• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SNEED... THOUGHTS?

I always thought Jordan Johnson was one hell of a qb. Had pflugrad stayed who knows what might have been. He was great regardless.

No doubt in my mind that Sneed has more tools than GJ. And, I believe he will have a great senior season providing he stays healthy. That said, for the last week to 10 days, when the Billings Gazoo reviews the Griz practices, they state that Humphrey is taking the majority of first team reps. Did I miss something about an injury??? What gives?

70Griz said:
No doubt in my mind that Sneed has more tools than GJ. And, I believe he will have a great senior season providing he stays healthy. That said, for the last week to 10 days, when the Billings Gazoo reviews the Griz practices, they state that Humphrey is taking the majority of first team reps. Did I miss something about an injury??? What gives?
Unknown, as whn someone asked about that Bobby was quick to point out they don't do injuries

04GRIZPHARMER said:
SaskGriz said:
Okay, you seem like nice people so I'm gonna help you out. The opening statement was about Sneed and that he is "by far one of the best QB's in Griz history.". Now, getting around the fact that this statement is awkward in that "by far" implies distance from others and "one of" implies that he is in a group of others. It became, to no one's surprise, a who's better between Sneed and Jensen.

It's not an apples to apples comparison it's more like apples to dixie cups. It's completely irrelevant to the question. In reality at this point neither QB is even in the conversation for all-time greats and Jensen never will be.

1. Dave Dickenson
2. Brian Ah Yat
3. Craig Ochs
4. Cole Berquist
5. Jordan Johnson
6. Drew Miller
7. Grady Bennett
8. Brad Lebo
9. Brent Pease
10. John Edwards

* List only goes back as far as Saskgriz's memory, which is getting shorter by the day.

This list can be debated but it's correct. ;)

Just looking at the talent of the QB, (excluding talent level of the team, system in which they played, etc) I would argue Drew Miller needs to move up two spots. I think Cole might be the most underrated QB of the Griz in the past 30 years+ and definitely belongs high on this list, but I would put Drew above Cole and right behind Craig and Brian. He had an incredible amount or arm talent.

As to Sneed...I think he could move into the conversation of top 10 if he has as great a year as we are hoping. He was put in a tough spot last year and lead the team very well. If the offense is more dynamic due to the Oline improving, this team could put up some big numbers on the scoreboard. It is a little early to say by far one of the best IMHO. I need to see how this season develops.
Agree on Drew Miller. If he were more mobile, he could have risen to right behind Super Dave. I think Marty Mornhinweg belongs in top ten for performance on the field -- he did more with less than any of them.

griz_nation406 said:
By far one of the best qbs in Griz history. Seems like a real good dude on and off the field. I think he'll do wonders for the team this year. Now lets hope that our OL can give him some time to throw some bullets to the receivers.

If he gets rid of the pre-snap hand signal for opposing D’s to read, he could be up there as a top QB.

I was really impressed with Sneed's toughness, leadership, and 2nd half of last season.
His supporting cast this season is deeper than last season.
Running back and OL play will only be better this season.
Sneed, the offense, his personnel, the coaches all have a season under their belt.

To me, this all adds up to setting up Sneed with a terrific season.
I expect him to have a season that will put him the discussion of top 5 to top 10 GRIZ QB's.
It's going to be fun season to watch play out.

SaskGriz said:
Okay, you seem like nice people...

Wait, what? You’ve been alone on the tundra with that dog too long. :lol:

Ps. Our other CFHOF member was a noted QB. Not the greatest passing stats but he cut a dashing figure in western attire.

montanaguy said:
Has Sneed taken any snaps and/or thrown a pass in Fall camp?

Yes, there are pictures on the twitter feed of him playing and a video of him dropping a dime to Toure for a TD. I do think they are limiting his reps in camp though.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
so now a qb who was a freshman all-american with a (per egriz) crappy line, one who was pretty athletic and who could throw the long ball, opening up the field, never would have made it to third down in the first game? thank gawd for sneed and his nfl-level arm combined with his nfl-running back level skills!

gotta love egriz, a bastion of rationality.

The o-line was decent Jensen's year. Sneed was far better than Jensen. Sneed's stats last year were way better than Jensen's the prior year, and Jensen's at the JC. If the Texas St message board can believed, it doesn't look like Jensen has been running with the ones as much as the other guy, whom I believe was the young holdover from last year.

Some of you just have your story (even tho wrong), and you're sticking to it.

sneed was a junior, with college playing experience. jensen was a freshman thrust into the starting role because of an injury. jensen wasn't great, and sneed certainly wasn't terrible (although he had some crummy games). what i'm pointing out is the gross over-reaction and 'this or that would've happened if jensen started' idiocy from people who portray themselves as fair minded but aren't.

For a while last year I was one of those frustrated fans calling for Sneed to be benched after the 3 and outs and the interceptions. However, I was reminded that on the games he did well he had good protection and was not running for his life and had time to throw. During a game that Grady Bennett was announcing he mentioned twice that the interception was on the receiver because on those two routes the receiver was to come back for the ball and did not, he waited for it to come to him. Even in the games that Sneed may have frustrated the fans there was more to the story. Was he always on? Nope, but I am a Sneed fan until his last snap this year.

Go Griz ! ! !

Jensen could run and did. I loved that he lowered his shoulder when contact was coming. He bowled some defenders. But, if you’re going to be a running QB, you need Sneed speed...

Griz#64 said:
Bobby O.billovich. ???? Griz,Hall of Famer!!

Only felt it fair to include QB's I had seen, I came to the U of M in 1985, so no doubt Morningweg and O'Bilovich were all time greats but I didn't feel I could include them on my list. I remember O'B as coach and later GM of the Toronto Argonauts, long before I'd ever heard of the Griz.

SaskGriz said:
Okay, you seem like nice people so I'm gonna help you out. The opening statement was about Sneed and that he is "by far one of the best QB's in Griz history.". Now, getting around the fact that this statement is awkward in that "by far" implies distance from others and "one of" implies that he is in a group of others. It became, to no one's surprise, a who's better between Sneed and Jensen.

It's not an apples to apples comparison it's more like apples to dixie cups. It's completely irrelevant to the question. In reality at this point neither QB is even in the conversation for all-time greats and Jensen never will be.

1. Dave Dickenson
2. Brian Ah Yat
3. Craig Ochs
4. Cole Berquist
5. Jordan Johnson
6. Drew Miller
7. Grady Bennett
8. Brad Lebo
9. Brent Pease
10. John Edwards

* List only goes back as far as Saskgriz's memory, which is getting shorter by the day.

Great list. JJ seems high to me though. Also I do wonder about getting Selle up there too.

SaskGriz said:

1. Dave Dickenson
2. Brian Ah Yat
3. Craig Ochs
4. Cole Berquist
5. Jordan Johnson
6. Drew Miller
7. Grady Bennett
8. Brad Lebo
9. Brent Pease
10. John Edwards

Drew Miller the best pure passer of the group. Uncanny accuracy.

One of the most ridiculous statements on a site that is inundated with ridiculous statements. Sneed did some amazing things with his feet last year and had a good year passing the ball, but "by far one of the best qbs in Griz history"? Please. Reminds me of when posters on eGriz were babbling about Brady Gustafson getting drafted by the NFL because he was relatively the same height as Carson Wentz. :roll:

I'd put Miller in at No. 4. I know he left wishing he had enrolled at UM as a freshman. I sure would have been interesting if he had.

Back