• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

griz4life said:
Stats published a database a couple weeks ago of each FCS school's recruiting so far. I looked mostly at playoff schools and full scholarship conferences. Montana seemed to have signed up more recruits during the early signing period than most teams, all but a few really.
The Griz got way out in front.

Is there an advantage for a kid to sign during the early signing period over the late?

reinell30 said:
griz4life said:
Stats published a database a couple weeks ago of each FCS school's recruiting so far. I looked mostly at playoff schools and full scholarship conferences. Montana seemed to have signed up more recruits during the early signing period than most teams, all but a few really.

Is there an advantage for a kid to sign during the early signing period over the late?

Just a guess but I would imagine that if you know where you want to go and sign early then there's no chance they will give your spot away.

reinell30 said:
griz4life said:

Sure there is. Many teams fill their quotas at certain positions during the early signing period. Offers aren't made in perpetuity. Claim your spot.

Perhaps a walkon?
https://twitter.com/nickguerena/status/1090860591357382657?s=19

Hard hitter!
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6685977/5bfc4249bee1130cac55cd59

Holy smokes...recruiting news after a month! It’s been a slow January on that front mostly because we signed so many early on but still figured we’d be going after a few for this signing period.

dayday said:
Holy smokes...recruiting news after a month! It’s been a slow January on that front mostly because we signed so many early on but still figured we’d be going after a few for this signing period.

Just watch there be 10 signings on February 6th. Kind of joking...kind of not.

VimSince03 said:
dayday said:

How dare you tease us this way.

VimSince03 said:
dayday said:

Hauck certainly like to keep things under wraps and I think even talks to potential recruits about that so it’s definitely possible there could be one or two surprises but I don’t think it’ll be anything huge. In the day of social media things are difficult to keep quiet.

I'm not sure we were even recruiting him but AZ Griz mentioned him a time or two.

Kobey Eaton's brother, Kanen, verballed to Utah State...

dirtysoup said:
Perhaps a walkon?

Hard hitter!

The way he plays in his highlight tape it’s a little surprising he’s not been offered a scholarship from one of the Dakota schools.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
dirtysoup said:
Perhaps a walkon?

Hard hitter!

The way he plays in his highlight tape it’s a little surprising he’s not been offered a scholarship from one of the Dakota schools.

#37 Anyone notice that

It’s been an underwhelming month and half for the Griz after coming out the gate so solid in early recruiting. They easily could have tried to add another RB, DT and DB. Eastern and the Cats seemed to get DBs just fine, Let’s hope for a surprise or two tomorrow.

dayday said:
It’s been an underwhelming month and half for the Griz after coming out the gate so solid in early recruiting. They easily could have tried to add another RB, DT and DB. Eastern and the Cats seemed to get DBs just fine, Let’s hope for a surprise or two tomorrow.

EWU landed a big time 3 star DB last night, so there are plenty of them out there...i'm sure the Griz will see a few good surprises tomorrow...

marceagfan5 said:
dayday said:

EWU landed a big time 3 star DB last night, so there are plenty of them out there...i'm sure the Griz will see a few good surprises tomorrow...

From your lips... I’m betting most of us go to bed this evening understanding all the presents got unwrapped on Christmas Eve this year. Not sure Santa is coming.

bgbigdog said:
marceagfan5 said:
dayday said:

From your lips... I’m betting most of us go to bed this evening understanding all the presents got unwrapped on Christmas Eve this year. Not sure Santa is coming.
Agreed; it is disheartening to see the caliber of recruits recently brought in by EWU and the Cats, among others, especially in our areas of need.

if a surprise happens tomorrow, it could be later on in the day after the player does not get the fbs offer they had hoped for....

dayday said:

+1. Looking like another year of not getting the deal closed on much needed help setting up 2019 being another "just wait" year of excuses coming from many posters

Back