• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

County Health Dept After the Mo Club

PlayerRep said:
TrueGriz said:
Maybe in other parts of Montana the increase started in July, but the increase in Missoula started in around September 10th which is about the time there was a spike in new cases at UM. It was a pretty flat curve in Missoula before then. Started in September with a great majority of the cases being 20 - 29 year olds who then spread it to older people eventually. At one time in September, the percentage of cases in the 20 - 29 year old bracket was over 50%. But as they spread it to the older generation, that lowered the percentage down a bit for that age bracket. Mask wearing was good, but then they get lazy, take them off and socialize. Can't fault them. They are all getting COVID tired and the young people think all they will get is a few sniffles or just be asymptomatic. Trouble is, they need to stay away from their family but they don't.

People like to socialize, and many of the people that do not wear the masks are the young people.

Here is a link about that:
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/10/27/928317805/mask-wearing-is-up-in-the-u-s-but-young-people-are-still-too-lax-cdc-survey-find?ft=nprml&f=928317805

UM has had 315 cases since 8/12. 49 active now.

UM had 5 cases in the first month. Then, 24, 43, 55, 80, 46, 19 (thru 10/21)

"UM associated COVID-19 cases include students, staff, and/or faculty affiliated with the university."

https://www.missoulainfo.com/missoula-county

Yes, I follow that website everyday. 0 cases for UM today since yesterday which had 12, awesome. Missoula County only had 21 total cases since yesterday which had 60. Nice decline. Maybe the new restrictions are helping before they even come into effect.

Missoula County seems to be following the trend of UM. But then, Missoula county includes UM totals.

ilovethecats said:
argh! said:
so who is bringing the virus into nursing homes? it couldn't be that kids, who might not even know they are infected, gives it to people who work in a nursing home, and don't show symptoms until too late? or did the virus just magically show up there? it seems you believe the latter.

Wait. So the ONLY possible way that the virus could reach nursing homes is kids who don't know they're positive brining it in? That seems like a HUGE stretch.

nobody said that, you are just making shit up because you are apparently too intellectually lazy to think through what was written. really pathetic on your part.

argh! said:
ilovethecats said:
Wait. So the ONLY possible way that the virus could reach nursing homes is kids who don't know they're positive brining it in? That seems like a HUGE stretch.

nobody said that, you are just making shit up because you are apparently too intellectually lazy to think through what was written. really pathetic on your part.

Okay, so please explain what you meant in the post prior to the above one?

argh! said:
ilovethecats said:

:lol:
Wow that escalated. I guess I missed in your post above where there were other options. No one feels like a bigger clown car act show than me right now.

Mind elaborating? You gave a hypothetical of a kid bringing it in the nursing home. The other scenario you offered was "magic". I apologize but I eliminated the "magic" option. That may be intellectually lazy on my part, but it didn't seem realistic in my eyes.

If it makes you feel better (it certainly makes me feel more intellectual) I agree that a kid bringing the virus in unbeknownst to himself is certainly possible. Along with 100 other scenarios in which a virus is able to travel from country to country, state to state, city to city, place to place. :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
argh! said:

Wow that escalated. I guess I missed in your post above where there were other options. No one feels like a bigger clown car act show than me right now.

Mind elaborating? You gave a hypothetical of a kid bringing it in the nursing home. The other scenario you offered was "magic". I apologize but I eliminated the "magic" option. That may be intellectually lazy on my part, but it didn't seem realistic in my eyes.

If it makes you feel better (it certainly makes me feel more intellectual) I agree that a kid bringing the virus in unbeknownst to himself is certainly possible. Along with 100 other scenarios in which a virus is able to travel from country to country, state to state, city to city, place to place. :thumb:

Is it wrong to have a man crush on a ‘scat fan? :oops:

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

Just respect him enough for a proper reach around.

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

Yes

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

my post was made on the assumption that all cat fans are intellectually disabled, and unable to think clearly. it does not surprise me that you admire them.

argh!
eGriz Club
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:41 am

-
my post was made on the assumption that all cat fans are intellectually disabled, and unable to think clearly. it does not surprise me that you admire them.

While I generally agree with you on the subject I monitor both the UM and MSU boards. Unfortunately it appears that MSU retread engineers and the like are much more willing to embrace logical thinking than the EGriz board. Kind of weird but possibly the lack of any sort of monitoring on the EGriz boards that allow a very few posters to dominate the scene. I just so laugh when the notification comes up on EGriz board that I have a ad blocking program in place. I have that mostly because there is no moderating on EGriz, as there clearly is on Bobcat nation, so that bullshit topics and certain favored posters are allowed to continue to generate non-football crap that ruins this forum.

sdk.catfish said:
argh!
eGriz Club
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:41 am

-

While I generally agree with you on the subject I monitor both the UM and MSU boards. Unfortunately it appears that MSU retread engineers and the like are much more willing to embrace logical thinking than the EGriz board. Kind of weird but possibly the lack of any sort of monitoring on the EGriz boards that allow a very few posters to dominate the scene. I just so laugh when the notification comes up on EGriz board that I have a ad blocking program in place. I have that mostly because there is no moderating on EGriz, as there clearly is on Bobcat nation, so that bullshit topics and certain favored posters are allowed to continue to generate non-football crap that ruins this forum.
I don’t know what the clown car act show this means?

I DO know Clase Azul Reposado is real nice and goes down like water.

:coffee:

The county health dept must not understand sports. They do some dumb things with regard to sports. Speltz really took them on.

"Bill Speltz: Missoula City-County Health Department leaves Jr. Bruins out in the cold"

"The Missoula City-County Health Department needs to take a closer look at what it has done to the Missoula Jr. Bruins hockey team.

The Jr. Bruins are getting a raw deal, plain and simple. Until further notice, they cannot hold home games due to local COVID-19 guidelines.

That would be easier to take if the rules were applied uniformly to all Missoula County athletic programs. They are not.

The Jr. Bruins are allowed a maximum of 25 individuals in Glacier Ice Rink, including team members, for games. In other words, the team and its opponent would have to compete at half strength to even play a game.

While high school sports carried on with more than 80 fans allowed for a varsity volleyball match and over 400 for a football game this past week, your local Junior hockey program (ages 16-21) was iced out.

I guess hockey just isn't important enough to get the same treatment as high school sports. Never mind the fact the Jr. Bruins have been meticulous in their efforts to stay safe.

"They say high school sports are allowed, well these kids, 10 of the players on our team are high school students," Jr. Bruins co-owner Jason DiMatteo told the Missoulian and 406mtsports.com. "Take Sam Skillestad, who is from Missoula, who is still in high school. He missed our home game last week because we had to go over to Butte to play it in the afternoon."

https://missoulian.com/sports/hockey/bill-speltz-missoula-city-county-health-department-leaves-jr-bruins-out-in-the-cold/article_dca73eb2-fc95-5165-b3ba-2aa5bb5c9518.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:

I didn’t say THEM. I said ONE. A. Singular. Learn English better. :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:

I didn’t say THEM. I said ONE. A. Singular. Learn English better. :thumb: :thumb:

Well....Now my feelings are hurt.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well....Now my feelings are hurt.

I’ll have to go back and review your posting history to see whether you make the cut, 66. :| :|

Latest posts

Back