• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winning fairly?

MTOutsider said:
I am curious if any of you on here visit the NDSU forum and if there have been 387 threads about moving up?

Nobody has to go to that forum. If anything is being discussed there, I'm sure their fans will post about it on eGriz.

I object to this whole thread. Why just bring up NDSU and Alabama? Why not Montana? Montana, NDSU and Alabama combined have won 10 of the last 14 FCS/FBS championships.

You guys should visit our official, university-sanctioned, oil-money funded message board at www.undsuthunderbuffs.gov. It's a hoot! But if you post after 11:00 pm Mountain Time, don't expect a reply until after 2nd breakfast the next day.

The bison are using an innovative technique that has contributed greatly to their success. Bohl originally coined the term as . . . TACK-LING. When the BSC picks up on this concept, look for them to take a step forward.

Herd said:
The bison are using an innovative technique that has contributed greatly to their success. Bohl originally coined the term as . . . TACK-LING. When the BSC picks up on this concept, look for them to take a step forward.

I thought for sure it was swag-ger.

Interesting that Bison recruiting target areas are ND, MN and WI. Wonder why MT isn't a recruiting target by the Bison or their former coach, Bohl.

68Bison said:
Interesting that Bison recruiting target areas are ND, MN and WI. Wonder why MT isn't a recruiting target by the Bison or their former coach, Bohl.

It is going to be worth watching how many more great linemen the new coaching staff brings into the University of Montana.

In answer to your question as to why NDSU isn't recruiting Montana athletes I'd say it's pretty obvious. They'd have to redshirt them a year and hope they can break the bad habits they picked up in high school in that year, spend a year teaching them correct fundamentals and work habits and then get maybe a year of productive football out of them.

The Badlands Bowl between Montana and North Dakota is pretty much dominated by Montana kids, but these high school all star games are usually nothing more than a scrimmage and an honor for the kids selected and good coaches don't even look at the scoreboard. Just my thoughts.

UMcheer2000 said:
MTGRZ said:
This thread is ridiculous. Pure un-necessary speculation.

And pedestrian...

To be fair, there was a really great discussion about Argh!'s mashed potatoes, Dan Quayle, Do Ho, Bobby's cooking credentials and Choate's lack thereof recently, but a moderator inadvertently deleted it. So....I guess we have to discuss ridiculous, unnecessary (no hyphen), and pedestrian speculation about football stuff. Lame, fo sho.

GGNez said:
UMcheer2000 said:
MTGRZ said:

And pedestrian...

To be fair, there was a really great discussion about Argh!'s mashed potatoes, Dan Quayle, Do Ho, Bobby's cooking credentials and Choate's lack thereof recently, but a moderator inadvertently deleted it. So....I guess we have to discuss ridiculous, unnecessary (no hyphen), and pedestrian speculation about football stuff. Lame, fo sho.

I think the mod was worried about too many pageviews. Everybody knows that the death of any good message board is pageviews. Look at RedRocket, the EWU board. That's how it's done.

CDAGRIZ said:
MTOutsider said:
I am curious if any of you on here visit the NDSU forum and if there have been 387 threads about moving up?

Nobody has to go to that forum. If anything is being discussed there, I'm sure their fans will post about it on eGriz.

See what I mean? They are now creating accounts on eGriz.com just for this thread.

GGNez said:
UMcheer2000 said:
MTGRZ said:

And pedestrian...

So we are only to discuss football in the football forum? No politics? No disparaging comments toward idiots? Poor coaches? Lack of funds? What imaginary conference the Griz ought to be in? Dang...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GGNez said:
UMcheer2000 said:
MTGRZ said:

And pedestrian...

So we are only to discuss football in the football forum? No politics? No disparaging comments toward idiots? Poor coaches? Lack of funds? What imaginary conference the Griz ought to be in? Dang...

Life can be so unfair sometimes.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
68Bison said:

It is going to be worth watching how many more great linemen the new coaching staff brings into the University of Montana.

In answer to your question as to why NDSU isn't recruiting Montana athletes I'd say it's pretty obvious. They'd have to redshirt them a year and hope they can break the bad habits they picked up in high school in that year, spend a year teaching them correct fundamentals and work habits and then get maybe a year of productive football out of them.

The Badlands Bowl between Montana and North Dakota is pretty much dominated by Montana kids, but these high school all star games are usually nothing more than a scrimmage and an honor for the kids selected and good coaches don't even look at the scoreboard. Just my thoughts.

Because for like 70 years, NDSU has focused on midwestern kids and in the process have won 14 national championships.

Why fuck up a good thing you have going?

2011BisonAlumni said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
68Bison said:

Because for like 70 years, NDSU has focused on midwestern kids and in the process have won 14 national championships.

Why f*** up a good thing you have going?
Makes a lot of sense when you are in the Midwest.

GGNez said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GGNez said:
UMcheer2000 said:
And pedestrian...

Life can be so unfair sometimes.

I know! Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of so damn good looking? I shouldn't be relegated to a life of simply talking to myself and presenting my rather insightful opinions to to a group of faceless folks! So I get to go watch William Marcus tonight present a journalism school topic about misinformation from and by the media! How is that going to turn out? Ironic...

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
68Bison said:

Why f*** up a good thing you have going?
Makes a lot of sense when you are in the Midwest.

Isn't this site great? People can pose a question that is a subtle slam against a neighboring state's high school kids just to crow about the accomplishments of their school in an attempt to incite all of the seven or eight regular posters in another school's website then ghost away.

Why is there even a question about winning fairly? The FCS is so watered down since the departure of GSU, App St, among others. There are only a handful of committed programs left.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back