• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats to Cats, but How Bad Were Those Refs?

PlayerRep

Great win for Cats. Played hard. Never gave up. Made some key plays. Anderson is very good and a gamer.

But, the refs were just horrible. I have never seen a game with so many blatant penalties that weren't called. Most of which had a huge impact on the game and its outcome.

The hit on our receiver who was 4 steps out of bounds, without the ball, and knocked flying. Sorry, that's a late hit 100% of the time. UM had to punt, and Cats then scored a TD.

The missed pass interference on the slant in front of the UM bench. Blatant. 3d down. How could some ref not have seen that? The defender hit our receiver well before the pass arrived. UM had to punt. Cats then scored another TD.

The non-call after the Cat took off and threw down his helmet. Every ref on the field had to have seen that. That's a penalty. Griz should have had a first down. And would likely have scored.

A missed holding against the UM corner in front of Cat bench, when he hold was clearly able to be seen as the defender tried to pull away. Missed calls like this happen, but it was obvious.

The late called timeout on the play before Eastwood fumbled. I call BS on that late call. No one on the field, including the 2 side judges who signaled a TD for Eastwood, knew there had been a TO. At least, the side judge on Cat side of the field should have known or heard a while. That play was very deflating too, as the Griz team celebrated the TD and their win, only to have to undue their excitement and run another play.

This team of refs should be permanently suspended from reffing in the Big Sky.

AllWeatherFan said:
Bobby says “no excuses.” I feel it’s best to honor his wishes.

I made no excuse. I said the refs sucked. They did. Everyone who say the game saw this.

You may want to stick to saying things you think are funny, and skip the attempts at substantive football posts.

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I made no excuse. I said the refs sucked. They did. Everyone who say the game saw this.

You may want to stick to saying things you think are funny, and skip the attempts at substantive football posts.

You made no excuses, but think it’s “likely” there was a 21 points swing caused by the refs.
Mmm Kay.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:

You made no excuses, but think it’s “likely” there was a 21 points swing caused by the refs.
Mmm Kay.

Correct. I made no excuse. I congratulated the Cats on their hard fought and terrific victory. I hope they get into the playoffs.

Now you, you just want to blame Hauck, because you nose is still out of joint about Stitt being replaced.

Let's hear your views of those calls. Did you like the calls? Did you even watch the game?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Mmm Kay.

Correct. I made no excuse. I congratulated the Cats on their hard fought and terrific victory. I hope they get into the playoffs.

You congratulated them on their hard fought victory, which was tarnished by the 21 point swing caused by the refs.

Own it. It feels good.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Mmm Kay.

You congratulated them on their hard fought victory, which was tarnished by the 21 point swing caused by the refs.

Own it. It feels good.

I said nothing about the Cat victory being tarnished. Zero. Nothing.

Even Cat fans would not support the 3 most blatant non-penalty calls.

I see you don't have the balls to comment on those calls by the refs. Or, did you not even watch the game? Or, do you not understand the game?

How sad is it that I’ve just gotten use to the fact that the refs are going to suck because we’re in the BSC? Pathetic would be a good description of most of the reffing crews in it.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Mmm Kay.

Own it. It feels good.

I said nothing about the Cat victory being tarnished. Zero. Nothing.

Even Cat fans would not support the 3 most blatant non-penalty calls.

I see you don't have the balls to comment on those calls by the refs. Or, did you not even watch the game? Or, do you not understand the game?

I watched the game. Every single ugly play. Refs didn’t change the fact we were outcoached for 40 minutes of that game. Again. But if it helps you sleep better at night you go on believing that.

PlayerRep said:
Great win for Cats. Played hard. Never gave up. Made some key plays. Anderson is very good and a gamer.

But, the refs were just horrible. I have never seen a game with so many blatant penalties that weren't called. Most of which had a huge impact on the game and its outcome.

The hit on our receiver who was 4 steps out of bounds, without the ball, and knocked flying. Sorry, that's a late hit 100% of the time. UM had to punt, and Cats then scored a TD.

The missed pass interference on the slant in front of the UM bench. Blatant. 3d down. How could some ref not have seen that? The defender hit our receiver well before the pass arrived. UM had to punt. Cats then scored another TD.

The non-call after the Cat took off and threw down his helmet. Every ref on the field had to have seen that. That's a penalty. Griz should have had a first down. And would likely have scored.

A missed holding against the UM corner in front of Cat bench, when he hold was clearly able to be seen as the defender tried to pull away. Missed calls like this happen, but it was obvious.

The late called timeout on the play before Eastwood fumbled. I call BS on that late call. No one on the field, including the 2 side judges who signaled a TD for Eastwood, knew there had been a TO. At least, the side judge on Cat side of the field should have known or heard a while. That play was very deflating too, as the Griz team celebrated the TD and their win, only to have to undue their excitement and run another play.

PR: I respect your opinions and all on here. We are rugby players, we shake hands with ref and call them "sir". We don't bitch about missed calls, we go for beers. You are better than this post.

dupuyer griz said:
I didn’t read any of this, I just wanted to say quit making f***[*] excuses

Why don't you comment on the missed penalty calls? Didn't watch the game? No balls? Just want fight with me?

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

PR: I respect your opinions and all on here. We are rugby players, we shake hands with ref and call them "sir". We don't bitch about missed calls, we go for beers. You are better than this post.

Not me. It's the internet. We talk about what we want to talk about. The refs sucked.

Do you support the calls, or non-calls?

Is it your view that we can comment about the players, the coaches, and the crowd, but not the refs?

dupuyer griz said:
I didn’t read any of this, I just wanted to say quit making fucking excuses

PR didn’t make any excuses....just stating that the refs “likely” caused a 21 point swing in a 4-point game. That’s all. Not excuses for the loss, bro.

AZGrizFan said:
dupuyer griz said:

PR didn’t make any excuses....just stating that the refs “likely” caused a 21 point swing in a 4-point game. That’s all. Not excuses for the loss, bro.

So, do you support all the calls by the refs? Mr. No Balls.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
dupuyer griz said:

So, do you support all the calls by the refs? Mr. No Balls.

Whether I do or not is irrelevant. I’m just enjoying watching you trying to play the semantics game about a “likely” point swing without calling them excuses for losing.

PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Not me. It's the internet. We talk about what we want to talk about. The refs sucked.

Do you support the calls, or non-calls?

Is it your view that we can comment about the players, the coaches, and the crowd, but not the refs?

yes

Latest posts

Back