• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS playoff system needs to be overhauled

grizare#1

Not that the griz deserve to be in but way to many teams left out with better win/loss records than ones that did. The MVC bias is out of control.

grizare#1 said:
Not that the griz deserve to be in but way to many teams left out with better win/loss records than ones that did. The MVC bias is out of control.
This year was worse than most. However, I think 4, maybe 5 of those MVFC teams would destroy our conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupuyer griz said:
grizare#1 said:
This year was worse than most. However, I think 4, maybe 5 of those MVFC teams would destroy our conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's maybe true but a team can only control what they can. It's starting to remind me of the BCS

People are pissing and moaning over the last few spots that have zero chance to win. No matter how it is done, people will still piss and moan.

HelenaHandBasket said:
People are pissing and moaning over the last few spots that have zero chance to win. No matter how it is done, people will still piss and moan.
Maybe so but if you have a great season you deserve it. Mcneese 9-2 stays home :oops:

Back when they further expanded to 24 teams and moved the NC game to January, I did some research and found that a team ranked less the top 12 had never won it. Participation ribbons for several more than needed.

kemajic said:
Back when they further expanded to 24 teams and moved the NC game to January, I did some research and found that a team ranked less the top 12 had never won it. Participation ribbons for several more than needed.
Another reason it needs overhauled

boo friggin hoo. There are so many pussies on this board it makes me sick.

Want to be in the playoffs - win your league.

Pathetic.

grizare#1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Maybe so but if you have a great season you deserve it. Mcneese 9-2 stays home :oops:

Here is your fix. Go back to 20 teams and only take the top 2 finishers in each Conference. No more selection committee.

I don't mind the regionalization. It's not a bad idea to help some of the smaller schools with travel costs and has potential for a rivalry rematch. It's what the committee uses to rank certain teams that irks me. The record should matter more than any other metric.

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizare#1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Here is your fix. Go back to 20 teams and only take the top 2 finishers in each Conference. No more selection committee.

+1000000 infinity.

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizare#1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

That works for me. Back to head to head wins rule the day

grizare#1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizare#1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

You mean except for the Conferences like the BSC and CAA that you don't play everyone.

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizare#1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizare#1 said:

You mean except for the Conferences like the BSC and CAA that you don't play everyone.
That's the rub.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizare#1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

+1000000 infinity.

Which would be just peachy except everybody doesn’t play everybody. Until THAT day this won’t work.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizare#1 said:

+1000000 infinity.

Which would be just peachy except everybody doesn’t play everybody. Until THAT day this won’t work.

WIN YOUR FUCKING LEAGUE. PERIOD. I KNOW you're not from the fucking participation trophy generation.

McNeese should have been in....BSC doesn't deserve more spots with how crappy it has become....and if Stitt is to get a team in with Semorelosses the field needs expanded to about 40

Back