• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2023 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

PTGrizzly said:
MSU got two commits from Florence. One a 6’4 270 OL, the other a 6’2 QB.

Looks like the OL is a PWO, not sure on the QB. I just…don’t understand why we wouldn’t take a shot on either one, especially the OL. It’s a freaking walk on spot, it’s a local kid, he has good size. What are you out of?! The Cats are getting what seems like quite a few players out of the Missoula area, and I don’t like it at all.

Well the only evidence I have is anecdotal, but both my nephews that grew up ranching in the Bitterroot went to MSU, to get Ag Engineering degrees.

AZGrizFan said:
PTGrizzly said:

Looks like the OL is a PWO, not sure on the QB. I just…don’t understand why we wouldn’t take a shot on either one, especially the OL. It’s a freaking walk on spot, it’s a local kid, he has good size. What are you out of?! The Cats are getting what seems like quite a few players out of the Missoula area, and I don’t like it at all.

Well the only evidence I have is anecdotal, but both my nephews that grew up ranching in the Bitterroot went to MSU, to get Ag Engineering degrees.

The OL is the son of a pastor. Don’t think he’s a ranch kid.

AZGrizFan said:
PTGrizzly said:

Those are portal positions....not suited for traditional recruiting methods. Drop downs is the name of the recruiting game for O-Line and QB. That's what I heard anyway.

AZGrizFan said:
PTGrizzly said:

There is another element to it, could be what the student/athlete wants to study and get a degree in. Because the chance of getting to play on Sundays is not too great.

KTVH did a piece on Tom Carter of Helena Capital this week. His dad played for the Cats and he has two sisters that are currently on their track team. So his destination seems pretty obvious.

mtgriz said:
KTVH did a piece on Tom Carter of Helena Capital this week. His dad played for the Cats and he has two sisters that are currently on their track team. So his destination seems pretty obvious.

One would think….but I’m hearing there is potential for Griz or even other programs that are after him.

HookedonGriz said:
mtgriz said:

One would think….but I’m hearing there is potential for Griz or even other programs that are after him.

If it was a done deal, I'm sure he would have committed by now. Sounds like both msu and um are offering partials, I've heard UM's offer is slightly higher.

Wherever he goes, that team will be getting a great athlete who will work his butt off.

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:

If it was a done deal, I'm sure he would have committed by now. Sounds like both msu and um are offering partials, I've heard UM's offer is slightly higher.

Wherever he goes, that team will be getting a great athlete who will work his butt off.

I’m hearing there is some FBS interest as well. Probably waiting to see how that plays out first. Boise State being one of them.

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:

https://www.ktvh.com/news/capitals-tom-carter-from-little-guy-to-big-star

kiddc87 said:
wbtfg said:

https://www.ktvh.com/news/capitals-tom-carter-from-little-guy-to-big-star

Yeah, I saw that last week. He seems like an awesome kid with an amazing work ethic and is obviously from a football family. It will be interesting to see if he ends up on offense or defense. I'm sure, wherever he chooses, he'll have an opportunity to be a special teams contributor right away.

Would love to see him in Bozeman, as I think someone with his skillset can be really dynamic in MSU's offense.

Rats of Butte said:
Does Zach Tierney hold any offers or interest from either school?

Not to my knowledge which is very surprising to me. I mean he didn’t light the world on fire this season but he has all the size and skills. I wonder if they are fearful of his injuries over the years. I’d love to see him in a Griz uniform.

HookedonGriz said:
Rats of Butte said:
Does Zach Tierney hold any offers or interest from either school?

Not to my knowledge which is very surprising to me. I mean he didn’t light the world on fire this season but he has all the size and skills. I wonder if they are fearful of his injuries over the years. I’d love to see him in a Griz uniform.

He was kind of behind the eight ball with baseball and I don't think he went to ANY camps

Paytonlives said:
HookedonGriz said:

He was kind of behind the eight ball with baseball and I don't think he went to ANY camps

Well then there’s no way Bobby offers him. :|

grizfan1984 said:
Tierney to Montana Tech

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I mean...unless it is what people have said, and injury history...just, wow. Because if you want engineering, you'd go to Bozo. unless, I guess he wants to stay home. I can see that too.

Back