• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs EWU Predictions

Game will be decided by Griz ability to pass block and picking up blitzes. EWU will throw every blitz they have to shake Jensen. If Griz can do that they win by 7, if not lose by 14. Hopefully the line can get the run game going to help out Jensen, 2nd and 3rd downs with 9+ yards to gain is going to really hurt.

Ursus1 said:
Game will be decided by Griz ability to pass block and picking up blitzes. EWU will throw every blitz they have to shake Jensen. If Griz can do that they win by 7, if not lose by 14. Hopefully the line can get the run game going to help out Jensen, 2nd and 3rd downs with 9+ yards to gain is going to really hurt.

With Jensen's release, I'm not as concerned about that as I am about OUR D's ability to get to their QB in time to disrupt their passing game.

AZGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:

With Jensen's release, I'm not as concerned about that as I am about OUR D's ability to get to their QB in time to disrupt their passing game.
Exactly. If the Eagles bring the house every time they're going to get shredded.

AZGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:

Big concern, I cringe to think what he'll do if we can't pressure him, I don't care who his receivers are.

Htowngriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:

Exactly. If the Eagles bring the house every time they're going to get shredded.

And again, conversely, if we have to bring help for the front 4 to get pressure, I'm not sure I have faith in our DB's if left on an island...or worse yet, in zone coverage....saw lots of loose, crappy play Saturday while in zone, again. :evil:

AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:

And again, conversely, if we have to bring help for the front 4 to get pressure, I'm not sure I have faith in our DB's if left on an island...or worse yet, in zone coverage....saw lots of loose, crappy play Saturday while in zone, again. :evil:

I'm not sure the Griz want to give Gubrud open looks in the middle of the field either...Semore really needs to mature the scheme and disguise the blitzes from the LBs.

But, he better dial up some pressure...

I know we don't have the same defensive personnel as two years ago, but the EWU game that year was an absolute QB massacre. Hopefully RR will start and allow us to get more pressure than we have so far, if not as much as we did in that game. I also suspect that we weren't showing all of our cards defensively in the non-conference games.

Gresch Jensen's favorite redzone target, Sammy Akem, properly introduces himself to a Sold Out Griz Nation with 2 TD's. Griz roll 42-17

Grizzlies 27
Eagles 41

With Jensen learning as he goes, I think one can expect a few more three and outs on offense, and probably a turnover or two due to poor decisions. Those extra possessions will simply give the Eagles more opportunities to put points on the board. I think EWU will win the time of possession battle nearly 2:1 and the Griz D will be gassed by the start of the 4th quarter.

Pretty sure I_the_sky is a bot. I don't mean a computer bot, I mean a bot fly that lays it's eggs in decomposing flesh.

It pains me but
EWU 35
Griz 24

Just not sold on our D and O line. I think the outcome of this game could dictate the rest of this season. If we can will it may indicate a plus 500 season. If we loose then we may have a hard time getting over 500. Road trips to PSU, MSU etc.

I hope the Defense and O line prove me wrong and Jensen like hi s it up!

IMO, this game will turn into a shootout, which is not what the Griz want. Our DL has not proven yet that it can apply consistent pressure and Eastern should be able to gain yards against our D. I honestly don't see Eastern punting many times Saturday, but hopefully the Griz can grab a few turnovers.

Offense is completely unknown at this point with Jensen getting his first start. Stitt's short history at UM would hint at a big game for Jensen as in year's past, the first full game for a new starter has always produced big results. Jensen does not seem to act like your typical RS-Freshman. This game may come down to the last possession, lets hope the Griz have it last.

GRIZ - 45

Eastern Washington - 42

Agree a high scoring affair. Comes down to which D gets critical stops,turnovers ....

Griz win in OT

Mousegriz said:
i_the_sky said:
I figured losing Kupp and Baldwin would slow Eastern to a stand still but it hasn't seemed to effect them much? I thought from day one this was a game the Grizzlies would win but with the QB injury last Saturday things look less favorable. We start a freshman QB who has never started before and this game is a big one to get thrown in to... I'm sure he will do just fine but one or two turnovers and we will lose!!! We haven't played Caleb Hill at all so any more injuries at QB and the problem get's worse, experience wise!!! Caleb should have gotten some reps against Savannah State! Turnovers and special teams will decide this one. It will be close , hopefully our place kicker brings his "A" game!!! Go Griz! This might be the for the BSC championship right here
?

Hill played Saturday. Did you watch the game?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This should be a REALLY good game! Both teams have played completely different schedules. The Griz vs 2 pretty easy FCS, and 1 powerhouse. PAC12. EWU, played an offensive juggernaut in Texas Tech and this years Champs (IMO) NDSU, then traveled 3000 miles to Fordham and blew them out, not to mention, they had 5 turnovers and 95 yards in penalties. But they looked like the team of the past, scoring in 2-3 minutes, then even defending, which will be a trademark this year! Yes, EWU HAS good D!
Griz will be breaking in a new QB, who looks awesome, we'll see if it translates into EWU GAME??
I'm just guessing we will see turnovers from both teams and which ones can turn those into points, that may be the difference in the game. EWU O line only given up 2 sacks thus far, so we seem pretty solid there. Defense had 10 sacks vs Fordham, 3 on NDSU and 3 on TTU, so look for a pass rush. I honestly no jack shit about the Griz this year, so I'll let you guys tell me. I'm still seeing what we always have seen the last 6-7 years., a close one, like 38-35 EWU.

Back