• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs EWU Predictions

Eastern finally started to click yesterday, without the turnovers eastern probably scores 80...it was against a middle of the road FCS team though. Eastern went really young on offense yesterday so your going to see some great plays with some bad mistakes....

I think the game Saturday will be close and if it's close I think Eastern wins, something like 45-42. I do fear a blowout could happen in favor of the griz if eastern doesn't play well early. Never easy to play in Missoula and the wheels can fall off pretty easy if the griz get rolling

Its going to be a typical shootout. Griz need the win to also help get back in the rankings.
Jensen will do just fine, I really look for the team to rally behind him.
Griz 40
ewo 29

I would feel much better with Jensen having a few more games under his belt. However, I do think that this team can force errors, more than make them....and EWU seems to be having some issues taking care of the ball. Is it youth? They may have the talent, but first time into what will be a sold out stadium for many.

I don't see this one getting to crazy scoring wise, but turnovers will decide it.

UM -33
EWU - 28

I figured losing Kupp and Baldwin would slow Eastern to a stand still but it hasn't seemed to effect them much? I thought from day one this was a game the Grizzlies would win but with the QB injury last Saturday things look less favorable. We start a freshman QB who has never started before and this game is a big one to get thrown in to... I'm sure he will do just fine but one or two turnovers and we will lose!!! We haven't played Caleb Hill at all so any more injuries at QB and the problem get's worse, experience wise!!! Caleb should have gotten some reps against Savannah State! Turnovers and special teams will decide this one. It will be close , hopefully our place kicker brings his "A" game!!! Go Griz! This might be the for the BSC championship right here
?

i_the_sky said:
I figured losing Kupp and Baldwin would slow Eastern to a stand still but it hasn't seemed to effect them much? I thought from day one this was a game the Grizzlies would win but with the QB injury last Saturday things look less favorable. We start a freshman QB who has never started before and this game is a big one to get thrown in to... I'm sure he will do just fine but one or two turnovers and we will lose!!! We haven't played Caleb Hill at all so any more injuries at QB and the problem get's worse, experience wise!!! Caleb should have gotten some reps against Savannah State! Turnovers and special teams will decide this one. It will be close , hopefully our place kicker brings his "A" game!!! Go Griz! This might be the for the BSC championship right here
?

Hill played Saturday. Did you watch the game?

I'm not too concerned about our QB situation. Hearing that Gresch is constantly watching tape late into nights and studying everything he can to be prepared, I think we will be just fine with him.

Hoping we get a win on Saturday.

I want to put my maroon colored glasses on badly for this one but here's my take. I picked EWU in this one before the season started so i certainly can't change my mind now with a backup QB at the helm. Plus, when you have a defensive front that doesn't seem to get a lot of pressure on a QB and a defensive backfield that can't stop the long ball.... it's going to be a very long day against one of if not the best QB in the FCS. My heart wants a Griz victory badly but my head says 45-30 Eagles. :(

i_the_sky said:
I figured losing Kupp and Baldwin would slow Eastern to a stand still but it hasn't seemed to effect them much

Really? I think it has.

Edit. Hasn't slowed them to a standstill, put it has most definitely slowed them.

blackfootipa said:
i_the_sky said:
I figured losing Kupp and Baldwin would slow Eastern to a stand still but it hasn't seemed to effect them much

Really? I think it has.

Edit. Hasn't slowed them to a standstill, put it has most definitely slowed them.

I have watched all three of their games... This is not a normal EWU Team.

Injuries to WR, DL
QB has been erratic
Dropped Passes
Many Turnovers
D looks great then very Average...

Honestly, they have not played like a top 25 team.

Eags have key injuries, are turnover prone and are young to boot. The EWU team coming into Missoula on Saturday is not the same EWU team that has had the Griz number recently. They are still dangerous and the Griz can't make mistakes or play sloppy and expect to win. I don't think that happens. I think we see a Griz team come rolling out of that tunnel with their hair on fire ready to win one for their fallen General Phillips.

Griz strike early, get some key early stops and win this one going away 42-27 in front of a rabid, old-school loud Griz crowd.

Go Griz!!

Mousegriz said:
i_the_sky said:
?

Hill played Saturday. Did you watch the game?

Not only did he apparently not watch Saturday's game, he hasn't watched much EWU this year either if he thinks the loss of Kupp and Baldwin hasn't slowed EWU.

Back