• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Seattle-ization of Boz Angeles

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I have a follow up honest question: Is Choach worried at all about being cancelled? In the last month, we’ve seen people get cancelled for far less than running an annual school sponsored/supported MILF camp that ostensibly sought to “loosen up” the women with alcohol and encouraged them to date the coaches. For that matter, is the athletic department at all concerned about this?

I know we’ve made jokes about it in the past, but with the craziness lately, I’d probably want to get out in front of this if I were him. Seriously. It was an absolutely awful look.

You're just jealous. The next one you'll whine about is the world renowned palentologist (never mind he "doesnt even have a college degree" as some in a certain department in a school we all love whined about) marrying a 19-year-old intern when he was 66...something about guys named Jack I guess?

Did he really do that, find someone with a grandfather thing. :shock:

fanofzoo said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
You're just jealous. The next one you'll whine about is the world renowned palentologist (never mind he "doesnt even have a college degree" as some in a certain department in a school we all love whined about) marrying a 19-year-old intern when he was 66...something about guys named Jack I guess?

Well, yeah. Obviously the chick really has a thing for old bones...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Horner_(paleontologist)

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
fanofzoo said:

Well, yeah. Obviously the chick really has a thing for old bones...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Horner_(paleontologist)

:mrgreen:

CDAGRIZ said:
Do people really think Bozeman or Missoula are anything like Seattle, San Francisco, or Los Angeles? Holy shit, buy a bus ticket. You lucky f###[#] all live in great places.

Oh, some people from California moved into a new development in Bozeman, but they like to drink a different kind of wine with dinner whilst supporting local businesses? They must be from Los Angeles, and Bozeman is now Los Angeles. Sheesh!

Well the City of Missoula is run like it is Seattle, San Fran, or LA!

Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Do people really think Bozeman or Missoula are anything like Seattle, San Francisco, or Los Angeles? Holy shit, buy a bus ticket. You lucky f###[#] all live in great places.

Oh, some people from California moved into a new development in Bozeman, but they like to drink a different kind of wine with dinner whilst supporting local businesses? They must be from Los Angeles, and Bozeman is now Los Angeles. Sheesh!

Leave him alone! He just doesn't want all of us down on the South Fork...

Ironic. Many of the people bitching on the board are huge proponents for the 1st and 2nd amendments. Every other right our constitution was designed to protect. Yet, God forbid people from other states who want a better quality of life move around “within” the United States. Crazy talk. Maybe we should build a wall around Montana and keep these invaders out. Go back 50 years In time and bury our heads in the sand. WTH?

Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Don't get out much do you.

BWahlberg said:
SACCAT66 said:
4) Bozeman is more "Jackson Hole North" or Beverly Hills East... Missoula would be more like Seattle

Seems to be the correct assessment. :thumb:

Bozangeles is desperately wanting to be called "The New Boulder" and MOSU (Montana Out of State University" considers itself the "Stanford of the Big Sky Conference."
Only 37 percent of the citizens of Bozeman were born in Montana and that is skewed by the fact that it includes the immigrant heifers that dropped a calf after moving to the Gallatin Valley.
The young Bozangeles crowd refers to Belgrade as the ghetto. I'll bet that makes the residents of Belgrade and that area really proud of their neighbor.

Copper Griz said:
Ironic. Many of the people bitching on the board are huge proponents for the 1st and 2nd amendments. Every other right our constitution was designed to protect. Yet, God forbid people from other states who want a better quality of life move around “within” the United States. Crazy talk. Maybe we should build a wall around Montana and keep these invaders out. Go back 50 years In time and bury our heads in the sand. WTH?

I guess I missed the move and spoil amendment.

It's one thing to move for a better quality of life. Some - myself included - think they move and import the very lives they fled in the first place.

Signed - One who loves the Last Best Place.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
BWahlberg said:

Bozangeles is desperately wanting to be called "The New Boulder" and MOSU (Montana Out of State University" considers itself the "Stanford of the Big Sky Conference."
Only 37 percent of the citizens of Bozeman were born in Montana and that is skewed by the fact that it includes the immigrant heifers that dropped a calf after moving to the Gallatin Valley.
The young Bozangeles crowd refers to Belgrade as the ghetto. I'll bet that makes the residents of Belgrade and that area really proud of their neighbor.

Stopped in Belgrade one time on the way back from a Griz FB game to use the facilities. The whole family was in Griz gear. Upon entering the establishment, the employees greeted us with: "Relax, you're among friends here!".

Blgs Griz Fan said:
BWahlberg said:

Yep. Those of us raised in the Valley who went to high school to the west of Bozeangeles recall going back to school shopping in Butte, Helena or Billings because our parents refused to spend a dime in Bozeangeles. Still can't stand that towns inhabitants.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Yep. Those of us raised in the Valley who went to high school to the west of Bozeangeles recall going back to school shopping in Butte, Helena or Billings because our parents refused to spend a dime in Bozeangeles. Still can't stand that towns inhabitants.
...not certain but isn't the new Bozo school superintendent a former Griz football player?

MikeyGriz said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:

Stopped in Belgrade one time on the way back from a Griz FB game to use the facilities. The whole family was in Griz gear. Upon entering the establishment, the employees greeted us with: "Relax, you're among friends here!".
We routinely stop at the Belgrade BK for breakfast on the way to Missoula on game days in 100% Griz gear. Almost never see any MSU gear worn there. We're made right at home by the employees and other patrons. It seems far more than the 10 miles from Bozeman. The drive from Bozeman to Belgrade is the ugly part of the drive - equipment junkyards and gravel pits. A good place to receive a rock in the windshield; it's happened to me twice.

Anymore I see little difference between Bozeman and Missoula; both are littered with the self-appointed elites talking down to us unenlightened deplorables. Always glad to get out of Missoula on Sunday mornings and back to the real world.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
BWahlberg said:

1) MOSU??? 70% of the top Montana High School seniors from class of 2020 chose MSU. I know there are a lot of out of state kids as well, but that is how colleges make money. Even your president is pushing to get more out of state kids.

2) I was born and raised in Bozeman, and Belgrade has always been called that. When I was in High School kids called it "belowgrade". I really like Belgrade now, and think it is 1-2 really good restaurants short of being Great.

kemajic said:
MikeyGriz said:
We routinely stop at the Belgrade BK for breakfast on the way to Missoula on game days in 100% Griz gear. Almost never see any MSU gear worn there. We're made right at home by the employees and other patrons. It seems far more than the 10 miles from Bozeman. The drive from Bozeman to Belgrade is the ugly part of the drive - equipment junkyards and gravel pits. A good place to receive a rock in the windshield; it's happened to me twice.

Anymore I see little difference between Bozeman and Missoula; both are littered with the self-appointed elites talking down to us unenlightened deplorables. Always glad to get out of Missoula on Sunday mornings and back to the real world.

I've really been treated well in Sanfranzoola. Bozo has an unwarranted inflated sense of self-worth. Now Belgrade? Manhattan? Willow Creek, Harrison or Pony are all great folks. I used to enjoy Townsend on the way to fish Canyon Ferry, Hauser or Holter. But, to each their own.

I know if you get away from that small enclave of transplants in Bozo it's a great area to visit...and then go home somewhere in the middle of Montana and watch all the Class A, B and C communities and visit the mom and pop shops.

SACCAT66 said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:

1) MOSU??? 70% of the top Montana High School seniors from class of 2020 chose MSU. I know there are a lot of out of state kids as well, but that is how colleges make money. Even your president is pushing to get more out of state kids.

2) I was born and raised in Bozeman, and Belgrade has always been called that. When I was in High School kids called it "belowgrade". I really like Belgrade now, and think it is 1-2 really good restaurants short of being Great.

As a fellow Bozeman native, you lost me right there

Back