• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Uni

kemajic said:
UNI has never beaten us. BH's first game back is not a likely place to change that.

I hope you are correct. I am not overly optimistic. New system and new QB's with a very untested O line. CB's questionable. LB corps are hopefully solid, but Buss injury hurts. Hopefully Sneed or Humphrey is mobile and helps the O line. The potential weaknesses on the team are by no means this staffs doing. I am just being realistic. A fullback and tight end will certainly help. By mid year the team could gel, barring any injuries. Cautiously hopeful and if nothing else the 2019 team will be more experienced and they will have the right mindset.

Copper Griz said:
kemajic said:
UNI has never beaten us. BH's first game back is not a likely place to change that.

I hope you are correct. I am not overly optimistic. New system and new QB's with a very untested O line. CB's questionable. LB corps is hopefully solid, but Buss injury hurts. Hopefully Sneed or Humphrey is mobile and helps the O line. The potential weaknesses on the team are by no means this staffs doing. I am just being realistic. A fullback and tight end will certainly help. By mid year the team could gel, barring any injuries. Cautiously hopeful and if nothing else the 2019 team will be more experienced and they will have the right mindset.

Agreed Copper, but the first game could be a lot like Stitt's first game at WGS. Lot's of unknowns CAN workout for the Griz like it did against NDSU, also the team and fans will be fired up for Bobby's return.

MTGRZ said:
Copper Griz said:
kemajic said:

I hope you are correct. I am not overly optimistic. New system and new QB's with a very untested O line. CB's questionable. LB corps is hopefully solid, but Buss injury hurts. Hopefully Sneed or Humphrey is mobile and helps the O line. The potential weaknesses on the team are by no means this staffs doing. I am just being realistic. A fullback and tight end will certainly help. By mid year the team could gel, barring any injuries. Cautiously hopeful and if nothing else the 2019 team will be more experienced and they will have the right mindset.

Agreed Copper, but the first game could be a lot like Stitt's first game at WGS. Lot's of unknowns CAN workout for the Griz like it did against NDSU, also the team and fans will be fired up for Bobby's return.

Damn straight and good point. I have to say I completely missed that part of the equation. Stadium will be rocking and I couldn’t be happier

statler & waldorf said:
Those of us active Griz fans at the time are familiar with the UNI bullshit, which hit the fan in 2001, perhaps setting the stage for the supposed fart, in 2011. Farley returns to the scene of his embarrassment, 38-0.
Quotes from "The Divide War: Montana's Golden Treasure," pp. 470-471:
"Our entire team was really fired up to play Northern Iowa," said (Vince)Huntsberger. "They were a real cheap outfit. They would not send us tape so we could look at them. I remember we had to get tape from other teams because of that fact. We never got tape until Tuesday or Wednesday."
"Then all week long we would read quote after quote in the paper about how they were going to whip our butt. Even when they arrived in Missoula for the game they were still flapping their jaws. By game, time we wanted to absolutely destroy that team."
"It was probably the only time I saw coach Glenn get really irritated was prior to the Northern Iowa game," said (Jon)Skinner. "He was very upset over not getting film. The coaching staff made it very clear to us if we had a chance we'd kick their butt by as much as possible."
"The entire game was a clowns' show," said (John)Edwards "We were upset going into the thing and they were so dirty as a football team. I recall Joe Glenn telling us at halftime not to get caught up in their nonsense because the last thing we needed was to get one of our players tossed from the game. It would mean they would have to sit out the national title game. Joe also told us we were going to put the coals in the burner as much as possible and continue to pour it on these guys."
"It was pure joy kicking their butt," said Huntsberger. "During the game, they were talking trash and punching our players."
"In fact a couple of their guys got kicked out of the game for it. I loved putting it to them. I thought for sure there would be a fight after that game when we were shaking hands because we were tired of all their crap."
"I lived beating them," said Skinner. "They were a very arrogant team. They were punching people and talking trash the whole game. A couple of their players got kicked out of the game. They deserved to get their butt whipped."

I agree about everything in this post. Northern Iowa has been complete bitches over the years concerning the Griz. I have Zero respect for them. I remember the trade-taping fiasco. No other team has ever refused to trade tapes. Concerning the "punching" allegations that Vince and Jon are referring too. I rememberJake Soliday nut-punching one of the DeCoite's. Soliday got ejected if I recall. Class act by those Panthers every time. Show no mercy Griz fans. These guys are jerks, period!

Zirg said:
statler & waldorf said:
Those of us active Griz fans at the time are familiar with the UNI bullshit, which hit the fan in 2001, perhaps setting the stage for the supposed fart, in 2011. Farley returns to the scene of his embarrassment, 38-0.
Quotes from "The Divide War: Montana's Golden Treasure," pp. 470-471:
"Our entire team was really fired up to play Northern Iowa," said (Vince)Huntsberger. "They were a real cheap outfit. They would not send us tape so we could look at them. I remember we had to get tape from other teams because of that fact. We never got tape until Tuesday or Wednesday."
"Then all week long we would read quote after quote in the paper about how they were going to whip our butt. Even when they arrived in Missoula for the game they were still flapping their jaws. By game, time we wanted to absolutely destroy that team."
"It was probably the only time I saw coach Glenn get really irritated was prior to the Northern Iowa game," said (Jon)Skinner. "He was very upset over not getting film. The coaching staff made it very clear to us if we had a chance we'd kick their butt by as much as possible."
"The entire game was a clowns' show," said (John)Edwards "We were upset going into the thing and they were so dirty as a football team. I recall Joe Glenn telling us at halftime not to get caught up in their nonsense because the last thing we needed was to get one of our players tossed from the game. It would mean they would have to sit out the national title game. Joe also told us we were going to put the coals in the burner as much as possible and continue to pour it on these guys."
"It was pure joy kicking their butt," said Huntsberger. "During the game, they were talking trash and punching our players."
"In fact a couple of their guys got kicked out of the game for it. I loved putting it to them. I thought for sure there would be a fight after that game when we were shaking hands because we were tired of all their crap."
"I lived beating them," said Skinner. "They were a very arrogant team. They were punching people and talking trash the whole game. A couple of their players got kicked out of the game. They deserved to get their butt whipped."

I agree about everything in this post. Northern Iowa has been complete bitches over the years concerning the Griz. I have Zero respect for them. I remember the trade-taping fiasco. No other team has ever refused to trade tapes. Concerning the "punching" allegations that Vince and Jon are referring too. I rememberJake Soliday nut-punching one of the DeCoite's. Soliday got ejected if I recall. Class act by those Panthers every time. Show no mercy Griz fans. These guys are jerks, period!
Two weeks ago I began 3 a day warm ups with 9 volts. 150 pitches each session. Next week I will begin some preliminary C cell work.

Go Griz

Back