• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Official Griz Football Signing List

HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:
I'm curious to know who's "owning the state" so far. I like with the griz have in Montana kids but admittedly have no idea who the cats have signed. FTC!

I think it’s pretty even or leaning to the Griz. I’m sure Cats fans would say otherwise....haha. There’s no doubt Owens, Gradney, and Poetzl are 3 of the top 5 in the state. Owens is #1 in my book, he was the AA player of the year and all state on both sides of the ball, not to mention all state basketball. Bobby getting him over the cats and over playing hoops was recruiting genius. Getting Gradney who was a legacy Cat was impressive. Grabbing Simpson out of Bozeman with a bigger offer from the Cats was also solid recruiting and Simpson said as much. Poetzl was a top prize and both schools were after him hard. He was Vims preseason #1 but got hurt early. Tirrell is much better player than people realize and should be one of the top recruits.

Cats got some studs in Lonergan and Olson (would never be Griz) and Alex Johnson. I’m impressed with the QB Thelen, too. So it will be interesting to see where it all shakes out. No one absolutely dominated imo but the Griz did very, very good.

Griz did very well in-state this year. No question about it.

behappp said:
Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1075405318627020800

Have heard very little about Kris. Why?

Agree there wasn’t a lot of early hype. He started getting a lot of media attention during the season. He put up big numbers and led Bozeman to an undefeated season as well as a good playoff run. He was All State and a key piece for a very good bozeman team. I think he has a bright future. The potential is there.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:
I'm curious to know who's "owning the state" so far. I like with the griz have in Montana kids but admittedly have no idea who the cats have signed. FTC!

I think it’s pretty even or leaning to the Griz. I’m sure Cats fans would say otherwise....haha. There’s no doubt Owens, Gradney, and Poetzl are 3 of the top 5 in the state. Owens is #1 in my book, he was the AA player of the year and all state on both sides of the ball, not to mention all state basketball. Bobby getting him over the cats and over playing hoops was recruiting genius. Getting Gradney who was a legacy Cat was impressive. Grabbing Simpson out of Bozeman with a bigger offer from the Cats was also solid recruiting and Simpson said as much. Poetzl was a top prize and both schools were after him hard. He was Vims preseason #1 but got hurt early. Tirrell is much better player than people realize and should be one of the top recruits.

Cats got some studs in Lonergan and Olson (would never be Griz) and Alex Johnson. I’m impressed with the QB Thelen, too. So it will be interesting to see where it all shakes out. No one absolutely dominated imo but the Griz did very, very good.

Griz did very well in-state this year. No question about it.

I think both schools did well and got the players who will help them with their specific needs. Gonna be some epic recruiting battles bt Bobby and Choate for years to come.

mtgrizfankb said:
Looks a few of the unknowns will stay unknowns. I know a few of the offers sill out are waiting to see what coaches still have open after the cards get played on signing day. Wouldn’t be shocked if one or two of the unknowns still become Griz later

I'm not "in the know" or anything, but it seems like that will be it for this morning. I've got the Griz FB twitter page up, eagerly waiting. Maybe we'll get a couple surprises that trickle in later today. * fingers crossed *

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1075444301243400192

That is a very nice touch. Brock Coyle is a first class man!
It was good of him to take a moment to acknowledge these kids as they come into the system. :ugeek:

Overal, I like the look of this class. I'm still a little anxious about the lack of linemen, and would have really liked 1 or 2 more on both sides of the ball (OL and DT).

grizband said:
Overal, I like the look of this class. I'm still a little anxious about the lack of linemen, and would have really liked 1 or 2 more on both sides of the ball (OL and DT).

and 1 transfer CB. Those are the 3 I'd like to see by fall ball.

StumptownGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:
https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1075492636813750272?s=12

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sure he's not a tight end? Big fella can run!!! Nice surprise and put this kid on the All-Name Team!
:lol: :lol: Watching him run step for step with the RB was a treat...

Back