• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
I think Cole Rosling just committed to UM. Will post my write up on him when it is official. Another good DE prospect out of Helena.

Hope that's true. Wrote a while back about my Helena connections claiming he is a very big get and has huge upside potential. Wanted him as much as Benson!

Yup a lot to work with there. Long arms and body.

HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
I think Cole Rosling just committed to UM. Will post my write up on him when it is official. Another good DE prospect out of Helena.

Hope that's true. Wrote a while back about my Helena connections claiming he is a very big get and has huge upside potential. Wanted him as much as Benson!
Rosling and Bradshaw are both better than Benson. Benson won't play a down at MSU. Injury prone. The Cats have a history of taking players coming off injuries. It doesn't work out.

getgrizzy said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:

Rosling and Bradshaw are both better than Benson. Benson won't play a down at MSU. Injury prone. The Cats have a history of taking players coming off injuries. It doesn't work out.

Wow. We took Chad Newell coming off an ACL tear out of high school.... :roll:

VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:

Wow
No offense, but I'd rather have a player that is physically able to play than one that can't stay out of the trainer's room. Does MSU not have a history of doing this? Chapman is another one. We'll see, but my money's on Rosling and Bradshaw out performing those two by default.

getgrizzy said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:

I think that is a bit premature as well. We often get players off an ACL tear or another injury that slips down to us to that injury.

My write-up on Cole:

Cole Rosling was not a known commodity until he had a breakout senior season where he led AA with 16 sacks for the Helena Capital Bruins. His senior season earned him scholarship offers. Cole was voted as the Western AA Defensive Player of the Year. He uses his long arms well when engaging blockers, batting down footballs, and shedding blocks. He does not have the quickest get off but he can find his way into the backfield because he is so long. Cole's 16 sacks were no fluke either as three of them came against the Bozeman Hawks who may have had the best offensive line in AA. He is not a one-move guy in the pass rush department as he showed multiple moves during the season. Another high ceiling prospect because he is not a finished product who may just be starting to realize his full potential. Has room to add on weight onto his long, lean frame. Him and Chase Benson on opposite sides during the Shrine game is going to be a tough tandem to stop for the East.

VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:

Griz got Loren Utterback after his ACL. Ended up first team all big sky linebacker. Colorado State was sniffing pretty hard around him, but went silent after the ACL tear.

grizatwork said:
VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
HookedonGriz said:

Griz got Loren Utterback after his ACL. Ended up first team all big sky linebacker. Colorado State was sniffing pretty hard around him, but went silent after the ACL tear.

Colorado State sniffs around a lot in Montana, but usually doesn't offer...

(I'm not referencing anything about Utterback)

VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:

As a walk-on, wasn't it? Took a big chance there?! I'll give Newell some props for a pretty good career but can't quite figure out how he's the second coming of Super Man over on their board. Has he played for the winner in any Griz/Cat games? How are his stats in those games?

Mousegriz said:
VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
HookedonGriz said:

As a walk-on, wasn't it? Took a big chance there?! I'll give Newell some props for a pretty good career but can't quite figure out how he's the second coming of Super Man over on their board. Has he played for the winner in any Griz/Cat games? How are his stats in those games?

Combined: 28 carries for 160 yards for 5.7 yards per carry and 2 touchdowns.

Can we please stick to praising our recruits and stop bashing Montana kids who choose to go play for the other team?

BDizzle said:
Can we please stick to praising our recruits and stop bashing Montana kids who choose to go play for the other team?

To stick to this, here is my write up of Jed Nagler.

Jed Nagler passes the eye test when you take a look at him. He is built like a linebacker or defensive end and runs like a gazelle. A very smooth athlete that knows how to get open. In Whitefish's offense, Nagler's big plays usually came when QB Luke May started to scramble around and Nagler knew how to get open. A Griz commit, Nagler is a perfect fit for Bob Stitt's inside receiver position as he is a mismatch for linebackers and he excels at crossing routes. He might be the best track athlete in the State along with Sean Opland from Troy and Alec Nehring from Manhattan. He is a sprinter and high jumper. As a receiver, he has great hands and can go up and get it with the best of them. His strength shows in blocking. I think he will need improvement as a route runner but it shouldn't be a problem because he is so athletic. It's a close call between him and Karl Tucker but the way I see it is Jed is your Dez Bryant type while Karl is your Steve Smith type receiver. Jed was a 1st-Team All-State and Super-State pick at receiver for Whitefish along with Karl.

Any kid, regardless of where from, who gets a chance to play division one football is one of the luckiest persons in the world! There is not one person on this board or any other board can predict how good that recruit will be. Congrats to all Montana Kids who even get their name mentioned to try out for one of Mt Universities! God Speed to all of you!

reinell30 said:
Any kid, regardless of where from, who gets a chance to play division one football is one of the luckiest persons in the world! There is not one person on this board or any other board can predict how good that recruit will be. Congrats to all Montana Kids who even get their name mentioned to try out for one of Mt Universities! God Speed to all of you!

Well said, good luck to them all!

getgrizzy said:
VimSince03 said:
getgrizzy said:
HookedonGriz said:

Wow
No offense, but I'd rather have a player that is physically able to play than one that can't stay out of the trainer's room. Does MSU not have a history of doing this? Chapman is another one. We'll see, but my money's on Rosling and Bradshaw out performing those two by default.

I am not saying that Benson hasn't had some injury issues, but to say that both are "better" than Benson is just plain ridiculous. We would have taken Benson in a heartbeat. Even with his injury issues.

Jace Lewis ‏@lewis_jace
My in home visit with coach Green went awesome! Excited for my visit to zoola this weekend! #Grizup #Griznation

Paytonlives said:
Jace Lewis ‏@lewis_jace
My in home visit with coach Green went awesome! Excited for my visit to zoola this weekend! #Grizup #Griznation

LeTexier scored 31 in a basketball game last weekend in a loss to Whitehall. Saw some highlights. He is a big boy. Obviously athletic enough to score 31 as well. Lewis and LeTexier as Preferred walk-ons are a steal. If they stay healthy, we will be very happy. Small school kids who play multiple sports, so they are athletic and not specialized yet. A couple years of just football, and I think they will be very good. I think they are every bit as good if not better at this point in their careers as Tucker Schye out of Malta was.

Back