• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

bobcat nation has lost it

GunnyGriz

I wonder if the games with the bobcats should be a continued tradition for the Griz. During the streak, I said many times that I thought the Griz domination was not a good thing. In retrospect, I was wrong but hindsight tells me that the streak should have been used at the time to move UM to a different league away from the inferior “rival.

I have witnessed similar at weddings for several years. The 16 year domination over the Bobcats was not healthy for the rivalry and certainly inflicted damage over the Cat fan base sanity for many years to come.
We have decided to no longer go to the Griz games in Bozeman because we just don’t feel safe there any more.
Really too bad for this rivalry.
Go Griz!

EverettGriz said:
Did they, uh… did they ever really have it?

I don’t think I can remember a time when they had it. They had that one ginger QB who squatted oddly under center, but they’ve never had “it” in my lifetime. They’ve said they have plenty of times, but it hasn’t been true. Being a Bobcat fan must be one of the loneliest things one can be.

Some historians have noted that the cats “had it” briefly after the 1956 NAIA Championship (0-0 tie) against St. Joseph’s (US Virgin Islands). Apparently 3 days after “having it” the US Congress passed the Federal Highway Act and the cats were soon forgotten.

Ursa Major said:
Some historians have noted that the cats “had it” briefly after the 1956 NAIA Championship (0-0 tie) against St. Joseph’s (US Virgin Islands). Apparently 3 days after “having it” the US Congress passed the Federal Highway Act and the cats were soon forgotten.

Those USVI programs could really sling the coconut.

Same exact thing happened @ our nieces wedding in Billings but did not involve any football players just a deranged bunch of kitty fans. I have never felt more hate from one room as that day! Really Sad how things have become. We also will never go to Bozeville for another Griz cat game, been like 15 years since we have last been there.

Dillon said:
Same exact thing happened @ our nieces wedding in Billings but did not involve any football players just a deranged bunch of kitty fans. I have never felt more hate from one room as that day! Really Sad how things have become. We also will never go to Bozeville for another Griz cat game, been like 15 years since we have last been there.

I was at a wedding in Bozeman last winter when it happened. A bunch of State fans yelling “eat shit Grizzlies” during “Shoulda Been a Cowboy” by Toby Keith. I got up, grabbed the microphone, and said, “Hey, that’s not classy.” Then, everyone clapped and the management of the Lewis & Clark Motel came in to say I had done enough to save the establishment for another year. They had experienced a dip in revenue for about 15 years and didn’t know if they could make it. They also decided to reopen the youth center and adopt all the puppies in Montana shelters because they were so inspired. I suppose not all heroes wear capes after all.

That kind of energy on your wedding day will get you one child, half a boat, half a car and two mortgages.

That kind of energy on your wedding day will get you one child, half a boat, half a car and two mortgages.

The.Real.2506 said:
I always enjoy hearing gris lamenting their butthurt over hearing the "Eat Sh!t grizzlies" chant :thumb:

I can only imagine. You definitely seem like you'd get a lot of joy out of it. I, for one, always enjoy hearing Bobcat fans justify objectively ridiculous things. Whether it's a FFGPTB that was "the right call" or a three-way tie for third that's "basically a conference championship", those plucky lil' fellas always have their heads up. Hell, I even heard one try to explain how having four stadia at RHS was "a good thing if you think about it". It's admirable. They remind me of a second grader who says he's going to grow up to be an astronaut and the QB of the 49ers. You go for it, lil' fella.

Latest posts

Back