literally a star in every sport. Basketball, tennis, football, ping pong. You name it. Him and Gary Wagner both were just stupid good at everything they did. As soon as he got his first rep as a starter I knew he was gonna blow the doors off UMs record books. He was special.

Paytonlives said:
SinCityGriz2005 said:

Nope

If you say nope on him staying in Texas I buy it. I talk a lot of smack, but there are certain people I don’t question and you are one of them.

Cool. Good get for the Griz.

Griz Addict said:
I'd be happy with 24 kids. We have obviously have a lot more needs. This class is not exciting. At all.

Addict, take your pill, dude....you and SinCity need to take your negative buls**t some place else. Let's let these boys enjoy their day in the limelight for just a few hours after all the hard work they put in to achieve this remarkable recognition before you backseat coaches impose your useless knowledge on their abilities..

birdieman said:
Griz Addict said:
I'd be happy with 24 kids. We have obviously have a lot more needs. This class is not exciting. At all.

Addict, take your pill, dude....you and SinCity need to take your negative buls**t some place else. Let's let these boys enjoy their day in the limelight for just a few hours after all the hard work they put in to achieve this remarkable recognition before you backseat coaches impose your useless knowledge on their abilities..

This

Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Buehler’s tweet disappeared.

It probably happened again. For some reason UM does not post the signings of walk-ons.

It's a bad way of doing things. I bet there is a rule about this, but other schools don't shy away.

If you are listening UM... you need to change this!

May be they were listening?
Post is back up

Paytonlives said:
Griz Addict said:
I'm not saying quantity is better. However the quality of players isn't that great and the quantity is low. So, if the quality isn't great I'd rather see quantity. If the quality is great, then it don't matter. If it was 10 really good players like Young, I'd be all for it. But, this is lackluster for sure.

So you can see into the future?

I'm pretty sure no one even knew who Dave Dickenson or Marc Mariani were.
Hell Mariani was a tennis player.

Give these kids a break and quit running them down

Im not breaking them down. I'm not saying they are going to be bad. I'm just saying for the quantity, only a handful stand out. How many do you think pan out? Usually every recruiting class, quite a few don't pan out. So let's say 4-5 players don't work out, that leaves us with 6-8 kids... we are fielding a football team... going to need a lot more players to work out. I feel like every recruiting class you should be bringing in at least 20 kids, which may happen come February. But, right now, it doesn't look promising. We need OL/DL/WR/DB in the worst kind of way. We need to bring in at least 2-3 kids in for each of those positions(prob need 3-4 dbs) then add in the need for qb, which none are proven.

All these kids could turn out fantastic but, the reality of that happening is like a 3% chance. Id just like to see more for those certain positions. You can't tell me you're satisfied with 11-14 kids in a year. But, things will look different come February. Right now I'd give this class a C+ - B-. If we bring in some big time dudes in February could go to a A-. All depends.

Just my 2 cents

Most likely to be a Griz
CB- Bilhal Kone 6' 2" 190 (Indiana State) (T 11/30/22) Visit 12/17
DB- (RJ) Ronald Jackson 6' 1" 200 (Akron) (T 12/16/22) 3 to play 3- Vist 12/16
TE/DE- Gabe Hoffman 6' 6" 250 (Eastside Catholic HS) Sammamish, WA (T 6/9/22) 3-Star -Visit 12/17

A 25% chance
DB- TJ Crandall 6'1" 185 (Skyline HS) Sammamish, WA (T 10/18/22) 3-Star
**WR- Micah Johnson 6' 2" 190 (Sunrise Mountain HS) Peoria, AZ (T 5/24/22) (San Jose State Offer) 3-Star
WR- Guillory Xavier 6' 3" 210 (Idaho State) (T 11/28/22) (Friday decision 12/23)
DB- Hunter I. Wiggins 6' 1" 190 (Lincoln HS) San Diego, CA (T 5/25/22) 3-Star (U of Indiana offer)

Extremely Doubtful
**ATH- Julian Lee 6' 5" 265 (North Thurston HS) Lacey, WA (T5/26/22) 3-Star (UCLA, Birds, Spuds, kitten Offers)
OL/DL Brandt Rice 6' 5" 285 (Wausau West HS) Wausau, WI (T5/18/22) 3-Star #5 ranked in WI (Has 17 offers)
OL/DL- Tyson Ruffins 6' 3" 310 (Long Beach Cal Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (T 5/17/22) 3-Star (Georgia Tech, Fresno, Nevada Offers)

Back