• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2023 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

grizfan1984 said:
We need to offer Carter first but seeing how scats just got there 4th or 5th RB commit in 2023 there might not be much room for Carter in the class

I've seen Tom Carter play a handful of times this year and I agree he always stands out as the most electric player on the field. That said, I believe Carter would be recruited as a DB or a WR.

wbtfg said:
grizfan1984 said:
We need to offer Carter first but seeing how scats just got there 4th or 5th RB commit in 2023 there might not be much room for Carter in the class

I've seen Tom Carter play a handful of times this year and I agree he always stands out as the most electric player on the field. That said, I believe Carter would be recruited as a DB or a WR.

He has been recruited as a DB mostly so far

Triwest said:
wbtfg said:

That's seems logical to me. Definitely not a rb at this level.

The kicker for Billings West needs to get a scholarship. Dude has a serious leg. Very accurate. Always kicks it out of the end zone. And a solid punter. He’s a junior I believe.

Triwest said:
wbtfg said:

Tom Carter is and will be a great player, I really don’t see him in a Griz uniform as both parents are cats.

PoppaBear88 said:
Triwest said:

Tom Carter is and will be a great player, I really don’t see him in a Griz uniform as both parents are cats.

Very likely but he said he’s waiting on an offer from the Griz.

Watched that kid play football and Bball. He dominates in Bball. But in football he has incredible hands. Seems like a great possession receiver for Montana with the hands and height.

https://twitter.com/tom8carter/status/1590432080479277057

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/14513970/63576ee2578d4b0c7078f001

I noted a week ago Tom Carter (Helena Capital) and Luke Smith (Bozeman) moved themselves into scholarship offer territory with how they've performed this fall. Since then, MSU upped Luke's PWO offer to a scholarship offer and the Griz offered a scholarship this past weekend. Griz also offered Tom a scholarship this weekend as both him and Luke were at the Cal Poly game. MSU will likely match/offer more for Tom (already had a PWO offer out to him I believe)...but you never know. I don't believe these are full scholarship offers.

Tom is being viewed as an offensive weapon as he can play both RB or WR but he was on the radar after his junior season more for his ability as a safety. Luke is being recruited for his abilities as a TE and/or DE. He's also a kid who could drop into coverage as a LB. Great versatility with both of these kids.

VimSince03 said:
I noted a week ago Tom Carter (Helena Capital) and Luke Smith (Bozeman) moved themselves into scholarship offer territory with how they've performed this fall. Since then, MSU upped Luke's PWO offer to a scholarship offer and the Griz offered a scholarship this past weekend. Griz also offered Tom a scholarship this weekend as both him and Luke were at the Cal Poly game. MSU will likely match/offer more for Tom (already had a PWO offer out to him I believe)...but you never know. I don't believe these are full scholarship offers.

Tom is being viewed as an offensive weapon as he can play both RB or WR but he was on the radar after his junior season more for his ability as a safety. Luke is being recruited for his abilities as a TE and/or DE. He's also a kid who could drop into coverage as a LB. Great versatility with both of these kids.

:thumb: Thanks Vim....

BHS QB chooses Montana Tech:

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/football/class-aa/butte-standout-quarterback-announces-commitment-to-montana-tech/article_362a8ec8-6468-11ed-8cf4-8bd48c32d6a5.html

HookedonGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:
JJ Dolan from Missoula Sentinel and Hunter Sharbono Fairview both to msu

Did the Griz offer JJ? I am not sure they did?

Have to think that is why you saw Nate Dolan's comments about going where you are valued. Hate to see a good kid and player go over there but they need to go where the best opportunity is for them. Good luck to JJ.

go96griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Did the Griz offer JJ? I am not sure they did?

Have to think that is why you saw Nate Dolan's comments about going where you are valued. Hate to see a good kid and player go over there but they need to go where the best opportunity is for them. Good luck to JJ.

Didn’t even offer a PWO to him. I think he was worthy of a partial of some kind.

Our coaches have already messed up that Sentinel pipeline with the Crews situation. Then they wait forever on offers even to Montana kids so all of that in my mind are contributing factors. This kid was a big Griz fan. They need to fix that but what do I know. I’m just a fan.

MSU got two commits from Florence. One a 6’4 270 OL, the other a 6’2 QB.

Looks like the OL is a PWO, not sure on the QB. I just…don’t understand why we wouldn’t take a shot on either one, especially the OL. It’s a freaking walk on spot, it’s a local kid, he has good size. What are you out of?! The Cats are getting what seems like quite a few players out of the Missoula area, and I don’t like it at all.

Back